UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***Game Thread*** Georgia
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
***Game Thread*** Georgia
Post your predictions below. I live in Georgia now, surrounded by bulldog fans and I summed up the game to a group of bulldog fans at a birthday party last night like this:

"In 2021 we were pretty good and y'all beat us 56-7. This year we aren't very good."

My hope for the game is that we get through it with few injuries.
09-23-2023 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MAN4UAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: ***Game Thread*** Georgia
BLAZERS: not enough - UGA: Too much

Our line play on both sides of the ball so far doesn’t offer much hope. Probably a good night to visit Evan Williams.
09-23-2023 07:43 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
My prediction is we improve and get a nice paycheck so Mark can get his yearly bonus for coming in under budget.
09-23-2023 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
I predict a loss
09-23-2023 09:33 AM
UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

#StopSchedulingGamesLikeThis

Even though we’ve been set back a decade and played a cupcake role to two middle of the pack sunbelt teams.

Have we given up 70 besides that game vs USM?
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023 10:07 AM by UABFAN23.)
09-23-2023 10:07 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
As long as Mark is the AD we will schedule games like this. He wants the highest payday he can get every year.
09-23-2023 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(09-23-2023 10:07 AM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  #StopSchedulingGamesLikeThis

Even though we’ve been set back a decade and played a cupcake role to two middle of the pack sunbelt teams.

I think Kansas beat us 72-0
09-23-2023 10:49 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

ESPN has Georgia favored by 40.
09-23-2023 10:49 AM
randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
I predict we will be talking much more about the upcoming basketball season beginning tomorrow.
09-23-2023 11:14 AM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
They beat Kent State 45-3 and I think y’all are better than Letterman U.

They struggled a bit against South Carolina which makes me worry about our trip to Columbia.

How much are they paying you?
09-23-2023 11:20 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(09-23-2023 10:49 AM)LairDweller Wrote:  

I think Kansas beat us 72-0

Georgia could do that to us easily if they want to.
09-23-2023 11:20 AM
Advertisement

uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

(09-23-2023 10:45 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  As long as Mark is the AD we will schedule games like this. He wants the highest payday he can get every year.

Good
09-23-2023 11:26 AM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

Georgia 45-13
My prediction is, this is the only loss I will pick this year.
09-23-2023 11:36 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(09-23-2023 10:45 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  As long as Mark is the AD we will schedule games like this. He wants the highest payday he can get every year.

Fire Mark Ingram (and Ray Watts).
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023 01:20 PM by BlazerGreen.)
09-23-2023 01:17 PM
Frank Grimes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB,Springfield Isotopes
(09-23-2023 11:20 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  They beat Kent State 45-3 and I think y’all are better than Letterman U.

They struggled a bit against South Carolina which makes me worry about our trip to Columbia.

I think we got ~$1.8 million a couple years ago when we played them. Not sure what it is for this game.
09-23-2023 01:18 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

We gave Georgia southern a game. You cannot watch those two games and say they were anywhere near the same. Also, we haven’t been set back anything yet. Let’s give Dilfer more than five minutes before we jump off the ledge. I’d also like to see you name thrown out there for vacant coaching positions since you seem to know more than every single one of them. I assume you’ll give us a hell of a discount and a ten win season yearly.
09-23-2023 01:33 PM
Advertisement

UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

You’ve got two weeks to come up with an explanation as to why UAB at home vs USF is on its way to a 5th straight loss. Don’t justify it by saying, “well, USF hung with (quarterbackless) bama(in the rain)”

Honestly. You all griped that Dilfer was hired over the two main candidates. I was completely fine with interviewing Tyson Helton. That was the best candidate of the 4.

I’m not going to pretend that I’m ok with how we look or that damn near every position was filled with a quality control assistant.

For the past decade I’ve been on & off this board. Y’all have used the “if you can coach better, then do it” every time the slightest criticism is given. Screams mediocrity.

The AD needs to know that what the majority of our sports look like right now is unacceptable.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023 02:02 PM by UABFAN23.)
09-23-2023 01:58 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(09-23-2023 01:18 PM)Frank Grimes Wrote:  
(09-23-2023 11:20 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  They beat Kent State 45-3 and I think y’all are better than Letterman U.

I think we got ~$1.8 million a couple years ago when we played them. Not sure what it is for this game.

$1.9 million this time.

Do we get to hang a banner for Fiskul Sponsbilltee?
09-23-2023 02:15 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(09-23-2023 01:58 PM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  You’ve got two weeks to come up with an explanation as to why UAB at home vs USF is on its way to a 5th straight loss. Don’t justify it by saying, “well, USF hung with (quarterbackless) bama(in the rain)”

Honestly. You all griped that Dilfer was hired over the two main candidates. I was completely fine with interviewing Tyson Helton. That was the best candidate of the 4.

I’m not going to pretend that I’m ok with how we look or that damn near every position was filled with a quality control assistant.

For the past decade I’ve been on & off this board. Y’all have used the “if you can coach better, then do it” every time the slightest criticism is given. Screams mediocrity.

The AD needs to know that what the majority of our sports look like right now is unacceptable.

we completely change the offense and the defense ,,,,we have one of the best recruiting class in uab history but they are freshman ,,coach will learn that UAB need juco ,present look terrible ,,,we got potential for the FUTURE
09-23-2023 02:20 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(09-23-2023 01:58 PM)UABFAN23 Wrote:  You’ve got two weeks to come up with an explanation as to why UAB at home vs USF is on its way to a 5th straight loss. Don’t justify it by saying, “well, USF hung with (quarterbackless) bama(in the rain)”

Yup. It's really bad. Outside of men's basketball, we aren't competitive in any team sport right now. A lot of $ has been spent on facilities without much of a return in wins or attendance. With AK as the exception, Ingram's coaching hires have been flops. He sucks and needs to go.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2023 02:34 PM by BlazerGreen.)
09-23-2023 02:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.