Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hunger Games 2.0 Troll Edition Official Simulation thread
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Hunger Games 2.0 Troll Edition Official Simulation thread
A reminder of our Tributes, so graciously elected by the dear membership of this forum.

All4One
WingedEagle
Dirty Myrtle
Dawgxas
FrankyP
MonarchPride
Hart Foundation
GemoftheHills
JackedUp
sstaedler
ghostofclt
Ragu
correcamino
Tanqtonic
DigsWin1
Jones682
Pessik
Miami OH Yeah
SammyH
Joey D
Always Sunny
Mturn017
Razor Ramon
Heywood Jablome

The early read on the games is quite favorable. After the Troy alliance dominated the last games, Alliances could be very important. However, given the nature of the chosen tributes for these games, we're not sure anyone is actually going to align with each other. Imagine FrankyP and All4One in an alliance, they'd probably kill each other metaphorically in 2 minutes flat

The following sims include a metaphorical fight to the death, to answer the important SBCbbs Question. Which Troll is the King of the Trolls? FInd out shortly

The success of December's games promises to bring added bloodshed this time around.

Pointedly, the gamemakers have chosen that rather than needing a large island to house the arena, these games should be a spectacle, and have thus errected large stands surrounding the arena so all can watch the excitement. Supposedly this was done in the very first Hunter Games, and I'm sure nothing could go wrong at all.

SlyCat and GDunn have turned up for the proceedings to watch. Slycat has a knife from his last venture into the games that appears to still have the blood of his enemies stained on it. GDunn has a pile of bricks, but hey, they let Tennessee fans bring golf balls and mustard into Neyland Stadium, so a few bricks couldn't hurt anyone

"A Gigantic brick misses All4One's head by inches"

Ummm...Anyway, can we start now?

OOOKAY. Our tributes stand on their pads ready to go. A pile of Weapons awaits in the center equidistant from each of them. A Tunnel under the large stands seems to imply their is an underground stand, and to the right, there's a creek with what looks like a field of carrots. A rabbit pokes his head up, grabs a carrot and scampers away I'm sure the carrots aren't a metaphor for anything at all though.

"Welcome Tributes to the 2nd annual SBC Hunger Games" boom's Keith Gill's magnified voice." As the best of our trolls, I expect the best out of each of you.

"I object your honor" shouts Tanqtonic from a distance. We were thrown into these metaphorical games against our will, that violates our constitutional right to freedom to live, and according to the CUSA ByLaws, that means you have to pay us an exit fee."

"Overruled shouts the commisioner" Let the games begin!

The countdown starts, the gong sounds, and we are off.
07-17-2023 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Hunger Games 2.0 Troll Edition Official Simulation thread
[Image: IMG-6284.gif]
07-17-2023 05:14 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Roughly half the tributes immediately leave their pedestal's and run toward the center. As if he's been planning for this moment for years, All4One races to grab a backpack and spear, and then races off under the stands into the tunnels dodging a couple bricks on his way down.

FrankyP grabs a knife and looks immediately for DirtyMyrtle, only to find he scampered off towards the field of carrots without grabbing any weapons. But hey, free...uhh food, YEAH, that's it. Food.

Tanqtonic, GhostofCLT, and sstaedler have apparently formed an early alliance and have chosen to share supplies. AlwaysSunny sneaks up behind them and grabs a backpack with rope and heads for the tunnels. He dodges a couple bricks and what looks like an Apple on his way down. OsageJ has joined the stands and brought enough food to share with the class.

MTurn017 and Hart Foundation combine to form the most unexpected alliance in history. They each grab weapons and start to head towards the field of carrots, when they notice JackedUp and GemoftheHills quietly trying to hide in a bush. Without a second glance, MTurn017 shoots an arrow into the bush, straight into JackedUp's heart. GemoftheHills turns to run, but a knife from HartFoundation lands swiftly in his back. Both Jacksonville State trollbutes are down in 2 minutes flat.

"Nice shooting, comments Hart. How'd you get in the troll games anyway?" "Beats Me, shrugs MTurn017. "I had been practicing for the next SBC games and suddenly got voted a troll, but hey, always down to shoot at an arrow at anyone" "Just hope you can shoot better than your basketball team could" comments Hart. He gets a glare from MTurn as they head into the field of carrots.

