Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official 2023 Bowl Projections/Scenarios/Announcements
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Official 2023 Bowl Projections/Scenarios/Announcements
Probably too early for this since we aren't even bowl eligible yet. But nonetheless, this is what ESPN is saying.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/in...e-matchups

Saturday, Dec. 30
Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl
Arizona Stadium (Tucson, Arizona)
Bonagura: Northern Illinois vs. Wyoming

Saturday, Dec. 23
Camellia Bowl
Cramton Bowl (Montgomery, Alabama)
Schlabach: Louisiana vs. Northern Illinois
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023 11:46 AM by epasnoopy.)
10-29-2023 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: 2023 Bowl Projections
Don’t like either venue… Bahamas in Bahama would be terrific or anywhere in FL…
10-29-2023 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

Of course I’d be grateful for any bowl game…
10-29-2023 07:19 PM
The_Trentnado Offline
Water Engineer

Gotta get there first, like the team, I'm very one week at a time
10-29-2023 08:09 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Myrtle beach wouldn’t be bad if the MAC get that tie in this year.
10-29-2023 08:37 PM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
CMU will be very tough on Tuesday. Nov. 7 is an absolute must-win to likely get to 5-5
10-29-2023 08:52 PM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(10-29-2023 08:52 PM)pjfleck82 Wrote:  CMU will be very tough on Tuesday. Nov. 7 is an absolute must-win to likely get to 5-5

I think we take this CMU game as they don’t look like the CMU from the last few seasons at all. No big play maker or QB
10-29-2023 10:05 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
We should be sitting pretty right, not sweating each game out, too bad we chocked against SIU and Tulsa. Any bowl would be great after how the season started, and lets just pray for a bowl game W to change our recent fortune.
10-30-2023 06:00 AM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
CMU game this Tuesday (Oct. 31) and Ball State on Nov. 7 ...

... this week and next would go a long way to getting NIU up the ladder. Need to win both, go 6-4 and become bowl-eligible with two more chances after to go higher. (I would fall off my desk chair and be happy to take the lumps if NIU went 8-4 after this season's start.)

I don't know how or if record matters in bowl selections. Any thoughts or info on how that works?

Anyway ... as always ... GO HUSKIES!
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023 09:22 AM by pvk75.)
10-30-2023 09:21 AM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(10-30-2023 09:21 AM)pvk75 Wrote:  CMU game this Tuesday (Oct. 31) and Ball State on Nov. 7 ...

... this week and next would go a long way to getting NIU up the ladder. Need to win both, go 6-4 and become bowl-eligible with two more chances after to go higher. (I would fall off my desk chair and be happy to take the lumps if NIU went 8-4 after this season's start.)

I don't know how or if record matters in bowl selections. Any thoughts or info on how that works?

Anyway ... as always ... GO HUSKIES!

First, here are records of MAC teams with best chance for bowl;

Toledo 7-1
Miami 7-2
Ohio 6-3
BGSU 4-4
CMU 4-4
NIU 4-4
EMU 4-5

Then click on link

https://collegefootballnews.com/bowl-pro...-2023-2024

Then scroll down to MAC bowl ties, affiliations.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-30-2023 10:00 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Brandon Suarez says he was hearing Idaho Potato Bowl for NIU in the press box if we end up bowl eligible on his WMU postgame episode.

https://x.com/HuskiesOnTap/status/172489...70618?s=20
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023 08:12 AM by epasnoopy.)
11-16-2023 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

(11-16-2023 08:11 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Brandon Suarez says he was hearing Idaho Potato Bowl for NIU in the press box if we end up bowl eligible on his WMU postgame episode.

Ya know...

I like the fact that Brandon is committed to covering the Huskies and has his podcast because it's a great source of information and I appreciate having a podcast that covers the football team. But...

He needs to chill the fvck out.

The past two weeks, he's been going off about fans and their responses to losses and blaming those of us that don't or can't go to a fvcking Tuesday night game at 6PM when students are on campus and refuse to show up and the school does next to nothing to entice them to go. Not only that, but his love affair with Frazier is absurd.

Hey Brandon. Get off the Twitter comments. You know full well a lot of the comments are from people losing wagers. Besides, if you're going to Facebook or Twitter comment sections for positivity, you have a mental disorder.

The past two game recaps I've considered unfollowing the podcast because I don't need to be scream and cursed at by a twit who brags that he drives an hour to a weeknight game and eats fast food in his car. No one cares.

Turn 40 and see where that leads you. Have a job that requires you to get up a 5AM and see how sustainable any of that is.

