Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CLOSE CALL? Why the FBI stopped China's park project in DC
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:In 2017, the Chinese government offered to spend $100 MILLION dollars to build a park in Washington, D.C. The ‘ornate Chinese garden’ was planned to be at the National Arboretum, CNN reports, and the project ’thrilled local officials.’ But there’s something about China offering such a nice gesture that should IMMEDIATELY raise alarms. Thankfully, US counterintelligence officials took a deeper look. In this clip, Glenn details the spooky details they found that suggest China was up to something much more sinister than sharing Chinese culture with America' capital city...

FBI cancels $100 million plans for CCP-funded garden in DC, cites Huawei's potential to disrupt nuclear arsenal

Quote:The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is becoming weary of Chinese espionage in the United States and recently killed a $100 million project to build a National China Garden in Washington, DC.

The Daily Mail reports that the United States' intelligence community is concerned that China is spying on the US through their vast increase in property investments.

A deal struck in 2017 between China and local officials in Washington, D.C. to build a Chinese garden in the National Arboretum near the Nation's Capitol, which would transform a 12-acre field into an arboretum full of native Chinese architecture and shrubbery.
However, after further investigation from US counterintelligence, officials discovered that the project could be used for espionage, according to a CNN report.

The report states that Chinese architects had planned to build the pagoda just two miles from the US Capitol at one of the highest points in Washington, DC, which counterintelligence believe would have been in prime position for espionage activities.

China also wanted to bypass US Customs through diplomatic pouches, and prevent US officials from inspecting the shipped materials that would be used to build the pagoda, according to the report.

The project was then quietly killed by federal officials.

However, federal officials have raised strong concerns regarding China's many recent property investments near critical United States infrastructure, which include US military bases.

An investigation conducted by the FBI revealed that China repeatedly attempted to install Chinese-made Huawei equipment atop cell towers near Midwest military bases, according to the Daily Mail.

The Chinese equipment is capable of intercepting secret Defense Department communications including those used by US strategic command, which oversees the nation's nuclear weapons, according to the FBI.

"This gets into some of the most sensitive things we do," a former FBI official told CNN. "It would impact our ability for essentially command and control with the nuclear triad. That goes into the 'BFD' category."

China's efforts to install Huawei equipment near military bases dates back to the Obama administration, CNN reports.

China, along with firms tied to the communist regime, own 192,000 acres of US farmland worth $1.9 billion, according to the outlet.

Fufeng Group, a Chinese-owned food producer, recently purchased hundreds of acres of farmland in North Dakota near Grand Forks Air Force base with plans to build a corn milling plant. The base is home to some of the nation's most sensitive drone technology.

FBI Director Christopher Wray said the department opens daily investigations into Chinese espionage, and in 2019 the FCC banned small telecoms from using the Chinese-made equipment.

"That's probably about 2,000 or so investigations," Wray told CNN. "And that's not even talking about their cyber theft, where they have a bigger hacking program than that of every other major nation combined, and have stolen more of Americans' personal and corporate data than every nation combined.''

FBI agents are currently monitoring cheap Huawei equipment that has been installed along Interstate 25 in rural Colorado, Montana, and Nebraska, which was installed to connect the sparse population. However, it also connects to some of the most secretive installations in the United States.

Now that's just racist.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022 06:30 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
07-25-2022 06:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Why was this even remotely on the table? We are being lead by complete idiots.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
07-25-2022 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: CLOSE CALL? Why the FBI stopped China's park project in DC
(07-25-2022 08:28 PM)maximus Wrote:  Why was this even remotely on the table? We are being lead by complete idiots.

Why are we letting China buy farm land acreage near military bases?

1. It's farm land. Do we want China controlling crops?
2. It's close to military bases. Do we want China spying on our military from our own soil?
07-25-2022 10:34 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(07-25-2022 10:34 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(07-25-2022 08:28 PM)maximus Wrote:  Why was this even remotely on the table? We are being lead by complete idiots.

2. It's close to military bases. Do we want China spying on our military from our own soil?

To be fair, there are not many places on earth than aren’t near an American military base.

Oddly, the US doesn’t mind American bases being near China. In fact, we put as many as possible as close to them as we can.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2022 12:28 AM by Todor.)
07-26-2022 12:28 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Well its at least comforting to know that SOMEONE in our government is looking out for our national interest.

The idiot in the WH will probably issue an executive order to stop the harassment of our chinese communist "partners" in whatever they want to do here... as long as Hunter's getting paid.
07-26-2022 06:37 AM
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Any and all purchases from any Chinese entities should be stopped immediately and not allowed for the foreseeable future.

07-26-2022 10:19 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(07-26-2022 10:19 AM)maximus Wrote:  

Any and all purchases from any Chinese entities should be stopped immediately and not allowed for the foreseeable future.

and reclaimed via imminent domain.....

that goes for c-cup Bill Gates as well. He's been buying up farmland under shell companies where he's trying to hide as being the investor buyin up the properties, normally to skirt around existing laws on buying farmland.
07-26-2022 10:21 AM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Go try to do that in China.
07-26-2022 10:33 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-26-2022 12:28 AM)Todor Wrote:  

To be fair, there are not many places on earth than aren’t near an American military base.

Oddly, the US doesn’t mind American bases being near China. In fact, we put as many as possible as close to them as we can.

Let me know when we put one IN China. Which is more akin to China buying land next to US bases, in the US.
07-26-2022 10:52 AM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(07-26-2022 12:28 AM)Todor Wrote:  

That's right. That doesn't mean they have to let us.

And when they do it here that doesn't mean we have to let them.
07-26-2022 12:40 PM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
(07-26-2022 10:19 AM)maximus Wrote:  

That's a good start but I'd go a lot further. We should severely limit foreign ownership of anything physically located in the US.
07-26-2022 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.