Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2023 Bowl Pickem Series
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
2023 Bowl Pickem Series
The following was posted on the Realignment Board:

Now that the CFP field is set, we have all heard the annual calls to bring back the BCS selection process. I can’t bring back the BCS, so I’ll just introduce this year’s BPS – the Bowl Pickem Series.

There will be three contests picking games between December 16 and January 1. All games will be picked against a point spread. The first contest will include 15 games to be played between Saturday 12/16 and Saturday 12/23. The second will include the 11 games from Tuesday 12/26 to Thursday 12/28, and the third will include the games starting at noon on 12/29 and culminating with the last CFP semifinal game on New Years Day.

Each contest will include a tiebreaker, and 6 rep points will be awarded to the winner. Second place and ties will receive 4 rep points each and third place pickers will get 2 rep points. You need not make selections in all three contests to participate in some of them. In addition, the player(s) with the most correct picks in the entire 3 game BPS will earn 6 rep points. There will not be a tiebreaker for the series.

I will not post the point spreads for the second and third contests until 4 days before the first game of each contest. This is to allow for changes from the early betting line reflecting opt outs, transfers, and injuries so as not to unduly penalize early pickers. I will post the slate of games for the first contest on this thread on Tuesday, 12/12.

Good luck to all.

Note: This contest will be run from the Realignment Board, and it is in addition to the ACC Bowl Pickem which Shannon Panther will post on this forum. If you are interested in joining us, the first slate of games and spreads will be posted Tuesday morning.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2023 11:13 AM by ken d.)
12-08-2023 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
RE: 2023 Bowl Pickem Series
The first of three in the Bowl Pickem Series has been posted on the Realignment Board. Picks must be made NLT one hour prior to kickoff in order to count.
12-11-2023 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.