DogsWin1 and MiamiOhYeah have grabbed bows themselves and headed off for the tunnels. DogsWin is momentarily smacked by an apple, but survives to make it down.

JoeyD still stands on his pedastal, confused as to what to do. He mutters something about not having a Villanova fan to align with, but grabs a shovel and heads for the carrots anyway.

Pessik has found a bottle of Alcohol, he ignores the lighter and rag attached to the alcohol. Takes a swig, and runs for the Tunnels. The crowd in the stands let him pass as CatMom has arrived and is telling a story about her hummingbirds.

Dawgxas is the last to leave the cornucopia, dodging a knife thrown from sstaedler, and runs for the Carrots. The remaining pack alliance, gets the rest of the resources for themselves, and excitedly prepares for a battle to begin.

22 Remain. Join us tomorrow for the continuation of Day 1.
07-17-2023 05:23 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
The funniest part of that was as all this Hunger Games carnage was starting CatMom pops up to discuss hummingbirds. She is trolling the trolls. Lol
07-17-2023 05:42 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Good start. I never figured Jacksonville St had any staying power.
07-17-2023 06:01 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Got my popcorn (and knife) ready
07-17-2023 08:24 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Nice.
07-18-2023 06:29 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

[Image: 6a00d8345295c269e2014e5f2885b3970c-800wi.jpg]
07-18-2023 07:44 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(07-18-2023 07:44 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  [Image: 6a00d8345295c269e2014e5f2885b3970c-800wi.jpg]

I'll sell ya a brick...
07-18-2023 07:58 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I got food but it will cost ya.
07-18-2023 08:53 AM
chiefsfan Offline

When in the course of Human Events it becomes necessary to wonder how our tributes gain access to things that they should definitely not be playing with.

For instance, never leave a Hatchet lying around for a Coastal Carolina fan. Ragu briefly leaves his Hatchet on the ground to look at rabbits, only to return and find it gone, with Dirty Myrtle sprinting away cackling. I mean, Ragu, what are you doing!?!?

Meanwhile...in the tunnels. Miami Oh Yeah has gotten his hands on some dynamite.
No one is quite sure what he plans to do with it, but I'm quite sure he certainly doesn't need to be playing with it. He quietly leaves the tunnels and heads for the fields. He thought about setting it off below the stands, but SlyCat is up there with a knife, and God bless these poor people's souls if an explosion accidentally pushed him into the arena. These games are supposed to last a week!

Plus, it might ruin CatMom's story about the Hummingbirds.

Down in the tunnels, All4One has found an axe, and has settled himself into a corner, ready to strike at the first poor soul who walks by.

RazorRamon and HeywoodJablowme have formed an alliance, as has JoeyD and SammyH. On another end of the arena, MonarchPride has run into HartFoundation and Mturn017 and the three decide to be allies for the early part of the games.

Meanwhile AlwaysSunny has cornered FrankyP. He's not armed mind you, but he does appear to be attempting to bore Franky to death. He's continuing to discuss future realignment, and how UL athletics probably should join CUSA to save themselves because there's no chance the SBC lasts. Its a thrilling tale. "And then, you could be rivals with La Tech again, and sure they'll probably beat you the first 15 times as they are clearly the better program, but you'll catch up. You might beat Kennesaw State once or twice" At that moment, he raises his arms to gesticulate wildly, when a hatchet flings out from behind a tree and slices his right arm clean off. Dirty Myrtle steps out from behind the tree. He stares at FrankyP, looks down at AlwaysSunny sputtering holding his severed arm, and mutters "Darn, I missed"

"Franky and DirtyMyrtle stare at each other intently for a minute, both ready to go for the kill, but at that moment a loud explosion occurs in the distance, throwing both tributes away from each other. They both sprint and turn in opposite directions, leaving Always Sunny laying there, slowly bleeding out.

