RE: Bill of Rights
Great to have Spartacus on the case.
08-03-2022 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
Lifetime scholarships? I don’t know about that. And if they are talking about pay to play, they should reward greater payouts to those who stay at schools as opposed to transferring. They should incentivize that. And this unlimited transfer bothers me too. There needs to be windows. It needs to be regulated. The pros have all kinds of rules they have to follow with free agency. This is starting to get out hand.
08-03-2022 07:31 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(08-03-2022 04:55 PM)green Wrote:  

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status...0932832256

FOR POSTERITY’S SAKE

Sounds like a good idea in their heads, that will go badly in reality
08-03-2022 07:46 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

(08-03-2022 07:46 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(08-03-2022 04:55 PM)green Wrote:  

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status...0932832256

FOR POSTERITY’S SAKE

Sounds like a good idea in their heads, that will go badly in reality

Yeah. I have a real problem with the lifetime scholarship. If you are choosing to leave school early to pursue other interests, that’s on you. A school shouldn’t be obligated to that, and the audacity to even ask for it. When a school offers a full time scholarship, it’s under the assumption that you are coming to play a sport for them for four years. I can’t wrap my brain around that one.
08-03-2022 08:13 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(08-03-2022 07:31 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  And this unlimited transfer bothers me too. There needs to be windows. It needs to be regulated. The pros have all kinds of rules they have to follow with free agency. This is starting to get out hand.

the pros are unionized ...

COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
08-03-2022 08:30 PM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
I guess this happens when you can't pass anything else, and you're on the verge of losing your slim majority.

07-coffee3
08-03-2022 08:51 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Lord knows this is what we need our congress working on right now.

Good work, spartacus.
08-03-2022 08:57 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

Alright “unlimited transfers”, just wait until schools start beefing up their rosters for the CFP with players from other schools who didn’t make the CFP. They want to be able to transfer and be eligible immediately. Am I missing something here? There needs to be windows. A regular student can’t transfer to another school mid semester and finish out a semester, but an athlete can transfer whenever they want, as much as they want and be ready to play immediately, but can’t even be enrolled into a class until next semester. There needs to be some guidelines and restrictions, some regulations. I just see red flags everywhere.
08-03-2022 09:22 PM
GarnetAndBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Retired
I'm increasingly confident that college football (and every other professional or semi-professional sport) are going to be dead to me in 5-10 years. It's great that folks can make a lot of $ playing/coaching/administering a sport...but I don't have to watch. It just won't remotely interest me when folks are jumping from one team to another on a constant basis and have absolutely no intrinsic interest in the school that they choo$e. More fishing, more cornhole, etc.
08-03-2022 10:04 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Politicians need to leave college football alone.
08-03-2022 10:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-03-2022 09:22 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  Alright “unlimited transfers”, just wait until schools start beefing up their rosters for the CFP with players from other schools who didn’t make the CFP. They want to be able to transfer and be eligible immediately. Am I missing something here? There needs to be windows. A regular student can’t transfer to another school mid semester and finish out a semester, but an athlete can transfer whenever they want, as much as they want and be ready to play immediately, but can’t even be enrolled into a class until next semester. There needs to be some guidelines and restrictions, some regulations. I just see red flags everywhere.

congress isn’t going to save you ...

GRIDLOCK
08-04-2022 05:33 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2022 05:33 AM)green Wrote:  
(08-03-2022 09:22 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  Alright “unlimited transfers”, just wait until schools start beefing up their rosters for the CFP with players from other schools who didn’t make the CFP. They want to be able to transfer and be eligible immediately. Am I missing something here? There needs to be windows. A regular student can’t transfer to another school mid semester and finish out a semester, but an athlete can transfer whenever they want, as much as they want and be ready to play immediately, but can’t even be enrolled into a class until next semester. There needs to be some guidelines and restrictions, some regulations. I just see red flags everywhere.

GRIDLOCK

No, it looks like they are going to completely DESTROY college football.
08-04-2022 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2022 08:56 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

GRIDLOCK

passage requires filibuster-proof majority ...

SAUSAGE MAKING
08-04-2022 09:44 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2022 09:44 AM)green Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 08:56 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

GRIDLOCK

passage requires filibuster-proof majority ...

SAUSAGE MAKING

[Image: makingsausage.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 09:49 AM by Hokie Mark.)
08-04-2022 09:48 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(08-03-2022 10:25 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Politicians need to leave college football alone.

But as a Tech fan, aren't you glad that Governor Warner didn't stay out of college football twenty years ago?
08-04-2022 10:43 AM
Advertisement

nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
I just read Cory Booker and know it's stupid.
08-04-2022 11:25 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2022 10:43 AM)Gamenole Wrote:  
(08-03-2022 10:25 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Politicians need to leave college football alone.

But as a Tech fan, aren't you glad that Governor Warner didn't stay out of college football twenty years ago?

Good point, but that was fixing one [bad] decision - not changing the rules of the game itself.

"I want congress to determine how college football is played" said no one ever.
08-04-2022 11:38 AM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(08-04-2022 10:43 AM)Gamenole Wrote:  

There's a good chance that if VT gets left out of ACC expansion that we'd have joined the SEC instead of Missouri when the SEC expanded with Texas A&M and Missouri.
08-04-2022 09:59 PM
TopperCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL & WKU
In an era when college athletics probably needs a little more structure and guidance, leave to politicians to double down on the free-for-all.
08-05-2022 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.