Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: @UB
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Game Week: @UB
Win or stay home for the bowl season. 5-7`won't make as two FBS newbies, James Madison and JAX State, can receive invites if there are not enough 6 win team

I believe the game will be on ESPN2.
11-16-2023 11:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: Game Week: @UB
(11-16-2023 11:50 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Win or stay home for the bowl season. 5-7`won't make as two FBS newbies, James Madison and JAX State, can receive invites if there are not enough 6 win team

You are correct, it's at 7:30 on ESPN2.

James Madison and Jacksonville State aside, even then our APR isn't high enough to get us in at 5-7...so you your larger point...this is it! Win or go home!
11-17-2023 07:10 AM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
(11-17-2023 07:10 AM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  
(11-16-2023 11:50 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Win or stay home for the bowl season. 5-7`won't make as two FBS newbies, James Madison and JAX State, can receive invites if there are not enough 6 win team

You are correct, it's at 7:30 on ESPN2.

The weather forecast is not looking too good. Cold, rainy all day, with a chance of snow mixing in that night. It's not going to be too pleasant sitting in the stands.
11-17-2023 08:18 AM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

Buffalo comes in at 3-8, and have really struggled to score this year. They lost at home to a 6-4 FCS team in Fordham. Their three wins are against two of the worst MAC teams, Kent State and Akron, and they needed OT to beat Akron like we did. Their big win was crushing CMU at home.

Watching them against Miami-OH, they remind me of Akron on offense. One of their QBs is Cole Snyder, he struggles to complete just 55% of his passes with 13 TDs and 9 INTs. He isn't much of a runner, but they played CJ Ogbonna quite a bit and he is. He only has 19 attempts on the year, and only threw twice against Miami. That is why I said they were kind of like Akron, if Ogbonna is in there they are going to run. Their offense hasn't move the ball well though. They are running team, but they only average 3.6 YPC, and their leading rush (Cook) barely gets to 4 YPC. Their offense is a bit like ours, except I think we can run the ball better then they can, and they have the obvious tell of a run is coming when Ogbonna is in. With Snyder there is the pass threat, but again he doesn't complete a ton of his passes, and they only get about 185 yards through the air...which isn't great in modern football.

There strength is clearly their defense. With Gabbert out for Miami, their backup is more of duel-threat. He ran for 60 on his own and as a team they were at 180. So in watching that game, I though a run game featuring Samson in the cold, getting Austin more involved in the run game, and Jaylon on the edge could be effective. Get some short, quick routes in the pass game so Austin can get it out quick and not have to process too much too quickly. Their defense is their strength, but they do up nearly 370 yards a game. We need to stay on schedule, no penalties, limit the negative plays and I think we can move it some on them.

Their kicker McNulty and Jesus were probably the best in the MAC last year, but McNulty has struggled this year hitting just 10-18 field goals.

Buffalo has no postseason hopes, so this could go one of two ways; they could mail it in and be ready for the offseason or come out fired up and pissed off to end our season since there is ending too. If I had to guess, I'd say the later is more likely.

These are two similar teams. This is going to be a rock fight! We need to put together our best game of the season, and most importantly the cleanest game of the year! No dumb penalties, staying on schedule on offense, getting off the field on 3rd/4th downs while converting our 3rd downs.

As of now it's supposed to be a mid-40s, rainy day in Buffalo. ESPN has us with just a 35.3% change of winning this game...I think our odds are better than that.
11-17-2023 08:31 AM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
I really believe the weather sets us up to win! SAMSON EVANS needs to be the feature RB with 25 plus carries! I see him rushing for over 100 yds and 2-3 TDs! To me this has been one of CC biggest mistakes all season! #28 isn't A RB #1 player, he's a 8-10 carry type of RB! EVANS has NFL abilities, Jackson doesn't! We win if CC finally decides to do this.
11-17-2023 10:58 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's,
I would disagree with you, on how Jackson should have been used. Creighton should have used Jackson on power sweeps, and reverses, to the outside where his speed could be utilized. Not dives off tackle. I don't know if Evans has NFL abilities.
11-17-2023 11:27 AM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Online
Heisman

