10 Oct. Tue. @ Jax St.
17 Oct. Tue. - MTSU
24 Oct. Tue. @ WKU
04 Nov. Sat. - La. Tech
11 Nov. Sat. - ODU
18 Nov. Sat. - UMass
25 Nov. Sat. - UTEP

What are your early expectations?
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023 07:41 PM by army56mike.)
01-17-2023 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
RE: 2023 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
I’m gonna say 8-4 early on. We have a lot of questions to answer at QB. We need a dependable RB. We’ve got the whole learning curve of a new coaching staff and plays. Playing in a FBS conference will be tougher than we expect. I believe HCJC is more than capable to fill in, but HCHF was an offensive mastermind. The defense will need to keep moving forward. I think 8-4 would be a really good expectation, and won’t be surprised if we fall short of that.
01-17-2023 07:57 PM
Frontierman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty
(01-17-2023 07:57 PM)army56mike Wrote:  I’m gonna say 8-4 early on. We have a lot of questions to answer at QB. We need a dependable RB. We’ve got the whole learning curve of a new coaching staff and plays. Playing in a FBS conference will be tougher than we expect. I believe HCJC is more than capable to fill in, but HCHF was an offensive mastermind. The defense will need to keep moving forward. I think 8-4 would be a really good expectation, and won’t be surprised if we fall short of that.

You have a lot to catch up on apparently. Dae Dae Hunter is no longer in the portal and we have two P5 RB transfers along with a few additions at WR. With the offensive talent we currently have that side of the ball should improve next year. It remains to be seen how much growing pains we will have with a new offensive system. The real question mark is the defensive side of the ball. We've added some talent but still need a transfer or two at LB.

I'll come back to this thread in the summer once we have a better idea what the roster will look like before I predict a number of wins. I'll just say I'm cautiously optimistic.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2023 08:12 PM by Frontierman.)
01-17-2023 08:11 PM
army56mike Offline

Everything I have heard is that Dae Dae’s injury was substantial. There is no guarantee he will be the same running back as before. And I never assume just because you were on a P5 roster means you will excel at the G5 level on a good team. There is much left to be seen.

I agree about the defense.

Everything starts up front. I want very solid O and D lines and the rest will fall into place. Of course we need a good QB to direct it all.
01-17-2023 08:33 PM
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
The 5 day turn around from the Thursday to Tuesday game is going to be really tough with little time to prepare for the Tuesday nighter. ODU has got to have LU on their radar with recent victories by LU. I watched some of the MTU and WKU bowl games and they looked strong. And NMSU would love to beat LU again as LU used them as almost easy victories the first years of being indy. Their QB Pavio is the real deal. A throwback to a gritty, hard nosed, tough, in your face QB. No running out of bounds to avoid being hit by this kid. He is fun to watch.

I think 7-5 would be expected. 8-4 very good. And anything above that to be extremely good.

The mention about Hunter, and AM's comment of injury ring true. If Hunter can return to his quality of play, that would be outstanding. Caution needs to be implemented here thinking the transfer portal is the be all, end all. I'm guessing for every one successful transfer that proves significant, at least 2, 3 or more don't pan out.
01-17-2023 09:02 PM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
2023 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Initial thoughts.
No P5 games. No FCS games.
7 home games looks good.
5 mid week night games, 2 at home. (Mid week night games get old fast. I've been to MACtion games. It destroys attendance).
This schedule is generally a good setup for success. The 5 day game turnaround mid season is concerning.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2023 10:42 AM by WesternSkillet.)
01-18-2023 10:06 AM
Advertisement

Frontierman Offline
Bench Warmer

I doubt hunter will be able to take the same number of snaps as last year, at least early in the season. When he got injured last November, HCHF projected him to be out 6 months but google says it's closer to 9 months to be at 100%. Fortunately that's before training camp starts. Cooley out of wake forest has performed well enough at that level that I'm comfortable projecting him as a solid RB for us even if he wont be an impact player. Jointer didn't play as a freshman at Arkansas so I can understand taking a wait and see approach with him but if we would've recruited him out of high school he would've been our second best recruit of all time so the talent is certainly there. Of course louis has also been a solid RB for us. There may be a lot of question marks but that's the most talent we've ever had at that position and it's not very close.
01-18-2023 11:38 AM
Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, UF
ESPN dropped their SP+ rankings, per ASOR: https://www.aseaofred.com/espns-preseaso...ked-no-85/

If these metrics are correct, Liberty should be 11-1 come the end of the season. Obviously with a new coach, new system, & new conference, there are no guarantees, but this means we should have a good chance at playing on Dec 2nd!
02-15-2023 10:41 AM
Frontierman Offline
Bench Warmer

Upsets will happen but I'll be kind of disappointed if we aren't playing in the conference championship game this year.
02-15-2023 11:20 PM
army56mike Offline

(02-15-2023 11:20 PM)Frontierman Wrote:  Upsets will happen but I'll be kind of disappointed if we aren't playing in the conference championship game this year.