About that explosion. MiamiOHYeah certainly doesn't need to be playing with dynamite. Not too far from where Franky and DirtyMyrtle were having a stare down, Miami had wandered across a small hut in the clearing, TangToniq and Dogswin1 had been working feverishly on that hut. Unfortunately, they had also decided it was a good time for a nap. While they dreamed off exit fees and court hearings, MiamiOhYeah crept up, lit the fuse on the Dynamite, and tossed it into the hut. Both Dogswin1 and Tangtoniq woke up at the sound, but it was too late, by the time they thought about getting up, everyting around them exploded. 2 quick cannon sounds mark their end. In the stands, GDunn lets out a small roar of approval. MAC on CUSA violence is always encouraged in these games.

In the distance, Pessik hears the sound of the explosion and retreats further into the tunnel. Farther and Farther he retreats, until the turns a corner, and WHAM. An axe hits him square in the back. Slowly, All4One comes out from the shadows, and stares down at his victim. A slow smile creeps on his face.

18 remain.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2023 09:35 PM by chiefsfan.)
07-18-2023 09:31 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

A rather slow night began in the games after a wild day ended up with an explosion and the deaths of 6 tributes. HeywoodJablowMe and Razor Ramon who had been quiet to this point in the games, agreed to form an alliance in the middle of the Night.

All4One continued to haunt the tunnels, and found himself another stick of dynamite. Seriously, I don't know why the builders left so much dynamite for these people. He continues to stalk the tunnels, looking for an opportunity to kill.

The one person who has continued to roam the arena is Dirty Myrtle. His quest to kill FrankyP once and for all ended yesterday with an explosion forcing the two tributes away from each other. FrankyP has settled himself into the field of carrots for a light lunch. A rabbit scampers nearby and stops and stares at him for a minute, they strangely lock eyes for a bit, but the rabbit gives up and runs off.

Meanwhile, Dirty Myrtle's stalking of the arena has found him another victim. Monarch Pride has been moving through the arena, but not quietly enough. Seeing his chance, Dirty Myrtle pounces on the unsuspecting Monarch Pride. WIth his prey on the ground, Dirty Myrtle takes his chance "WHERE IS FRANKY?!!!!" He screams "WHERE IS HE!!!!!!!" I KNOW YOU ALIGN WITH HIM!!!!! Confused Monarch Pride screams I don't know! in respose, but Dirty Myrtle isn't stopping. "I AM GOING TO MAKE EVERY SINGLE LIVING THING IN THIS ARENA PAY FOR HIDING FRANKY FROM ME. STARTING WITH YOU! YOU WILL PAY FOR SIDING WITH ULALA THIS SEASON"

"Wait, this is about that 2020 Sun Belt Championship you guys lost, righ" But his next word never formed as Dirty Myrtle screamed in anger and swung the hatchet into Monarch Prides throat, and he moved no more Pausing only to wipe the blood from his hatchet, taking deep breaths, Dirty Myrtle stands up and begins prowling the arena some more.

"A Man after my own heart, I love a good serial killer when I see one" bemuses Slycat in the stands. The remainder of the audience stares at him blankly. "err...Metaphorically speaking" Slycat finishes when he notices the eyes watching him.

Meanwhile Mturn and Hart Foundation continue to prowl the arena together in the World's most unlikely alliance. They visit together about how rare a JMU/ODU allinace is, and how Mturn isn't really a troll, when in a flash, Mturn shoots an arrow at a moving figure. gasping and stumbling, Jones682 falls to the ground, wounded. "Please don't, he stutters." "let me work with you. Don't kill me" "Oh, I'm not going to kill you" Mturn replies. And for a second Jones682 looks relieved. "But I will" says Hart Foundation, and he stabs Jones in the chest, finishing him off once and for all. The two steal his gear, and continue to move through the arena.

