Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 12 adding 1-3 more, is your team in?
Bookmark and Share
HerdFanGuest Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
Big 12 adding 1-3 more, is your team in?
As reported, the Big12 is looking to poach more Pac12 schools. If not, they'll look to the G5. Leading candidates don't look like they're looking at the Belt. However, if the Colorado move really shakes things up, how likely are any of our teams able to make the change?

(Discuss and I'll be back in a year to reply)
07-28-2023 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

seaking4steel Offline
1st String

I Root For: Penn St, App St
RE: Big 12 adding 1-3 more, is your team in?
(07-28-2023 08:58 AM)HerdFanGuest Wrote:  As reported, the Big12 is looking to poach more Pac12 schools. If not, they'll look to the G5. Leading candidates don't look like they're looking at the Belt. However, if the Colorado move really shakes things up, how likely are any of our teams able to make the change?

[Image: someday-spongebob.gif]
07-28-2023 09:35 AM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
I can’t fathom the 12 not getting their primary targets. The Pac is literally falling apart, and anyone who leaves now can’t even be penalized with forfeiting future media rights income because currently, there is none.

It’s mind-boggling how a P5 conference allowed itself to become this weakened. They’re reaching CUSA 2021 status.
07-28-2023 09:36 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-28-2023 09:36 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I can’t fathom the 12 not getting their primary targets. The Pac is literally falling apart, and anyone who leaves now can’t even be penalized with forfeiting future media rights income because currently, there is none.

It’s mind-boggling how a P5 conference allowed itself to become this weakened. They’re reaching CUSA 2021 status.

I saw a report on a mainstream news network (can't remember which one) that the PAC has zero exit fees. If I were an Arizona, Arizona St or Utah administrator I'd be getting happy feet and moving on out any day unless I knew for sure Oregon and Washington won't leave for the Big 10 and the media deal was at least equal.
07-28-2023 10:12 AM
NewfieHerdFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marshall
At the moment, it looks like Arizona is the best candidate for joining the Big 12. Even though the Big 12 commissioner is pushing UConn, the presidents are more football-oriented and probably don't want to "invest" in the Huskies and endure the waiting game to see if they played their cards right.

The Oregon and Washington situation is still interesting. Will the BIG 10 finally grab them or will they still play the waiting game, leaving the two teams to consider possibly joining the Big 12?

Nevertheless, the PAC 12 will have to reload and it seems MWC and AAC teams will be their targets. Most reports are saying SMU from the AAC will be chosen. Maybe Tulane and/or Rice. If 1-3 leave from the AAC, what then? Would the AAC try to shoot for Georgia State Old Dominion and Texas State from the SBC?

As far as the MWC, can San Diego State realistically pony up $34 million in exit fees to leave for the "new" PAC-12? And if the AAC tries to go for a MWC team or two, would those teams pay that amount of money to leave the MWC for the AAC (if that amount is applicable to all teams who attempt to leave)?
07-28-2023 10:50 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(07-28-2023 10:50 AM)NewfieHerdFan Wrote:  At the moment, it looks like Arizona is the best candidate for joining the Big 12. Even though the Big 12 commissioner is pushing UConn, the presidents are more football-oriented and probably don't want to "invest" in the Huskies and endure the waiting game to see if they played their cards right.

The Oregon and Washington situation is still interesting. Will the BIG 10 finally grab them or will they still play the waiting game, leaving the two teams to consider possibly joining the Big 12?

Nevertheless, the PAC 12 will have to reload and it seems MWC and AAC teams will be their targets. Most reports are saying SMU from the AAC will be chosen. Maybe Tulane and/or Rice. If 1-3 leave from the AAC, what then? Would the AAC try to shoot for Georgia State Old Dominion and Texas State from the SBC?

As far as the MWC, can San Diego State realistically pony up $34 million in exit fees to leave for the "new" PAC-12? And if the AAC tries to go for a MWC team or two, would those teams pay that amount of money to leave the MWC for the AAC (if that amount is applicable to all teams who attempt to leave)?

i wonder if the networks are purposely lowballing and stonewalling the Pac to make it fall apart.

