TE coach fired too.
11-26-2023 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: DC and DL coaches fired
Sam Gregg needs to go or a new OL coach.
11-26-2023 03:18 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
Yeah, I sure was hoping for some more offense coaches to get the boot.
11-26-2023 03:32 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

We do realize the same guy who hired the departing coaches is going to be the one hiring the new ones, right?
11-26-2023 07:10 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-26-2023 07:10 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  We do realize the same guy who hired the departing coaches is going to be the one hiring the new ones, right?

To be fair, he did hire a good DC that Florida thought enough of to take from us
11-27-2023 10:53 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(11-27-2023 10:53 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(11-26-2023 07:10 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  We do realize the same guy who hired the departing coaches is going to be the one hiring the new ones, right?

To be fair, he did hire a good DC that Florida thought enough of to take from us

No.. Bama hired him first, for more money and to be a position coach, and before he could report for work, Florida paid him more and made him a DC. He was gone before Napier hired him.

From what I heard off the Eagle Hour, changes are made on Defense and apparently we never had a true OC, so we're looking to hire a true OC. Which means Sam Gregg will coach the line (great *insert sarcasm*).

I feel like with DoB, he was already in place and to Hall it made sense to promote him up regardless if he was ready or not. Unfortunately for DoB, it was a failed experiment and now he's out of a job, but he would be out of a job had Hall gotten the boot as well.
11-28-2023 07:50 AM
Advertisement

EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

OLB coach gone too.

Seems to me we should be doing some firing on the offensive side as well, but what do I know? I just watch this crap every week.
11-28-2023 10:10 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(11-28-2023 10:10 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  OLB coach gone too.

Seems to me we should be doing some firing on the offensive side as well, but what do I know? I just watch this crap every week.

Our Defense regressed from last season so we need to make changes there, but I'm with you, Offense needs changes.. I said it already, we need an O-Line coach. I remember Liberty fans were happy to see Gregg leave and honestly I'm with them now.

Get us an OC and OL coach.. I'm not 100% sold on the QB coach or the WR coach either.
11-28-2023 10:18 AM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

What scares me is, what coach is going to come here knowing that there's a really good chance it's only a one year gig then we totally clean house. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just have zero confidence that next year will be any better.
11-28-2023 10:46 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(11-28-2023 10:46 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  What scares me is, what coach is going to come here knowing that there's a really good chance it's only a one year gig then we totally clean house. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just have zero confidence that next year will be any better.

I'm hopeful as always.

I'm encouraged by EC and the kid we signed from MRA that remains committed.

Supposedly we're getting some veteran players from JUCO and targeting some from the portal.

We need some good linemen and a good coach for them.

I think we have talent, we just didn't coach them right.
11-28-2023 11:05 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

(11-28-2023 10:46 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  What scares me is, what coach is going to come here knowing that there's a really good chance it's only a one year gig then we totally clean house. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just have zero confidence that next year will be any better.

Which is another reason retaining Hall is baffling (if the money was given, which is rumored to have been the case). He's not going to be able to get a good assistant because of those circumstances, which means we can expect a similar year next year. Then what? Does his good-ole-boy mentality keep him around? Does Joe Paul fire McClain and him?
11-28-2023 11:54 AM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-28-2023 07:50 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(11-27-2023 10:53 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

No.. Bama hired him first, for more money and to be a position coach, and before he could report for work, Florida paid him more and made him a DC. He was gone before Napier hired him.

Nonetheless
11-28-2023 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.