Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

While we wait. Start a league to challenge the Big12 & PAC12 to force their hand
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
While we wait. Start a league to challenge the Big12 & PAC12 to force their hand
Could you get behind this conference? I don’t know all the intricacies of how the Olympic sports would play into this. But I do know I’ve seen SEC schools Olympic sports in lower tier leagues like the Sun Belt and CUSA. Not sure I’d relish having the military basketball teams. So backfill them with the Zags, Saint Mary’s, VCU, St. Louis and the shockers. This league would be a hell of a Conference in my opinion with a lot of upside. The games would be fun. It would be a merger of sorts of the best schools that are left from the MWC and AAC. You accomplish the coast to coast in every time zone that the Big12 wants. You also snatch up some teams that both leagues would want. In any given year this conference would be as good or better than the PAC 12 or Big 12

Sit still as a league and wait for other schools to demonstrate long term success and commitment. No knee jerk additions like the ones that are coming into the AAC now.

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State
07-04-2023 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: While we wait. Start a league to challenge the Big12 & PAC12 to force their hand
No. First it isn't going to happen. Second, you left us out. Oh I can't wait for you guys to roll into Protective.... Keep dreaming though.
07-04-2023 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rook360 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: While we wait. Start a league to challenge the Big12 & PAC12 to force their hand
(07-04-2023 08:01 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Could you get behind this conference? I don’t know all the intricacies of how the Olympic sports would play into this. But I do know I’ve seen SEC schools Olympic sports in lower tier leagues like the Sun Belt and CUSA. Not sure I’d relish having the military basketball teams. So backfill them with the Zags, Saint Mary’s, VCU, St. Louis and the shockers. This league would be a hell of a Conference in my opinion with a lot of upside. The games would be fun. It would be a merger of sorts of the best schools that are left from the MWC and AAC. You accomplish the coast to coast in every time zone that the Big12 wants. You also snatch up some teams that both leagues would want. In any given year this conference would be as good or better than the PAC 12 or Big 12

Sit still as a league and wait for other schools to demonstrate long term success and commitment. No knee jerk additions like the ones that are coming into the AAC now.

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

So where's UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Rice, and CLT?
Ooooh, they were left out of this mock league like Memphis was left out the Big 12.
07-04-2023 09:19 AM
40smokingcannon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: barbECUe
(07-04-2023 09:19 AM)rook360 Wrote:  
(07-04-2023 08:01 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Could you get behind this conference? I don’t know all the intricacies of how the Olympic sports would play into this. But I do know I’ve seen SEC schools Olympic sports in lower tier leagues like the Sun Belt and CUSA. Not sure I’d relish having the military basketball teams. So backfill them with the Zags, Saint Mary’s, VCU, St. Louis and the shockers. This league would be a hell of a Conference in my opinion with a lot of upside. The games would be fun. It would be a merger of sorts of the best schools that are left from the MWC and AAC. You accomplish the coast to coast in every time zone that the Big12 wants. You also snatch up some teams that both leagues would want. In any given year this conference would be as good or better than the PAC 12 or Big 12

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Ooooh, they were left out of this mock league like Memphis was left out the Big 12.

God. Damn. 01-ncaabbs
07-04-2023 09:21 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-04-2023 09:21 AM)40smokingcannon Wrote:  

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

God. Damn. 01-ncaabbs

Memphis went from full of promise to a shiteshow faster than any school ive ever seen. They pissed off alums, got in bed with the idiots that run the city (again), kept an idiot as football coach because frick it we arent 2-11, and still still believe basketball matters. Memphis is on a fast track to nowhere. Probably should drop back to d1-aa. Memphis should be thanking everyone tor letting them stay in the league. Idiots. Im disgusted.

I doubt there is one single alum left on thr .org board, just sidewalker mouthbreathers that have the answers

Oh an the the NIL bullshite. No frickin way im giving a dime to those mercenaries.

[Image: hallelujah-holy-****.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023 09:37 AM by shere khan.)
07-04-2023 09:33 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
By golly, that conference will bring the B1G to it's knees.
07-04-2023 09:47 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Yankee Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

You're missing the whole premise of his point. He's picking teams that have been mentioned/rumored for expansion to the PAC and the B12 to force those conference's hand.

Has UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Rice, and CLT been mentioned for those two conferences since 2016?

I would have added ECU in there, but when you've got that many teams listed it's easy to miss a team or two.
07-04-2023 09:50 AM
Memphis Yankee Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-04-2023 09:47 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  By golly, that conference will bring the B1G to it's knees.

