Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* Embarrasses the US Yet Again in Meeting With Xi, Wears Mao Outfit
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* Embarrasses the US Yet Again in Meeting With Xi, Wears Mao Outfit
Quote:Joe Biden has been on an embarrassing tour overseas. First, he went to COP 27 in Egypt and apologized for the U.S. pulling out of the Paris Agreement under President Donald Trump — a good move — that Biden has now rejected. He was howled at by protesters and then lost another fight with his teleprompter during his speech. Then Biden went on to Cambodia, delivered remarks sounding about 100 years old, and mistakenly called the prime minister of Cambodia the “prime minister for Colombia,” the second time he’s made that same mistake.

But on Monday, Biden was in Bali, Indonesia for the G20 and he met with China’s leader, Xi Jinping. The greeting said it all about who appeared to have the power in the exchange. Xi stood while making Joe Biden walk to him, Xi didn’t even meet him halfway. And Biden did it with his hand out. That pretty much said it all right there, it cried “weakness” and loss of face.

Biden is smiling like he’s meeting his best friend, not a country that has threatened us, threatened our allies, and lied about COVID. Joe’s response says, “I’m desperate” for a win of some kind. It didn’t look like the face of someone who intends to hold China over the coals for their bad behavior.

Here’s the White House readout of what Biden allegedly said to Xi. Notice it says nothing at all about COVID.

Here’s some video where Biden has to read from notes just to make some basic perfunctory remarks about things like “climate changes.” Yes, he did make it plural. He made it seem like there were no real issues and didn’t show any strength in the remarks.

Xi responded that the relationship was facing challenges. That would have been more appropriate for Biden to say to China since China has been in the wrong here. But it wasn’t Biden who appeared to be pressing the issues.

Biden then made remarks about the U.S. elections. He acted as if the Democrats had won.

He then claimed that China wasn’t an enemy or an adversary, but just another competitor, not holding them to account for what they’ve done.

Biden then was going to take questions from reporters about the meeting. But he had problems from the outset, having trouble reading the notes he’d been given.

He said he’d been told there were four questions and he made it clear he didn’t intend to take any more questions.

Biden said he didn’t think there was an imminent threat to Taiwan from China.

Vladimir Putin sized up Biden after his failed withdrawal from Afghanistan and lifting sanctions on Nord Stream 2 and found him wanting, so Putin invaded Ukraine. Let’s hope that Xi isn’t seeing that same weakness and is evaluating differently.

Biden did end up taking a fifth question from NBC’s Peter Alexander but then he said he shouldn’t even do that like he was violating the dictates of his masters.

This exchange should have been different and Biden should have been showing more strength. Unfortunately, yet again, he is constantly projecting weakness. If you’re not going to stand up on behalf of the millions who suffered from COVID, then you have no business pretending like you’re the leader of this nation.

Link

Mao outfit two posts down.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 03:48 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
11-14-2022 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Biden* Embarrasses the US Yet Again in Meeting With Xi
Its interesting how spin works. I cant stand Biden, but the whole, Xi made Biden walk farther thing is silly. If you'll notice, they shake hands in the center of the flag formation. You can say the "optics" were Biden walked much further than Xi for the handshake---but that was because Xi was already standing closer to middle than Biden---which would imply that Biden made Xi stand there and wait for him (a tactic Putin likes to employ). I dont think this photo opp thing means a whole lot. That said, Im sure Xi probably ran circles around our little dementia patient in the actual face to face meeting----and thats what really matters.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022 03:06 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-14-2022 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
The entire administration is an embarrassment
11-14-2022 03:43 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

11-14-2022 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Xi waited at mid field to greet Biden.
11-14-2022 03:48 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Biden* Embarrasses the US Yet Again in Meeting With Xi, Wears Mao Outfit
(11-14-2022 03:46 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

He's got his butt bumpin buddy Trudeau with him. They're dressed like the Bobbsey Twins.
11-15-2022 06:41 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Is that Chrystia Freeland to Trudeau's left?
11-15-2022 07:19 AM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(11-15-2022 06:41 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(11-14-2022 03:46 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

He's got his butt bumpin buddy Trudeau with him. They're dressed like the Bobbsey Twins.

It's traditional in these meetings for the participants to wear tradition clothing of the host country for a photo op. Not defending the walking vegetable in chief and the cheese head Canadian PM but it wasn't a Mao outfit. But I agree that the optics are bad.
11-15-2022 07:23 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
Horrors! Thank goodness the worst was averted and the President didn't wear a brown suit.
11-15-2022 08:11 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
And the media is still worried about Trump? If only they would spend just a little time on our current President's gaffes.
11-15-2022 08:21 AM
WKUApollo Offline

Trump wearing traditional Phillipine attire when the group met in the Phillipines back in 2017.
[Image: DDHEOAUGHFDNTEKBMMHAZIT5JA.jpg]
11-15-2022 08:24 AM
Advertisement

Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
Xiden all you need to know.
11-15-2022 08:29 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(11-14-2022 03:48 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Xi waited at mid field to greet Biden.

Yeah, Xi was already in the center of the flags and Biden walked over to the center.
11-15-2022 08:30 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(11-15-2022 07:19 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Is that Chrystia Freeland to Trudeau's left?
Nope. Perhaps the First Gentleman of Canada. 03-wink

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using CSNbbs mobile app
11-15-2022 08:30 AM

(11-15-2022 08:24 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Trump wearing traditional Phillipine attire when the group met in the Phillipines back in 2017.
The Philippines don't run a single party surveillance state with concentration camps.

11-15-2022 08:31 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(11-15-2022 08:31 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(11-15-2022 08:24 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Trump wearing traditional Phillipine attire when the group met in the Phillipines back in 2017.
The Philippines don't run a single party surveillance state with concentration camps.

No, that particular President of the Philippines (Duterte) didn't want to be bothered with camps. He wanted criminal suspects executed in the streets, and claimed to have done so personally -

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/14/asia/dute...index.html
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022 08:43 AM by Gamenole.)
11-15-2022 08:43 AM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

True but Biden being in Cambodia for an international conference doesn't really play into whether it or its neighbors have a bad government when asked to be civil and wear traditional Cambodian garb for a photo op.
11-15-2022 08:47 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Everything Biden does is an embarrassment to the USA. When he speaks it sometimes sounds like he’s babbling in Chinese. Retard.
11-15-2022 09:05 AM

(11-15-2022 08:47 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

True but Biden being in Cambodia for an international conference doesn't really play into whether it or its neighbors have a bad government when asked to be civil and wear traditional Cambodian garb for a photo op.

I would rather create a unique one off than wear something Mao-ish. Trudeau, and you know I never thought I'd say this, but Trudeau was more on the right track there.
11-15-2022 09:24 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43...0x453.jpeg]
11-15-2022 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.