Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Facebook Groups
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
Sun Belt Facebook Groups
Does anyone belong to a FB group run by a Gary Johnson from Mobile?
10-25-2022 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
RE: Sun Belt Facebook Groups
Yea, but beware of that one. Lots of hate the Sunbelt topics on there. It's mostly just hate the top team. Hope whatever Sunbelt team is in the top 25 loses etc. There are a few other Sunbelt Facebook groups which are a little better. Where the barbs are less spiteful and the posts are more about the Sunbelt or a teams information rather than attacking a team. Which is what a Sunbelt Fan Club should be.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 05:03 PM by Eagleyed.)
10-25-2022 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Well ol' Gary booted me for being a Troy fan. LoL. I didn't talk any ****, he just booted and blocked me after I posted a pro Belt meme. *Shrugs*

I joined the other two groups I found. See ya on there.
10-25-2022 05:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

(10-25-2022 05:24 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Well ol' Gary booted me for being a Troy fan. LoL. I didn't talk any ****, he just booted and blocked me after I posted a pro Belt meme. *Shrugs*

Ya I've heard a lot of that. I think it's why his facebook group is going in a very trolley direction.
10-25-2022 05:33 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

The problem is, all of the new fanbases found and joined that group this year. It is a really active community now. I've been a member for years and then that jerk goes and does this. He's just mad about South losing yet again to Troy.
10-25-2022 05:39 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(10-25-2022 05:02 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  Yea, but beware of that one. Lots of hate the Sunbelt topics on there. It's mostly just hate the top team. Hope whatever Sunbelt team is in the top 25 loses etc. There are a few other Sunbelt Facebook groups which are a little better. Where the barbs are less spiteful and the posts are more about the Sunbelt or a teams information rather than attacking a team. Which is what a Sunbelt Fan Club should be.

Hahaha what?! That's the dumbest mindset possible.
10-25-2022 05:40 PM
Advertisement

Eagleyed Offline
1st String

(10-25-2022 05:40 PM)KickItToScotty Wrote:  
(10-25-2022 05:02 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  Yea, but beware of that one. Lots of hate the Sunbelt topics on there. It's mostly just hate the top team. Hope whatever Sunbelt team is in the top 25 loses etc. There are a few other Sunbelt Facebook groups which are a little better. Where the barbs are less spiteful and the posts are more about the Sunbelt or a teams information rather than attacking a team. Which is what a Sunbelt Fan Club should be.

Hahaha what?! That's the dumbest mindset possible.

Ya I had someone tell me he was going to report me because while I said I was a USM fan I also said I wanted JMU to be in the top 25. Which obviously meant I was a secret JMU fan undercover. He got a bunch of likes for it. I mean my post saying that some stupid logic I just want the Sunbelt to get national recognition did too, but it was enough likes for the other guy to make me question the sanity of that group in general.

The report came to nothing, because that was a dumb report. But, still...
10-25-2022 05:57 PM
SkullyMaroo Online

I Root For: South Alabama
I hate Facebook and have no interest in joining Sun Belt groups. I have it but haven’t posted anything in years, excepting posts for a non-profit organization in which I volunteer. All that said, Gary Johnson sounds like a great dude. 03-lmfao
10-25-2022 06:00 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

Sounds like a bunch of weirdos.
10-25-2022 06:04 PM
Michael in Raleigh Online
All American

I Root For: App State
Eh, I like it fine. I'm not married to it, so I brush it off when nonsense is posted.
10-25-2022 07:59 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The SBC groups on Facebook are awful.
10-25-2022 08:23 PM
Advertisement

appsfan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App State
I belong to that group and I take it with a grain of salt. There's a lot of chest thumping going on and like it was said earlier, plenty of hating whoever Is on top at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022 08:37 PM by appsfan.)
10-25-2022 08:36 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(10-25-2022 04:44 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Does anyone belong to a FB group run by a Gary Johnson from Mobile?

I’m on there and the guy that runs it sounds like a big baby. People have tried to suggest tips on running the board and he apparently won’t entertain any ideas other than his. I don’t know why I’m still there. Bored, I guess.
10-25-2022 09:33 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(10-25-2022 05:24 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Well ol' Gary booted me for being a Troy fan. LoL. I didn't talk any ****, he just booted and blocked me after I posted a pro Belt meme. *Shrugs*

Low hanging fruit, but uh, why don't you just hang out here? Absolutely zero reason to conduct business on facebook, personal or otherwise.
10-25-2022 09:40 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
Those FB groups are FULL of uninformed fans. You will end up just leaving the groups on your own out of frustration 03-banghead
10-26-2022 07:04 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
(10-25-2022 08:36 PM)appsfan Wrote:  I belong to that group and I take it with a grain of salt. There's a lot of chest thumping going on and like it was said earlier, plenty of hating whoever Is on top at the moment.

This. I do go on there to laugh at some of the takes. Those that get their feelings hurt on there are something else.
10-26-2022 07:26 AM
Advertisement

FrankyP Offline
All American

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(10-25-2022 09:33 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(10-25-2022 04:44 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Does anyone belong to a FB group run by a Gary Johnson from Mobile?

I’m on there and the guy that runs it sounds like a big baby. People have tried to suggest tips on running the board and he apparently won’t entertain any ideas other than his. I don’t know why I’m still there. Bored, I guess.

What’s the name of the Gary Johnson group?
10-26-2022 07:37 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-26-2022 07:04 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  Those FB groups are FULL of uninformed fans. You will end up just leaving the groups on your own out of frustration 03-banghead

Yeah, I’m about ready to call it quits. I’ve had some good convos and banter and seen some good memes made but it’s too much coming through my feed and 90% is worthless.

There’s a poster on our board that runs an ODU FB page that’s really well done. There’s current and past athletes and coaches on there so he keeps it 100% positive, lots of ODU athletics history posts as well as current across all sports. Pretty much everything celebrating ODU athletics. But nixes any running down coaches or athletes as many are members. It’s nice. I wouldn’t want any current athletes to follow our board and hope they don’t because there’s plenty of negativity at times, which is natural for fan forums but I appreciate the space he created on FB that’s purely celebratory.
10-26-2022 08:51 AM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Lot's of Trolls there... I'm not sure why some people respond to those trolls. One guy mocked JMU for losing as soon as they got into the Top 25? Hey JMU got there and no one else from the SBC has... (Maybe Marshall & App Earlier?)

I'm on there because there is some interesting info and perspectives. I do have thick skin and an excellent ability to dismiss the idiots...
10-26-2022 09:00 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-26-2022 09:00 AM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  Lot's of Trolls there... I'm not sure why some people respond to those trolls. One guy mocked JMU for losing as soon as they got into the Top 25? Hey JMU got there and no one else from the SBC has... (Maybe Marshall & App Earlier?)

I'm on there because there is some interesting info and perspectives. I do have thick skin and an excellent ability to dismiss the idiots...

Yeah, I’m up for bashing JMU as the next guy but it’s a bit much. Granted the JMU chest beating got to be a bit much prior to thier losing too.
10-26-2022 09:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.