You're missing the point too. Not really news though. It's about trying to force the B12 and the Pac12 to make a move. What's the B10 have to do with it.
07-04-2023 09:54 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-04-2023 09:50 AM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

You're missing the whole premise of his point. He's picking teams that have been mentioned/rumored for expansion to the PAC and the B12 to force those conference's hand.

Has UTSA, UAB, FAU, UNT, Rice, and CLT been mentioned for those two conferences since 2016?

I would have added ECU in there, but when you've got that many teams listed it's easy to miss a team or two.

clt says Charlotte was mentioned for the SEC a few years ago, but not the pac or big
07-04-2023 11:40 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(07-04-2023 09:50 AM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

East Carolina if Army won’t come on board?
07-04-2023 11:43 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
Why does this thread even exist?

The G5s aren't going to do anything or go anywhere. All of us are going to sit trying to figure out what the special sauce is that will get us 'the call'. For some there is literally NOTHING they can ever do that will get them in a P5 - take Southern Miss for example. If you aren't already IN no schools in a city the size of Hattiesburg are EVER getting in.

Some of it is geography - like being in the state of Florida for example or being in a market that the P5 wants / needs to be in. Some of it is political - like with Houston this time around. The B12 already dominated that market recruiting, TV, and otherwise.

There are exactly ZERO G5 schools that will not accept an invitation to any P5 conference.

If the Big12 invited UAB they would accept - immediately.
07-04-2023 11:56 AM
Advertisement

BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

Everything you said is right. But that doesn’t take away from the idea of this thread either.
07-04-2023 11:59 AM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
It looks like Memphis just wants to join the MWC
07-04-2023 12:21 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas

Football Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
USF
SMU
Tulane
Navy
Army

Western Division
Air Force
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

Basketball Side

Eastern Division
Memphis
Wichita State
SMU
South Florida
Tulane
St. Louis
VCU

Western Division

Gonzaga
Saint Mary’s
Boise State
Colorado State
UNLV
San Diego State
Utah State

No. There is no way as a UNT fan that I could get behind this conference.

This entire thread is a kneejerk reaction. I get that Memphis fans are mad they continue to get passed over by the Big12. It sucks too because Memphis fits the Big12's profile and geography. The only problem is that the Big12 isn't interested in adding more programs within their existing footprint. The Big12 is set on adding the scraps from the PAC and the ACC once the big dogs eat (SEC & B1G). Nothing will change that and it could take a decade to play out. But on the positive side, the AAC has a chance to follow the Big12's plan and become a stronger conference when the dust settles.

The P5 is dying, and the AAC has an opportunity to be a member of the Playoff-6 going forward. That is a much better position than AAC (including Memphis) has ever been in. There really is no need to dream of some new "airport meeting" conference, or hope to force a power conference's hand.
07-04-2023 12:27 PM
seurat92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: St Anthony's
Not only......Where is Temple in all that jazz?..... but.....
Not even brought up. Like......an afterthought that's not even thought of.
That's what life is like for the island of Temple in this conf.
Is diff than any other team in the AAC.
Not sure that is good or bad. One could take advantage of that situation.
Don't like it right now, however.

Oh...and btw....this whole idea is pie in the sky. Just to begin with you wont even get a sniff from the Zags. They are destined and have set their sights on a much bigger agenda.
You are correct tho....it would be a fun conf. Crazy, lol, but fun.
07-04-2023 12:29 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
This is the sports social media equivalent of small talk, conversations started out of boredom because we’re waiting for the next season to start, and contribute nothing towards anything of relevance.
07-04-2023 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
(07-04-2023 09:54 AM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
(07-04-2023 09:47 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  By golly, that conference will bring the B1G to it's knees.

You're missing the point too. Not really news though. It's about trying to force the B12 and the Pac12 to make a move. What's the B10 have to do with it.

Why would this force them to make a move? This makes no sense. Please explain.
07-04-2023 01:13 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I'm sure C-USA or the MWC would let you in if you are all that unhappy here.
07-04-2023 01:15 PM
mustangxc Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
I think a stronger merger would involve:

SMU
Memphis
Temple
USF
Navy
Tulane

San Diego State
Fresno State
Boise State
Colorado State
Air Force
UNLV
07-04-2023 01:27 PM
b2b Online
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
Lmao. Why would this stupidity force anybody's hand?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
07-04-2023 02:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.