Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No. 3 Cowgirls Tennis Claims Their First National Championship
Bookmark and Share
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma State
No. 3 Cowgirls Tennis Claims Their First National Championship
No. 3 Oklahoma State Cowgirls Tennis Claims Their First National Championship

SEATTLE, Wash. – Oklahoma State women’s tennis has now won a national championship as they claimed the 2024 Intercollegiate Tennis Association Indoor National Championship and they did it by beating No. 14 Auburn, No. 10 Texas, No. 2 Stanford, and finished with a second win this season over No. 5 Michigan.

Now Oklahoma State moves to the outdoor season and will strive to win the next championship in women’s college tennis. The NCAA that they will host May 16-19 at the Greenwood Tennis Center in Stillwater. With this win they pretty much guarantee that they will host the first and second round and the super regionals. Since they are hosting the Big 12 Championships the road for the Cowgirls will be totally paved at home.
02-12-2024 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: No. 3 Cowgirls Tennis Claims Their First National Championship
(02-12-2024 08:07 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  No. 3 Oklahoma State Cowgirls Tennis Claims Their First National Championship

SEATTLE, Wash. – Oklahoma State women’s tennis has now won a national championship as they claimed the 2024 Intercollegiate Tennis Association Indoor National Championship and they did it by beating No. 14 Auburn, No. 10 Texas, No. 2 Stanford, and finished with a second win this season over No. 5 Michigan.

Now Oklahoma State moves to the outdoor season and will strive to win the next championship in women’s college tennis. The NCAA that they will host May 16-19 at the Greenwood Tennis Center in Stillwater. With this win they pretty much guarantee that they will host the first and second round and the super regionals. Since they are hosting the Big 12 Championships the road for the Cowgirls will be totally paved at home.
congrats cowgirls
02-12-2024 09:27 PM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(02-12-2024 09:27 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  congrats cowgirls

The entire B12 needs to start regularly taking home national championships. That's our first ladies championship ever, so it's special.

we have a chance for a couple more this year (wrestling, softball, or track), but it will take a huge effort and some luck.

The B12 seems to be on track for a shot at a BB championship too.
02-13-2024 08:40 AM
Advertisement

Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(02-13-2024 08:40 AM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  

The entire B12 needs to start regularly taking home national championships. That's our first ladies championship ever, so it's special.

Congratulation to the Cowgirls! And I completely agree with the bolded statement. We have national championships in cheerleading and a co-national championship with Alabama in football in 2017, but we could certainly do much more. Our men's soccer team had the #1 ranking in the country at one point, but we sort of backed into the postseason, which is never good. You want to go into postseason play on a high note, and we failed to do that. At some point, though, we'll have another sport contend for a national championship, I'm certain of that.
02-13-2024 09:08 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I found out some additional information - it's not a sanctioned NCAA National Title (no NCAA hardware). That first post was the headline and excerpt from an article.

(sad face)

It’s the Cowgirls’ first time winning ITA Nationals. It isn’t, however, an NCAA-sanctioned national title, meaning no banner is coming to GIA — yet. The Cowgirls have a shot to do that later this spring, as the OSU Greenwood Tennis Center hosts the NCAA Championships from May 16-19.
02-13-2024 09:11 AM
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(02-13-2024 09:08 AM)Golden Jedi Knight Wrote:  
(02-13-2024 08:40 AM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  

Congratulation to the Cowgirls! And I completely agree with the bolded statement. We have national championships in cheerleading and a co-national championship with Alabama in football in 2017, but we could certainly do much more. Our men's soccer team had the #1 ranking in the country at one point, but we sort of backed into the postseason, which is never good. You want to go into postseason play on a high note, and we failed to do that. At some point, though, we'll have another sport contend for a national championship, I'm certain of that.

Our softball team had a great opening weekend to climb high in the polls, but it will be almost impossible for somebody to knock off the Sooners, who obtained our #1 pitcher in the portal. Technically they are still "B12", but that would only count for this years standings, not future or historical league champions.

What an opening weekend for Oklahoma State Cowgirls softball as they moved up to No. 4 in the latest D1 Softball rankings after going 5-0 and outscoring the competition 39-5 in those games including a 9-1 five-inning run-rule over then No. 8 UCLA that have now fallen back to No. 22 in D1 Softball’s Top 25. Over the weekend the Cowgirls had six players combine to hit seven home runs. The one player with two round trippers was veteran transfer catcher Caroline Wang.
02-13-2024 09:54 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Congrats.
02-13-2024 10:05 AM
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

maybe we need a thread about "ranked B12 teams", in each sport. I would like to see that.

I follow OSU and where each sport stands, but I don't follow each team in the league or know if any are ranked high.

maybe we just do teams in the top 10 or 15 or some such. I know some of the league has strong soccer squads, and sports that OSU doesn't compete in, like volleyball and gymnastics.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024 10:22 AM by CaliforniaCowboy.)
02-13-2024 10:22 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

ok, so this is kinda cool...

Oklahoma State distance runner Taylor Roe added another award to her already impressive trophy case as she was named U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) National Athlete of the Week, the organization announced Tuesday.

Roe tore up the record books this past weekend at the Eagle Elite Invitational in Boston, cracking the all-time top 5 list in NCAA history in two separate events. She kicked off the meet in the 5,000 Meters, where she dropped the fourth-fastest 5K indoor time in NCAA history with her mark of 15:12.71. In the race, Roe also broke the school record as she lapped every other athlete in the field on her way to a 40-second victory.
02-13-2024 04:35 PM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

ITA Division I Women's Tennis Poll (Feb. 14)

1 Oklahoma State (13)
2 Michigan
3 Stanford
4 NC State
5 North Carolina
6 Texas
7 Virginia
8 Georgia
9 Ohio State
10 Pepperdine
11 Texas A&M
12 Auburn
13 Florida
14 Cal
15 Duke
16 San Diego
17 USC
18 UCLA
19 Oklahoma
20 Tennessee
21 Vanderbilt
22 Washington
23 Miami
24 South Carolina
25 Arizona State
02-14-2024 12:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.