(11-17-2023 10:58 AM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  I really believe the weather sets us up to win! SAMSON EVANS needs to be the feature RB with 25 plus carries! I see him rushing for over 100 yds and 2-3 TDs! To me this has been one of CC biggest mistakes all season! #28 isn't A RB #1 player, he's a 8-10 carry type of RB! EVANS has NFL abilities, Jackson doesn't! We win if CC finally decides to do this.
During the 4th quarter of the Akron game it seemed like the OC figured out that the power run game with Samson was the way to go. It worked. They need that same mentality against UB. Beat them up 3-4 yards at a time, use the short passing game, and control the ball.
11-17-2023 12:03 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(11-17-2023 11:27 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's,
I would disagree with you, on how Jackson should have been used. Creighton should have used Jackson on power sweeps, and reverses, to the outside where his speed could be utilized. Not dives off tackle. I don't know if Evans has NFL abilities.
https://herosports.com/fbs-nfl-draft-mid...ects-cpcp/
Evans rushed for 1200 yards ballpark last season, This year maybe half of that! Why, He hasn't gotten the rock alot! CC, hasn't utilized his best player this season!
11-17-2023 03:30 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Guys.... Samson Evans has been hurt throughout most of the season. Coaches have talked about this publicly. That's why he isn't getting the carries he got last year.
11-17-2023 04:47 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(11-17-2023 04:47 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Guys.... Samson Evans has been hurt throughout most of the season. Coaches have talked about this publicly. That's why he isn't getting the carries he got last year.

And I'd save him for late in the game when the other team is tired.
11-17-2023 07:48 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I’ve heard that there will be too many bowl eligible teams this year. I don’t know if that’s true or not. If that is the case, we won’t get an invite win or lose.
11-17-2023 09:10 PM
Advertisement

Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

(11-17-2023 09:10 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I’ve heard that there will be too many bowl eligible teams this year. I don’t know if that’s true or not. If that is the case, we won’t get an invite win or lose.

Interesting...I had heard the opposite. I'll have to see what I can find this morning. I wonder how the bowl tie-ins factor into that. The MAC has six direct bowl tie-ins and then there are a group of random bowls that group of five conferences share and the MAC gets two of those.

So I wonder if there are five or six MAC teams they go to those six direct tie-ins automatically and anything over that people might sweat.
11-18-2023 08:04 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(11-18-2023 08:04 AM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  
(11-17-2023 09:10 PM)holybovine Wrote:  I’ve heard that there will be too many bowl eligible teams this year. I don’t know if that’s true or not. If that is the case, we won’t get an invite win or lose.

Interesting...I had heard the opposite. I'll have to see what I can find this morning. I wonder how the bowl tie-ins factor into that. The MAC has six direct bowl tie-ins and then there are a group of random bowls that group of five conferences share and the MAC gets two of those.

So I wonder if there are five or six MAC teams they go to those six direct tie-ins automatically and anything over that people might sweat.

Yes. Everything is up in the air. I count about more 30 teams which can hit 6 wins with one or 2 wins.

E.g. the Big 12 has 5 teams with 5 or 4 wins. Yokes.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/standings
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023 08:31 AM by emu steve.)
11-18-2023 08:15 AM
TheWoodenNickle Online
Heisman

(11-18-2023 08:15 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Yes. Everything is up in the air. I count about 30 teams which can hit 6 wins with one or 2 wins.

Last Monday there were 58 eligible teams to fill 82 spots. Obviously others will pick up the 6th win today and next week. Something to keep an eye on.
11-18-2023 08:21 AM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

(11-18-2023 08:15 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Yes. Everything is up in the air. I count about 30 teams which can hit 6 wins with one or 2 wins.

I Just did a quick count. Keep in mind there are 41 bowls, meaning there are 82 spots.

As of this morning there are 58 bowl eligible teams and 38 who are still alive for a total of 96 teams who could be 6-6 or better. Obviously some of those teams play each other or will lose to other teams, but yeah it looks like it could be tight. We'll have a much more clear picture after today.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023 08:36 AM by Sellers dweller.)
11-18-2023 08:26 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
I know it was a different topic about staying on topic, but here we have a thread about the upcoming Buffalo game, and half dozen comments about bowl games as the latest comments.
11-18-2023 10:00 AM
Advertisement

holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(11-18-2023 10:00 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
I know it was a different topic about staying on topic, but here we have a thread about the upcoming Buffalo game, and half dozen comments about bowl games as the latest comments.

With all due respect Ken, if this game doesn’t matter regarding bowl eligibility it isn’t worth discussing.
11-18-2023 01:29 PM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

(11-18-2023 10:00 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,

Well it is sort of a major theme of this weeks game.
11-18-2023 02:57 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(11-17-2023 04:47 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Guys.... Samson Evans has been hurt throughout most of the season. Coaches have talked about this publicly. That's why he isn't getting the carries he got last year.

There goes Frank once again, making an incredibly logical post that brings us all back down to earth.
11-18-2023 06:26 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(11-18-2023 06:26 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

There goes Frank once again, making an incredibly logical post that brings us all back down to earth.

And frankly Samson had a better o line last year looking for him.
11-20-2023 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.