UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB/BJCC to bring unique urban tailgating to City Walk BHAM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
UAB/BJCC to bring unique urban tailgating to City Walk BHAM
https://www.uab.edu/news/campus/item/137...A3z_rpdhvQ

Quote:The University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex have reached a new licensing agreement for Protective Stadium and City Walk BHAM, creating a future unique urban tailgating experience for Blazer fans.

The agreement was approved Friday, Sept. 1, by the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees.

UAB Athletics plans to expand its tailgating and parking options beyond the Protective Stadium Complex to include City Walk BHAM for future use. As part of the agreement, UAB will have the opportunity to sell season tailgating and parking spots throughout the Protective Stadium Complex and City Walk BHAM starting in the 2024 football season.

“There are a lot of exciting things happening for UAB Football and our fans, and we continue to look for ways to enhance the game day experience as we begin to compete in the American Athletic Conference,” said UAB Director of Athletics Mark Ingram. “UAB Football already offers an exciting atmosphere in and around Protective Stadium, and adding City Walk to tailgating will take celebrating Blazer home games to the next level.”

City Walk BHAM, which opened just ahead of The World Games in 2022 is a project of the Alabama Department of Transportation and is operated and managed by the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex.

“The Alabama Department of Transportation truly created something special for the City of Birmingham when it conceived City Walk BHAM,” said BJCC Executive Director and CEO Tad Snider. “We look forward to working with UAB Football to leverage City Walk BHAM and add a unique element to the gameday experience.”
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2023 04:12 PM by blazerblazer.)
09-06-2023 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: UAB/BJCC to bring unique urban tailgating to City Walk BHAM
Fantastic!
09-06-2023 04:20 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Hoping that means UAB can set some more of the rules and it isn't as crazy stupid as the BJCC's first attempt at CityWalk tailgating (which was a joke):

https://csnbbs.com/thread-955490.html
09-06-2023 04:56 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Progress!
09-06-2023 05:42 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
But beer is still too expensive.
09-06-2023 06:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Screw'em. They want $15 for a beer? I can get a four pack of Dragon's Milk for $16, drink much better beer, and have a running start on being lit up after two of them.
09-06-2023 09:14 PM
Slushey51 Offline
Bench Warmer

I feel like our games are gonna be roudier than ever. Everyone is gonna get sloshed before the games now.
09-06-2023 10:12 PM
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(09-06-2023 10:12 PM)Slushey51 Wrote:  I feel like our games are gonna be roudier than ever. Everyone is gonna get sloshed before the games now.

People needed to be sloshed under McGee (big losses) and some of the time under Clark (100+ yards in penalties as a routine with a mundane offense). I want to stay sober for the current games.
09-07-2023 05:02 AM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
I'm not sure it is fantastic or progress.

UAB will likely unilaterally make poorly thought out plans and decisions without considering the thoughts of stake holders like they always do.
09-07-2023 10:53 AM
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-07-2023 10:53 AM)blazerjay Wrote:  I'm not sure it is fantastic or progress.

UAB will likely unilaterally make poorly thought out plans and decisions without considering the thoughts of stake holders like they always do.

[Image: 1193bf6e83cf88c15f91083d4178400e.jpg]
09-07-2023 11:21 AM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
Call it what you want. My statement is based upon years of experience of having to jump on them to get not thought out plans fixed/corrected.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023 03:37 PM by blazerjay.)
09-07-2023 03:35 PM
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(09-07-2023 03:35 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  Call it what you want. My statement is based upon years of experience of having to jump on them to get not thought out plans fixed/corrected.

I am just messing, i have been a fan since the Watson days, so I have seen it all
09-07-2023 03:41 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
I take this to mean that the spots under the overpass will be sold/managed by us not BJCC but still have the silly/stupid rules the BJCC forces on all tailgating. [blue font on] Glad the BOT was thinking about us when they approved it [blue font off]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2023 07:31 PM by blazerjay.)
09-08-2023 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.