Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The strategic value of pushing Putin out of Kherson
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Apparently Putin has decided to continue his search for Satan on the side of the river opposite Kherson. Showing you how selfless Putin's search is since Kherson has significant strategic value. The value? It blocks a Russian land bridge to Crimea. It allows the Ukrainians to block a source of fresh water to Crimea. It gives Ukraine access to the Black Sea. It places other strategic locations within range of Ukrainian HIMARS and other artillery. The optics, just weeks after Putin's announcement that Kherson was Russian forever, become difficult to explain domestically.... which explains Putin's decision to go dark on this issue. The Reuters article is linked...

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/why...022-10-24/
11-11-2022 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: The strategic value of pushing Putin out of Kherson
Im not sure I see how it blocks a Russian land bridge to Crimea---but it does eliminate the only bridgehead the Russians had on the west side of the Dnieper River---which provides western Ukraine with an additional level of security. For the Ukrainians, I suspect thats about it in that area. With all the destroyed bridges, I dont see how the Ukrainian Army could supply a Army on the east side of the Dnieper any better than the Russians could supply their troops on the western side of the river. From here on, I suspect we are going to see any offensive against Crimea come from the north. For Ukraine, that means a lot repositioning of men and equipment---so I suspect it will be a while before the Ukrainians are ready to make another big push.
11-11-2022 12:35 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(11-11-2022 12:25 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Apparently Putin has decided to continue his search for Satan on the side of the river opposite Kherson. Showing you how selfless Putin's search is since Kherson has significant strategic value. The value? It blocks a Russian land bridge to Crimea. It allows the Ukrainians to block a source of fresh water to Crimea. It gives Ukraine access to the Black Sea. It places other strategic locations within range of Ukrainian HIMARS and other artillery. The optics, just weeks after Putin's announcement that Kherson was Russian forever, become difficult to explain domestically.... which explains Putin's decision to go dark on this issue. The Reuters article is linked...

Gotta feel for all the Pro-Russians on this board. It's looking more and more likely Russia won't be able to continue their Satan search in Finland, Poland, Moldova, or Romania the way things are going
11-11-2022 12:39 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(11-11-2022 12:39 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 12:25 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Apparently Putin has decided to continue his search for Satan on the side of the river opposite Kherson. Showing you how selfless Putin's search is since Kherson has significant strategic value. The value? It blocks a Russian land bridge to Crimea. It allows the Ukrainians to block a source of fresh water to Crimea. It gives Ukraine access to the Black Sea. It places other strategic locations within range of Ukrainian HIMARS and other artillery. The optics, just weeks after Putin's announcement that Kherson was Russian forever, become difficult to explain domestically.... which explains Putin's decision to go dark on this issue. The Reuters article is linked...

Gotta feel for all the Pro-Russians on this board. It's looking more and more likely Russia won't be able to continue their Satan search in Finland, Poland, Moldova, or Romania the way things are going

That's a real shame for Putin, once upon a time he spotted Satan in Finland and might have liked to look there again...

[Image: 52YwFvtG00ymyFqNAXun8a8D9Xf7FAyQ-min.jpg?itok=51hY2gxc]
11-11-2022 12:42 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State

It’s a big loss, for sure. But this is just one battle in a much bigger war. Nobody wins them all, and it’s far from over.
11-11-2022 01:39 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Wow. A quagmire. Who woulda thunk it?
11-11-2022 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

Its been pretty much one loss after another for Russia since the first few initial weeks of the invasion.
11-11-2022 05:31 PM
RobUCF Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(11-11-2022 12:35 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Im not sure I see how it blocks a Russian land bridge to Crimea---but it does eliminate the only bridgehead the Russians had on the west side of the Dnieper River---which provides western Ukraine with an additional level of security. For the Ukrainians, I suspect thats about it in that area. With all the destroyed bridges, I dont see how the Ukrainian Army could supply a Army on the east side of the Dnieper any better than the Russians could supply their troops on the western side of the river. From here on, I suspect we are going to see any offensive against Crimea come from the north. For Ukraine, that means a lot repositioning of men and equipment---so I suspect it will be a while before the Ukrainians are ready to make another big push.

