Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Washington state supreme court grants control of P12 to WSU & OSU
Bookmark and Share
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma State
Washington state supreme court grants control of P12 to WSU & OSU
THE PAC 12 LIVES ON!!

The Washington state supreme court will not review a lower court's decision that granted control of the Pac-12 board of directors to Oregon State and Washington State, the court ruled Friday.

With the ruling, a previous stay of the lower court's decision has been lifted, granting immediate control of the board to OSU and WSU.

In a joint statement, Oregon State president Jayathi Murthy and Washington State president Kirk Schulz lauded the court's decision.

"We are pleased with the Washington Supreme Court's decision today," they said. "We look forward to continuing our work of charting a path forward for the conference that is in the best interest of student-athletes and our wider university communities."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...-12-appeal
12-16-2023 09:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Washington state supreme court grants control of P12 to WSU & OSU
good news for them, they will have money and assets to move forward.
12-16-2023 10:31 AM
Agust Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-16-2023 10:31 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  good news for them, they will have money and assets to move forward.

WSU is in debt and will be looking at raising tuition cost to try and recover. Basically mishandled 20+ million a year and will now pass on the bill to taxpayers and students.

I feel bad for neither.
12-16-2023 09:25 PM
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(12-16-2023 09:25 PM)Agust Wrote:  
(12-16-2023 10:31 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  good news for them, they will have money and assets to move forward.

WSU is in debt and will be looking at raising tuition cost to try and recover. Basically mishandled 20+ million a year and will now pass on the bill to taxpayers and students.

I feel bad for neither.

WOW, that's a bit rough.... the based their budget on media revenue projections, which obviously did not come through, worsened by the Pandemic issues.

UW is in debt too, making interest only payments on their 2012 stadium remodel will will baloon to $17mil next year.

Cal is badly in debt, I believe most of the Pac12 schools are.
12-17-2023 09:32 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I feel bad for neither.

UH currently has an athletic debt of $75.3 million, which ranks 48th out of 98 schools that had data available, according to Sportico. Jul 10, 2022

UH Athletics also took 17 million from the University (taxpayer and student money)
12-17-2023 09:40 AM
Agust Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(12-17-2023 09:40 AM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  

I feel bad for neither.

UH currently has an athletic debt of $75.3 million, which ranks 48th out of 98 schools that had data available, according to Sportico. Jul 10, 2022

UH Athletics also took 17 million from the University (taxpayer and student money)

Yes almost all universities. The education system is completely broken. It's like watching MLB players union and Owners get in a squabble about whose the victim. In the end massive contracts will be givin' out and ticket prices and concessions will be raised to make sure both parties excluding fans are happy.
12-17-2023 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.