Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cringe moment on the Dabo call in show
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Cringe moment on the Dabo call in show

Fan calls in and airs his grievances, Dabo unloads on the fan.

Both Dabo and the fan make good points. Reminds me of the “where’s the love?” moment on the Jimbo call in show.
11-01-2023 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AeroWolf Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NC State
RE: Cringe moment on the Dabo call in show
Call in portions of coach's shows are worthless.

Coaches generally cannot indulge fans with answers to "tough questions." Coachspeak exist to hide both flaws and assets while projecting confidence to his team, especially during the season. Does anybody think it really inspires team confidence for the coach to announce players or staff are terrible? Let's see how that approach works out for Coach Prime for the rest of this season with regard to his OL.

It is not that coaches do not want to fix issues that everybody sees during games. There are very few changes a coach can make in season without making a situation worse.

In season staff changes only happen if there is confidence, or nothing to lose mentality, in the replacement personnel. Otherwise changes in personnel (player or coaching) can only take place in the off-season. And it is rare to be able to foresee how these changes will work out.
11-01-2023 02:45 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(11-01-2023 02:45 PM)AeroWolf Wrote:  Call in portions of coach's shows are worthless.

Coaches generally cannot indulge fans with answers to "tough questions." Coachspeak exist to hide both flaws and assets while projecting confidence to his team, especially during the season. Does anybody think it really inspires team confidence for the coach to announce players or staff are terrible? Let's see how that approach works out for Coach Prime for the rest of this season with regard to his OL.

It is not that coaches do not want to fix issues that everybody sees during games. There are very few changes a coach can make in season without making a situation worse.

In season staff changes only happen if there is confidence, or nothing to lose mentality, in the replacement personnel. Otherwise changes in personnel (player or coaching) can only take place in the off-season. And it is rare to be able to foresee how these changes will work out.

Dabo could Win far more games as a Louisville Basketball coach than the current coaching staff can. Just saying, the Man has every right to defend His accomplishments. Anyone can have a bad season without criticism if You have a great track record. Clemson has that right
11-01-2023 04:31 PM
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Clemson is something like 7-7 in the last 14 games and looks as if they will barely limp to bowl eligibility. I think Clemson fans have good reason to be frustrated, they way over payed for Dabo at $11m a year when it was the assistant coaches that made Dabo look good.

However, this is where Clemson fans need to be patient. I think Dabo has earned a little bit of leeway. Perhaps their run of elite QBs have come to a temporary end, Cade Klubnik may not have it between the ears.
11-01-2023 04:56 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
Dabo was perfectly right to stick it to that guy the other night.

Part of what is showing is regression to the mean. The question is why the regression. Then answer is that Hunter Renfrow, Travis Etienne, and Trevor Lawrence are in the NFL.

Clemson made a mistake recruiting QB's outside the Southeast. Uglyugly is a west coast guy. Klubiak is a Westlake Texas boy. Shipley was recruited specifically to keep him from going to NC State but he is a size too small to fill the Travis Etienne role. There is no one who can catch the ball every time in the clutch now at Clemson like Renfrow. That puts more pressure on the QB's. Puts more pressure on the Offensive Coordinator, and more pressure on the Defense.

The result is that Clemson has choked 4 games they should have won over the last two years - South Carolina last year and Duke, FSU, and Miami this year. Losing to the best Pitt team in 20 years and losing to an NC State team with less talent is not an aberration. The dog pile on Dabo seem trite to me.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023 06:06 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
11-01-2023 06:05 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Frankly, that caller sounded like a first class jerk to me. I'm surprised (and maybe a little disappointed) that Dabo was as patient with him as he was. People whose opinions really matter don't ramble on like that guy did. I think he just liked to hear the sound of his own voice.
11-05-2023 02:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.