Agreed, neither side is likely to attempt to make a crossing of the Dnieper with all the bridges down and both sides heavily fortified. The next move for Ukraine will likely be an attempt to split Russian occupied areas by pushing south further east somewhere between Melitopol and Mariupol. Looking at most current maps of controlled territory, there is a small area of territory recently regained by Ukraine east of Melitopol and north of the occupied City of Polohy that also appears to be situated on a major highway system. So, while it could take some time, there are already Ukrainian forces there and that plan may already be in the works.
11-11-2022 05:48 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
The OP dreams of a Zelenksy shlong in his mouth.....

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
11-11-2022 05:57 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
[Image: rwkta3hdqcz91.jpg?width=960&crop...a3c30009bd]
11-11-2022 06:03 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

A message from "Putin's Brain"... The guy whose car was blown up by the Ukrainians in Moscow. Got his ultra nationalist daughter instead.

11-11-2022 06:24 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

The Russians made four serious miscalculations. They gambled on western apathy and lost. They bought their own silly propaganda on having a large modern army---when Russia really has a large antiquated army with a handful of modern weapons. Russia underestimated ability of the Ukrainians to resist. And finally, Russia vastly miscalculated the "will to fight" as a factor in the estimating the expected performance of both the Ukrainians and Russian forces. The reality is Russian soldiers are just not that into it. The Russians soldiers are arriving to a front where they dont see nazis. They dont see people who want to be liberated. And they dont see anything they are doing in Ukraine making their family safer back home. Thus, they arent interested in being heros---they just want to simply stay alive. Hard to go on offense with that kind of soldier. Add in poor logistics--lack of food and equipment---and the morale and attitude of those soldiers gets even worse. That said, the Russian soldiers cant be all that bad as we have not seen mass surrenders---so they arent broken----they are just are not highly motivated.

If Im being honest, the map we are looking at is going to be really hard to change substantially for either side from this point on. It really is time for serious negotiations---but I doubt it happens. I still say the deal should be vastly different from Elon's suggestion that unduly punishes Ukraine and rewards Russia aggression. I think the path forward is trading "land" for "security". Ukraine gives up the lands Russia occupies right now----and Ukraine joins NATO giving it long term security. The Russian funds frozen in western banks are given to Ukraine in exchange for the land. The Russians can call it a land purchase---the Ukrainians can call it reparations. NATO agrees not to base any nukes in any nation not in NATO prior to 1997 (NATO isnt doing that anyway---but it at least eliminates the option of ever doing it and provides Russia--along with the additional land buffer---provides Russia with at least some additional security). Finally---all financial sanctions against Russia are ended. BOOM. Seems like a solution everyone should be able to live with. Russia gets land and Ukraine gets long term security.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2022 01:28 AM by Attackcoog.)
11-11-2022 06:24 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(11-11-2022 05:57 PM)maximus Wrote:  The OP dreams of a Zelenksy shlong in his mouth.....

Because he’s a globalist. Anyone who supports NATO fighting in a non NATO country is. Some know they are, and some don’t, but when it comes down to it, they fall right in line with that agenda on every major issue.

Notice that all it took for Ukraine to be “redeemed” was the west ruling it? Nothing else changed, and the country went from being one of the worst to our new best friend and worth spending hundreds of billions on—virtually over night. That’s the globalist agenda in action. And mainstream Americans are virtually 100% on board no matter what party they support.
11-11-2022 06:29 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

(11-11-2022 05:57 PM)maximus Wrote:  The OP dreams of a Zelenksy shlong in his mouth.....

There's nothing remotely sexual in Tigercity's posts about Ukraine. If these are the kind of images his posts bring to mind for you, perhaps YOU have unresolved feelings for the Ukrainian President and other world leaders...
11-11-2022 06:29 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(11-11-2022 06:29 PM)Todor Wrote:  

Because he’s a globalist. Anyone who supports NATO fighting in a non NATO country is. Some know they are, and some don’t, but when it comes down to it, they fall right in line with that agenda on every major issue.

Notice that all it took for Ukraine to be “redeemed” was the west ruling it? Nothing else changed, and the country went from being one of the worst to our new best friend and worth spending hundreds of billions on—virtually over night. That’s the globalist agenda in action. And mainstream Americans are virtually 100% on board no matter what party they support.

