Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Commissioner faces questions of conference revenue gaps, realignment (Replay)
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
ACC Commissioner faces questions of conference revenue gaps, realignment (Replay)
ACC Kickoff begins with commissioner Jim Phillips facing questions of uncertainty in college sports landscape

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYepCTpUAc8
07-20-2022 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
RE: ACC Commissioner faces questions of conference revenue gaps, realignment (Replay)
07-20-2022 10:17 AM
TopperCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL & WKU
RE: ACC Commissioner faces questions of conference revenue gaps, realignment (Replay)
The whole "talking a lot but saying very little" applies here.
07-20-2022 10:22 AM
GarnetAndBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Retired
(07-20-2022 10:14 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  ACC Kickoff begins with commissioner Jim Phillips facing questions of uncertainty in college sports landscape

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYepCTpUAc8

I can already hear his private conversation with his wife regarding his career path. “Honey this is just a short term gig, I’m exceptionally well paid compared to the real work-load, and it won’t hinder any future job opportunities as I wind down my career. Everyone is well aware that I stepped into a no-win situation and doing the best I can”.
07-20-2022 10:27 AM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
So I know where our 17 — or our 15 schools are. We are really aligned to try to find some solutions to that revenue gap, but it can’t be at the expense of all the other things that we’re doing. So there’s I think a really good plan for us as we move ahead. Again, considering all of are our options. In these kinds of times you have to do that. This is unique what’s happened over the last 12 months.

Q. 17 schools?

JIM PHILLIPS: That was an error. 15 schools. Sorry about that. Thinking about your expansion number. (Laughter).
—————
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/exp...3a#image=1

Who are these two new schools???
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2022 02:32 PM by random asian guy.)
07-20-2022 02:31 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
That was a poor performance.
07-20-2022 02:49 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(07-20-2022 02:31 PM)random asian guy Wrote:  So I know where our 17 — or our 15 schools are. We are really aligned to try to find some solutions to that revenue gap, but it can’t be at the expense of all the other things that we’re doing. So there’s I think a really good plan for us as we move ahead. Again, considering all of are our options. In these kinds of times you have to do that. This is unique what’s happened over the last 12 months.

Q. 17 schools?

JIM PHILLIPS: That was an error. 15 schools. Sorry about that. Thinking about your expansion number. (Laughter).
—————

07-20-2022 03:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
domer1978 Offline
All American

(07-20-2022 03:00 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(07-20-2022 02:31 PM)random asian guy Wrote:  So I know where our 17 — or our 15 schools are. We are really aligned to try to find some solutions to that revenue gap, but it can’t be at the expense of all the other things that we’re doing. So there’s I think a really good plan for us as we move ahead. Again, considering all of are our options. In these kinds of times you have to do that. This is unique what’s happened over the last 12 months.

Q. 17 schools?

—————

Ummm, can you please make us a partial on that graph?
07-20-2022 03:03 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
what a moron…no wonder The Big Ten laughed when he submitted his resume for that conference’s commissioner position.
07-20-2022 03:11 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

If anyone wants to know why this conference is in the shape it is, look no further than Jim Phillips and those responsible for hiring him. I’m positive there are posters here who could do a better job guiding the conference through realignment.
07-20-2022 03:14 PM
GarnetAndBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Retired
(07-20-2022 03:03 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  

Q. 17 schools?

—————

I’m thinking it’s ECU and UNC Charlotte to get to 17. Then UNC Greensboro. The State of NC will finally be well represented.
07-20-2022 03:16 PM
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

(07-20-2022 03:14 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  If anyone wants to know why this conference is in the shape it is, look no further than Jim Phillips and those responsible for hiring him. I’m positive there are posters here who could do a better job guiding the conference through realignment.

Agreed, but the blind ACC loyalist will say he did amazing. It was a disaster.
07-20-2022 03:18 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

(07-20-2022 03:16 PM)GarnetAndBlue Wrote:  

Q. 17 schools?

—————

I’m thinking it’s ECU and UNC Charlotte to get to 17. Then UNC Greensboro. The State of NC will finally be well represented.

Should look to South Carolina also. Anderson University is perfect and private.
07-20-2022 03:19 PM
AeroWolf Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NC State
Listening to Phillips speech and reading the recaps kept me thinking of the following lines from an underated classic.

"Amen. And amen. And amen. You have to forgive me. I'm not familiar with the local custom. Where I come from, you always say "Amen" after you hear a prayer. Because that's what you just heard - a prayer. Where I come from, that particular prayer is called "The Prayer for the Dead." You just heard The Prayer for the Dead, my fellow stockholders, and you didn't say, "Amen.""

- Larry the Liquidator, Other People's Money
07-20-2022 03:56 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(07-20-2022 03:16 PM)GarnetAndBlue Wrote:  

Q. 17 schools?

—————

Don’t forget High Point…. we need them. At least we’ll be able to say this conference has a High Point and actually be telling the truth
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2022 04:14 PM by CardinalJim.)
07-20-2022 04:13 PM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown

Q. 17 schools?

—————

You might be onto something.

I don’t care how poorly Phillips did on stage. As long as the ACC adds good schools like Oregon and UW and gets paid more, I am good.
07-20-2022 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(07-20-2022 03:18 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  
(07-20-2022 03:14 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  If anyone wants to know why this conference is in the shape it is, look no further than Jim Phillips and those responsible for hiring him. I’m positive there are posters here who could do a better job guiding the conference through realignment.

He did do an amazing job, depending on your goals. I want the worst, most incompetent leadership possible for the ACC to ensure that it ends as soon as possible. So I'm very pleased with the Commissioner's performance today.
07-20-2022 05:42 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

(07-20-2022 05:42 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  
(07-20-2022 03:18 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  

He did do an amazing job, depending on your goals. I want the worst, most incompetent leadership possible for the ACC to ensure that it ends as soon as possible. So I'm very pleased with the Commissioner's performance today.
True, just another brick in the wall.
07-20-2022 05:46 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Another Biden appointee
07-20-2022 05:59 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
I was one of the those people who always state the upcoming death of the ACC was greatly exaggerated. Now, it is wondering when the life support plug is going to be pulled. I figure I will enjoy the few years the ACC is still around.
07-20-2022 06:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.