Meanwhile in the field of carrots, WingedEagle sneaks up on a lunching FrankyP. He raises his spear for the final blow to the back, when Franky slowly says, "I wouldn't do that if I was you!" WingedEagle freezes. "Why not" he says. "My friends wouldn't like it" Franky replies calmly. WingedEagle looks around confused, and then he sees it. A single rabbit staring at him a few feet away. He laughs, "How is a rabbit going to hurt me!" He raises his pear again for the kill, but then the one rabbit becomes two rabbits, and two become four, and suddenly over 100 rabbits appear on all sides of WingedEagle. They charge at him from all directions. Biting and clawing at every inch of winged Eagle they could get. He stumbles and falls, and is instantly mauled by the horde of rabbits, who eat until their heart is content, and then carry the remains away to feed their young. "Thanks friends" Says Frankly calmly. Never turning around. "Do me a favor and find Dirty Myrtle for me" Instantly a single rabbit appears in front of him, and appears to wink, and the horde scampers off, loose into the arena. Chasing their master's enemy.

15 remain.
07-19-2023 10:53 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Hey Chief, I think you usually sit pretty close to me in the Vault....think I might pay a bit more attention to where. Other than that...cool.
07-20-2023 07:11 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Always love the storyline you create around the generated data.
07-20-2023 07:13 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

[Image: Ready-Dimwitted-Arawana-max-1mb.gif]

Nice
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 08:17 AM by mturn017.)
07-20-2023 08:17 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-20-2023 07:11 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  Hey Chief, I think you usually sit pretty close to me in the Vault....think I might pay a bit more attention to where. Other than that...cool.

I used to. I don't have those seats anymore. I swapped out my foortball for basketball tickets this year. I know I'll miss a couple football games, and won't have any issue getting single game tickets.
07-20-2023 08:44 AM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(07-20-2023 07:13 AM)slycat Wrote:  Always love the storyline you create around the generated data.

So chief, do you actually use a simulator of some sort to see who dies? I assumed you were just making it all up.

Either way, thanks for the summertime entertainment.

04-cheers
07-20-2023 09:03 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(07-20-2023 09:03 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 07:13 AM)slycat Wrote:  Always love the storyline you create around the generated data.

So chief, do you actually use a simulator of some sort to see who dies? I assumed you were just making it all up.

04-cheers

A mixture of both. I run a simulator to handle the order in which people are killed off. Things like a field of carrots and vicious man eating rabbits are my own creation. I use inspiration from things that appear on the board over time to come up with those.

There are changes that get made though. If you run a sim, its not going to come up with vicious rabbits for you. I have to add it into the sim as a 25th tribute and just ignore the funky stuff like "Vicious rabbits finds a knife and backpack in the cornucopia"

Yesterday's sim for example was

"All4One finds dynamite"
"Hart Foundation stabs Jones with a knife"
"Dirty Myrtle kills Monarch Pride with a Hatchet"
"FrankyP befriends Vicious rabbits"
"Vicious Rabbits kills WingedEagle"

The story lines I completely made up.
07-20-2023 09:22 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(07-20-2023 09:22 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 09:03 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  

04-cheers

A mixture of both. I run a simulator to handle the order in which people are killed off. Things like a field of carrots and vicious man eating rabbits are my own creation. I use inspiration from things that appear on the board over time to come up with those.

There are changes that get made though. If you run a sim, its not going to come up with vicious rabbits for you. I have to add it into the sim as a 25th tribute and just ignore the funky stuff like "Vicious rabbits finds a knife and backpack in the cornucopia"

Yesterday's sim for example was

"All4One finds dynamite"
"Hart Foundation stabs Jones with a knife"
"Dirty Myrtle kills Monarch Pride with a Hatchet"
"FrankyP befriends Vicious rabbits"
"Vicious Rabbits kills WingedEagle"

The story lines I completely made up.

That's pretty cool. I'm eagerly awaiting reading of my demise.
07-20-2023 09:42 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Prediction: Clt dies and is revealed to be an automaton controlled by WaveFan (or whatever that guy's name is) in a mountain cave.

All4One
WingedEagle
Dirty Myrtle
Dawgxas
FrankyP
MonarchPride
Hart Foundation
GemoftheHills
JackedUp
sstaedler
ghostofclt
Ragu
correcamino
Tanqtonic
DigsWin1
Jones682
Pessik
Miami OH Yeah
SammyH
Joey D
Always Sunny
Mturn017
Razor Ramon
Heywood Jablome
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 09:58 AM by EigenEagle.)
07-20-2023 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.