You keep saying that---but thats actually totally inaccurate. Ukraine has leaned westward virtually the entire time its been an independent nation. Very early in its independent history Ukraine began its quest to be part of NATO---signing the "Charter of a Distinctive Partnership with NATO" in 1997. Since that time it has literally added the desire to join NATO to its original constitution. The only exception in that western lean was a short eastern lean that surprised the nation (Yanukovych's rejection of the EU free trade agreement). In doing so, Yanukovych ignored the Ukrainian Parliament who had overwhelmingly approved of the EU the deal. That move was so out of place for the westward leaning nation---that it triggered a popular uprising. Yanuknvych resigned under pressure from Parliament (you know---parliament is that thing with elected officials who actually represent the people). There was no coup as you often claim. To his credit---the man resigned because he had caused an uprising by ignoring the will of the people and realized he had to go for the nations well being.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2022 01:20 AM by Attackcoog.)
11-11-2022 06:56 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

In their retreat from Kherson, the Russians took along the bones of Prince Grigory Potemkin, one of Empress Catherine the Great's lovers. Potemkin is the source of the term "Potemkin village" -

"a term used to define cover-up facades designed specifically to hide an unsightly truth and create a false appearance of well-being. The phraseology goes back to a disproved historical myth of him arranging ostentatious decorations, such as allegedly putting up cardboard villages with painted ships and cannons, to impress Catherine the Great and her foreign companions during a trip to Crimea following its annexation."

Rather ironic since the Russian military seems to have shown itself as the ultimate Potemkin village these days. May the Prince rest in peace whichever side of the Dnipro he ultimately ends up on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/rus...mean%20TV.
11-11-2022 11:27 PM
Advertisement

indianashocker Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Play Angry
(11-11-2022 01:39 PM)Todor Wrote:  

It’s a big loss, for sure. But this is just one battle in a much bigger war. Nobody wins them all, and it’s far from over.

Haha! The writings on the wall, and has been for sometime. Russia is cooked. It'll be a wrap by late spring/mid-summer 2023
11-11-2022 11:57 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
I do find it odd TC (the person that only eats grass and says eating meat is evil) is so enthralled with warfare and death.

If your lumping me into this Putin Supporter, I’ve been clear from day 1 that US funding will do nothing but escalate (nuclear talk happened), cause more death (obviously happened), and prolong the stupid war (happening).

I have friends (3) and a cousin currently in the NATO bordering nations as U.S. military personnel. They are so pissed off and have been since day 1 at our stances taken and they laugh at well Russia will just go into NATO if they win from MSM. NATO is and never has been at threat until the nuclear talk escalation.

Putin/Zelensky are both power hungry POS that will sacrifice their own people. God bless the innocent on both sides. Should have just been a war between two nations but Biden’s gotta protect his/Obama/WEF guy they installed. We are supporting this war immensely more than every other Euro nation combined.

Enjoy the continued warfare TC all in the name of your and Biden’s “democracy”.

I don’t like U.S. tax payer money going to cause death around the world! Some of y’all do. Learn from our past mistakes people!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2022 09:23 AM by natibeast2.0.)
11-12-2022 09:20 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

(11-12-2022 09:09 AM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I do find it odd TC (the person that only eats grass) is so enthralled with warfare and death.

If your lumping me into this Putin Supporter, I’ve been clear from day 1 that US funding will do nothing but escalate (nuclear talk happened), cause more death (obviously happened), and prolong the stupid war (happening).

I have friends (3) and a cousin currently in the NATO bordering nations as U.S. military personnel. They are so pissed off and have been since day 1 about our stance on this war. Russia going into a NATO nation was never a threat and laughable.

Enjoy further bloodshed TC. I’ve also been clear from day 1 I give a F about Ukraine. They literally are just as bad as Russia. I see little difference in Putin/Zelensky. Both power hungry POS that will sacrifice their own people.

President Zelensky and Ukraine aren't perfect, but any attempt to equate Zelensky with Putin plays right into the hands of Kremlin propaganda and misinformation. At no point in its history as an independent nation have we seen the armed forces of Ukraine deployed outside their internationally recognized sovereign borders attempting to carve off bits of their neighbors by force. That, to me, is a very significant difference.
11-12-2022 09:22 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-11-2022 06:24 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  A message from "Putin's Brain"... The guy whose car was blown up by the Ukrainians in Moscow. Got his ultra nationalist daughter instead.

This sounds seriously like Dugin is calling for Putin's removal. To replace and what is essentially a kleptocracy for a more nazi-like fascist type state. I would think it's a little dangerous for him to come out with this statement, unless Putin's power is that diminished.
11-12-2022 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.