No network wants to pay the current rate for a Big10/SEC add and on top of that pay another conference at ACC/Big12 rate.

but if the Pac dissolves, or is weakened so bad that it is effectively at a G5 rate......boom! there is the money to pay an Oregon/Washington to the B10 at the same rate as the current members.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2023 11:03 AM by Duke Dawg.)
07-28-2023 11:03 AM
Advertisement

AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Kinda funny the two schools (Cal & Stanford) who poo-poo'd the PAC expanding by taking some Big 12 schools a while back aren't mentioned in any post PAC discussion.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2023 11:59 AM by AppManDG.)
07-28-2023 11:57 AM
Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(07-28-2023 08:58 AM)HerdFanGuest Wrote:  As reported, the Big12 is looking to poach more Pac12 schools. If not, they'll look to the G5. Leading candidates don't look like they're looking at the Belt. However, if the Colorado move really shakes things up, how likely are any of our teams able to make the change?

Link please.
07-28-2023 12:06 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
There is no SBC school in contention for the Big XII at the moment.

If GAST had ascended like UCF they might could have a shot being in Atlanta.
07-28-2023 12:36 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
There are no G5 schools in contention for a B12 invite anymore.

Once USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, and Stanford all leave for the B10, the rest of the P12 will be absorbed by the B12. That's the plan. Someone pull this thread up a year from now. You're welcome.

P12 is done.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2023 01:11 PM by TTT.)
07-28-2023 01:11 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
USF super fans have been pimping their school on Twitter hard.

They are getting made fun of pretty good... mainly because they went from being partners with UCF, to now Florida Atlantic.
07-28-2023 01:55 PM
Advertisement

FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss

We're all in line behind the recent FCS callup Jackson (AL) State GameKats.
07-28-2023 02:18 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
(07-28-2023 01:11 PM)TTT Wrote:  There are no G5 schools in contention for a B12 invite anymore.

Once USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, and Stanford all leave for the B10, the rest of the P12 will be absorbed by the B12. That's the plan. Someone pull this thread up a year from now. You're welcome.

P12 is done.

Better yet...just pull up this thread in 7 days 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
08-04-2023 02:04 PM
Johnnychimpo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST, G5, TTU sometimes
(07-28-2023 02:18 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

It’s all fun and games to throw shade at a school in nowhere Jax but to be fair they have had more on field (football) success in the last 10 years than at least 2 SBC schools have had in their entire football history. Yep, that’s at a minimum at least includes TXST.
08-04-2023 05:50 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
No G5 schools are being considered for the Big 12 considering they can just take from the PAC 12. If they could go back they might even drop some of what they took from the AAC. The PAC 12 if it survives might raid the AAC. But, there isn't any school in the Sun Belt they would want. Just no one with the Big city plus amazing Academics, prestige, and really bad athletic programs that they would like enough.
08-04-2023 06:06 PM
Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
(08-04-2023 05:50 PM)Johnnychimpo Wrote:  
(07-28-2023 02:18 PM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  

It’s all fun and games to throw shade at a school in nowhere Jax but to be fair they have had more on field (football) success in the last 10 years than at least 2 SBC schools have had in their entire football history. Yep, that’s at a minimum at least includes TXST.

This is a message board this is no place for being kind and humble.

We’re in a much better place than they are. People at least know what state we are in when they hear Texas State. Half the time no one knows the difference between Jackson state, Jacksonville state, and Jacksonville Florida.
08-04-2023 06:08 PM
Advertisement

Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
Nah my bobcats aren’t in the running for the Big12. We respectfully declined. We’re waiting for our BIG invite to be travel partners with Aggie when they get tired of sharing a conference with UT again. Practically a guaranteed Auto-bid in baseball every year.
08-04-2023 06:11 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
App and Arkansas State sent applications in simply referring to ourselves as "ASU" Mayble if someone at the Big 12 offices isn't paying attention, we could get an invite.
08-04-2023 06:17 PM
usmjournalism Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
Big XII officially added Arizona, Arizona St and Utah. Now at 16 members. Doubt they are adding anyone else. https://big12sports.com/news/2023/8/4/bi...-utah.aspx
08-04-2023 08:49 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(07-28-2023 12:36 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  There is no SBC school in contention for the Big XII at the moment.

If GAST had ascended like UCF they might could have a shot being in Atlanta.

Well UCF has been playing football since the 70’s so Georgia State still has about 40 years to go
08-04-2023 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.