Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF has beaten a top 18 team before in men's basketball ;-)
Bookmark and Share
Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
UCF has beaten a top 18 team before in men's basketball ;-)
Obviously, the thread title is meant in jest 03-lol, but our UCF team is going to have to maintain the same intensity, if not improve on its previous performance, in this afternoon's game against BYU. GO KNIGHTS! CHARGE ON!
01-13-2024 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Heisman

RE: UCF has beaten a top 18 team before in men's basketball ;-)
Good quote from guard Darius Johnson on UCFKnights.com that echoes my thoughts about how the approach has to be in every Big XII game:

"It’s that ‘next play’ mentality. We have to get our rest and get ready for (Saturday). It’s not going to be easy, Coach Dawkins is still going to be on us hard, so it’s next play.”

I think of it as "win on every play," and if you lose a play, win on the next one. Easier said than done!
01-13-2024 08:54 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
01-ncaabbs 04-cheers 01-ncaabbs Great thread, I will play along.

I wouldn't count on it happening again this time. 03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2024 08:57 AM by goodknightfl.)
01-13-2024 08:56 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(01-13-2024 08:56 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  01-ncaabbs 04-cheers 01-ncaabbs Great thread, I will play along.

Good idea. Let's see, how did I respond the last time? I think I said Jaylin Sellers needs to score like Michael Jordan and the defense needs to play like the Chicago Bulls' championship defenses, or something like that.
01-13-2024 11:15 AM
f1do Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BYU
It almost worked! I missed the game but caught the last less than a minute of game clock...
01-13-2024 06:30 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

(01-13-2024 06:30 PM)f1do Wrote:  It almost worked! I missed the game but caught the last less than a minute of game clock...

Congratulations for your first Big XII win! What a brutal game it was. Both teams struggled offensively. BYU struggled less than UCF did, but still struggled. I didn't see every second, but I was watching bits of it in-between while doing house chores and errands. Our outside shooting was atrocious, and our free throw shooting didn't help matters. Anyway, well done, and glad to have you guys as fellow conference members.
01-14-2024 09:37 AM
Heisman

(01-13-2024 08:56 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  01-ncaabbs 04-cheers 01-ncaabbs Great thread, I will play along.

I guess you played your part a little too well. 03-lmfao Oh, well, next up: Texas. Maybe we'll try again for that game.
01-14-2024 09:39 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

One other comment about the UCF-BYU game: Why weren't the refs calling more fouls? It seemed like they were just allowing the game to be a very physical one on both ends. It's funny how, in college football, they're like "Oh, we have to protect the players," but in men's college basketball, they're sometimes like, "Meh, let 'em play!" and the refs just swallow their whistles. I don't think it affected the outcome of the game, necessarily; either team could have won, but it's bizarre how basketball referees don't seem to have the same regard always for "protecting" the players the way football referees are expected to be. If you didn't see the UCF-BYU game, try to watch a replay of it and you'll see what I mean.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2024 09:50 AM by Golden Jedi Knight.)
01-14-2024 09:48 AM
f1do Offline
Special Teams

The game summaries I've read other places highlight much the same things: games are much more physical than BYU was used to in the WCC--so that is turning into an adjustment. Also shooting--seemed to be lights on in stretches--then horribly off for longer stretches. Maybe that will eventually even itself out...
01-14-2024 10:01 AM
f1do Offline
Special Teams

One final note--check out Coach Pope's post-game talk to the team. Loving being in this league.
https://twitter.com/CriddleBenjamin/stat...5082239421
01-14-2024 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.