I’ll be kind of disappointed if we aren’t playing in the conference championship every year.
02-19-2023 10:33 PM
Frontierman Offline
Bench Warmer

That's fair but this is a thread about the 2023 season. The way I see it this should be our worst season under chadwell since he has to implement his system, doesn't have his own recruits that fit his system and barely had a chance to address weaknesses in the depth chart. If there is a season where we don't end up playing in the conference championship it will likely be this one. If we aren't playing for conference championships in a few years once chadwell has his own guys on the roster I will be very concerned/disappointed.
02-20-2023 01:49 PM
Advertisement

WesternSkillet Offline
All American

2023 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Does anyone know what type of D Chadwell will run at LU? I know the previous staff ran a 4-2-5.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
03-14-2023 09:07 AM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

2023 ESPN’S FOOTBALL POWER INDEX PROJECTS LIBERTY 97TH, WITH 8.1 WIN TOTAL.
ASOR: https://www.aseaofred.com/espns-football...win-total/

97. Liberty

88. Western Kentucky
101. Louisiana Tech
103. Buffalo (OOC)
112. Middle Tennessee
115. Old Dominion (OOC)
124. UTEP
125. Bowling Green (OOC)
129. FIU
130. New Mexico State
133. UMass (OOC)
Sam Houston (not ranked)
Jacksonville State (not ranked)
04-21-2023 10:20 AM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

(04-21-2023 10:20 AM)WesternSkillet Wrote:  2023 ESPN’S FOOTBALL POWER INDEX PROJECTS LIBERTY 97TH, WITH 8.1 WIN TOTAL.
ASOR: https://www.aseaofred.com/espns-football...win-total/

97. Liberty

88. Western Kentucky
101. Louisiana Tech
103. Buffalo (OOC)
112. Middle Tennessee
115. Old Dominion (OOC)
124. UTEP
125. Bowling Green (OOC)
129. FIU
130. New Mexico State
133. UMass (OOC)
Sam Houston (not ranked)
Jacksonville State (not ranked)

On paper using this index, this is a weaker schedule. Only one team is better than 100. It is hard to tell how good LU will be this season given the new coaching staff. The transfer portal also makes it harder to measure any given team including LU. Could be an exciting season.
04-21-2023 10:25 AM
Special Teams

After a ton of negative movement in the portal for Liberty, this past weekend paid dividends as four big targets who visited campus committed to play for the Flames this coming season!
05-02-2023 10:41 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
I’m going to say 10-2. I think you’ll split with MTSU and WKU. I think Buffalo is the other. I thought about ODU but it seems Liberty has had their number lately.
05-02-2023 11:38 AM
Advertisement

WesternSkillet Offline
All American

2023 Liberty Roster Upgrade or Downgrade
ASOR: https://www.aseaofred.com/libertys-roste...downgrade/

QB: Net impact to roster: Upgrade due to continuity, experience.
RB: Net impact to roster: Upgrade due to depth and top-end talent potential.
WR: Net impact to roster: Downgrade due to loss of Demario.
TE: Net impact to roster: Upgrade due to expected increased use of position.
OL: Net impact to roster: Undetermined.

DL: Net impact to roster: Downgrade due to the amount of lost production.
LB: Net impact to roster: Downgrade due to the amount of lost production.
CB: Net impact to roster: Neutral.
S: Net impact to roster: Downgrade due to the amount of lost production.

ST: Net impact to roster: Downgrade due to the loss of significant experience.

LU does have a few more openings to fill from the portal. Would love to see a play maker WR and an additional DL. Looks like the O might be an upgrade and the D might be a downgrade in comparison to last year.
05-23-2023 09:41 AM
army56mike Offline

Well we’ve been picked to win between 8-10 games. I will be thrilled with that for the coming season. My expectations are a little more tempered with the loss of players, new coaching staff, new conference. It might be tougher than expected.
05-23-2023 05:30 PM
Special Teams

So long as we're competing in a big turnover year, I'll take it

I'm sure each loss will kill me & each win will get me too hyped 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2023 08:41 AM by Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51.)
05-24-2023 08:41 AM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

Early 2023 talk. Most points have been discussed.

Can Liberty Win Conference USA Under Jamey Chadwell?

05-24-2023 11:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.