Problem is, he's not wrong that attendance sucks, but a resurgence isn't going to be initiated by the 40 to 50 year olds who have a zillion responsibilities but by the apathetic student population and school where these games are taking place.

Gonna yell at me about driving to DeKalb from the south side of the city to make a 6PM game when I have to get up at 5AM and seemingly give a pass to everyone who actually lives or works on campus and then to say you would go to war to defend Sean Frazier....

Man...your perspective is considerably out of focus.
11-16-2023 08:45 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(11-16-2023 08:45 AM)Big Red Wrote:  
(11-16-2023 08:11 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Brandon Suarez says he was hearing Idaho Potato Bowl for NIU in the press box if we end up bowl eligible on his WMU postgame episode.

Ya know...

I like the fact that Brandon is committed to covering the Huskies and has his podcast because it's a great source of information and I appreciate having a podcast that covers the football team. But...

He needs to chill the fvck out.

The past two weeks, he's been going off about fans and their responses to losses and blaming those of us that don't or can't go to a fvcking Tuesday night game at 6PM when students are on campus and refuse to show up and the school does next to nothing to entice them to go. Not only that, but his love affair with Frazier is absurd.

Hey Brandon. Get off the Twitter comments. You know full well a lot of the comments are from people losing wagers. Besides, if you're going to Facebook or Twitter comment sections for positivity, you have a mental disorder.

The past two game recaps I've considered unfollowing the podcast because I don't need to be scream and cursed at by a twit who brags that he drives an hour to a weeknight game and eats fast food in his car. No one cares.

Turn 40 and see where that leads you. Have a job that requires you to get up a 5AM and see how sustainable any of that is.

Problem is, he's not wrong that attendance sucks, but a resurgence isn't going to be initiated by the 40 to 50 year olds who have a zillion responsibilities but by the apathetic student population and school where these games are taking place.

Gonna yell at me about driving to DeKalb from the south side of the city to make a 6PM game when I have to get up at 5AM and seemingly give a pass to everyone who actually lives or works on campus and then to say you would go to war to defend Sean Frazier....

Man...your perspective is considerably out of focus.

I'm only 40 minutes from the stadium but it's even difficult for me to get there on time sometimes. E.g. Senior night, they've already introduced all the players before I get there. Good luck maintaining a fanbase when 2 of the 5 or 6 home games are on a weeknight, for 10 years+. Just try. And you're doing that so you can be on E$PNU. Great.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023 11:16 AM by NIU007.)
11-16-2023 11:14 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Big Red, completely agree with you regarding Suarez. I've only listened to him a couple of times but his coarseness and defense of anyone NIU related, Frazier, rocky etc. gets old and he makes many non sequiter comments.
11-16-2023 11:51 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-16-2023 11:51 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Big Red, completely agree with you regarding Suarez. I've only listened to him a couple of times but his coarseness and defense of anyone NIU related, Frazier, rocky etc. gets old and he makes many non sequiter comments.
I never listen (lol), but think he does this to make sure he’s continued to be given the access he is.

This is why I just tweet
11-16-2023 11:58 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(11-16-2023 11:58 AM)7 Wrote:  
(11-16-2023 11:51 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Big Red, completely agree with you regarding Suarez. I've only listened to him a couple of times but his coarseness and defense of anyone NIU related, Frazier, rocky etc. gets old and he makes many non sequiter comments.
I never listen (lol), but think he does this to make sure he’s continued to be given the access he is.

This is why I just tweet

I concur. He has to stay on the good side of NIU, or be completely shut out of the privileges he has. Then he'll have nothing meaningful to report.
11-16-2023 12:15 PM
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

(11-16-2023 12:15 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

This is why I just tweet

I concur. He has to stay on the good side of NIU, or be completely shut out of the privileges he has. Then he'll have nothing meaningful to report.

It is a double edged sword for sure.

I know he has to maintain those relationships but I feel he steers way too hard into the relationship and friendships. I think there can be a balance but I also recognize that he has aspirations for working in this industry (sports media) and until he's "made it", he probably feels like the relationships he builds can only help him.

Nevertheless...I don't need to get screamed and cursed at when I'm one of a few listeners and subscribers.
11-16-2023 12:29 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

This is why I just tweet

So basically, Pravda.
11-16-2023 01:04 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(11-16-2023 01:04 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

This is why I just tweet

So basically, Pravda.

Unfortunately. State controlled media.
11-16-2023 03:59 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

He can go on loud tirades but in the end I appreciate hearing his interviews with the players and the other nuggets he puts out (like NIU in the Potato Bowl) from the access he has. Otherwise, we have very little outsider coverage of NIU football and sports besides Huskie Wire and occasional Rockford outlets.
11-16-2023 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.