Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News ‘The Real Hero’: Good Guy With Gun Ends Mass Shooting In Indiana Mall
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
‘The Real Hero’: Good Guy With Gun Ends Mass Shooting In Indiana Mall

Quote:Less than three weeks after Indiana’s new constitutional carry law went into effect, an armed bystander shot and killed an assailant suspected of fatally shooting three people and injuring two others in an Indiana mall on Sunday evening.

Reports of a shooting in the Greenwood Park Mall began around 6 p.m. on Sunday when an unnamed gunman opened fire in the food court. After striking at least one male and four females including a 12-year-old girl, the suspected shooter was quickly shot and killed by a bystander who “observed the shooting in progress.”

As of Monday morning, police had not released the identity of the man who shot the gunman, but local news reports indicated he is 22 years old and from the nearby Bartholomew County.

“The real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop the shooter almost as soon as he began,” Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison told reporters.

Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers also praised the “good Samaritan” for stopping “further bloodshed.”

“This person saved lives tonight,” Myers said in a statement. “On behalf of the City of Greenwood, I am grateful for his quick action and heroism in this situation.”

CNN tried to downplay the “good guy with a gun” by claiming that it is extremely rare for armed citizens to step in. Their article about the shooting dedicated four paragraphs to warning that, according to a New York Times data chart, “having more than one armed person at the scene who is not a member of law enforcement can create confusion and carry dire risks.”

Several local news outlets centered their coverage on the narrative that the man who took down the suspected assailant violated the mall’s no weapons policy.

“Armed ‘Good Samaritan’ stopped Indiana mall shooting, broke mall rules,” WANE 15 reported.

According to Fox 59 out of Indianapolis, the mall owner, Simon Property Group, “states in its code of conduct that no weapons are allowed at their shopping centers.” It isn’t until later in the article that Fox 59 noted, “While the property group has the ability to set policies against weapons, what the man did was not illegal.”

Meanwhile, Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts took a swipe at the good guy with a gun and the Second Amendment, and Kris Brown, president of the anti-gun Brady Campaign, smeared him as a “vigilante.”

Under pressure from a wave of primary challengers this spring who made constitutional carry a top critique of Republican incumbents, the GOP-controlled legislature and governor passed a new law earlier this year that no longer requires gun owners to obtain a permit to legally “carry, conceal or transport a handgun within the state.” The law took effect on July 1.

A Houston police sergeant is also being hailed as a hero after he tackled a man armed with a rifle, 120 rounds of ammunition, and a handgun in the Houston Galleria over the weekend.

Link

07-18-2022 11:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: ‘The Real Hero’: Good Guy With Gun Ends Mass Shooting In Indiana Mall
There are thousands of defensive gun uses each year. Media doesn't cover the majority, for obvious political reasons, as it destroys their arguments.
07-18-2022 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Sen. Chris Murphy Strangely Silent After His 'Good Guy With a Gun' Theory Goes Down in Flames

Quote:As we previously reported, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) appallingly declared in a tweet last Tuesday that the fact that it took the Uvalde police so long to respond to the horrific Robb Elementary School mass shooting “puts to bed, forever” the “good guy with a gun” scenario often cited by Second Amendment defenders in their arguments.

“We’ve always known it was a gun industry created lie, designed to sell more guns,” he also wrote. “Now we just have the gut wrenching proof”:

While the chilling 77-minute police response video from Uvalde was indeed gut-wrenching, it in no way proved Murphy’s point – in fact, it proved just the opposite for reasons I and thousands of others explained to him in response to his remarks.

In the aftermath of the deadly Greenwood, Indiana mall mass shooting Sunday where three were killed and two were injured, Murphy has gone silent on his “good guy with a gun” theory – perhaps because Greenwood Police Chief James Ison noted in a press conference that the shooter was shot dead “almost as soon as he began” by a “good Samaritan,” a 22-year-old unidentified man who Ison said was “lawfully carrying” his firearm:

“The real hero of the day is the citizen that was lawfully carrying a firearm in that food court and was able to stop that shooter almost as soon as he began,” Ison told reporters during a press conference on Sunday night.

Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers also confirmed that the suspect was “shot by an armed individual,” whom he called a “good Samaritan.”

“This person saved lives tonight,” Myers said in a statement late Sunday. “On behalf of the City of Greenwood, I am grateful for his quick action and heroism in this situation.”

Virtually the only thing Murphy has tweeted about before and since the Indiana shooting has been to pat himself on the back for his work in getting the so-called “bipartisan gun bill” passed and signed into law by President Biden. He hasn’t said one word about the shooting, nor the hero’s quick actions which undoubtedly saved countless lives that day if witness and police reports about what happened are accurate.

Strangely enough, Murphy has also been silent on his theory in the aftermath of another “good guy with a gun” story, this one out of Missouri, as RedState deputy managing editor Susie Moore wrote about earlier. Also, there’s been nothing from him regarding a disturbing June incident where a deranged person repeatedly tried to enter an Alabama elementary school through locked windows and doors, but didn’t get any further because he was shot and killed by law enforcement in the parking lot during a scuffle with police officers.

Anytime there’s a mass shooting in this country, Democrats are the first ones to come out swinging with the vile accusations and definitive proclamations about how we “need more restrictions” and how the “good guy with a gun” scenario is BS. But when all the dust has cleared and the actual facts come out in some of these cases, these same Dems suddenly become “too busy” to revisit the issue and admit they were wrong.
07-18-2022 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

People like him should have STUPID tattooed on their foreheads so that if they themselves are ever in a live shooter situation, people would know who not to bother helping. I'M WITH STUPID also works.
07-18-2022 12:13 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Guarantee there are some liberals out there who want to prosecute the hero in this case.
07-18-2022 12:13 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: ANOTHER : Good Guy With Gun Ends Mass gas station robberies
Quote:A man who police say went on a “violent crime spree” at three gas stations was shot and killed by a customer armed with a gun, Missouri police say.

It happened around 3:20 a.m. on Saturday, July 16, in St. Charles, just outside St. Louis. The St. Charles Police Department said the 26-year-old robbery suspect, who is from St. Louis, died at a local hospital after being shot by a witness.

The witness, also 26 years old, told police he was exiting a QuikTrip gas station when he saw the suspect abruptly pull into the parking lot and park in front of the door, according to police. The suspect carried a backpack into the convenience store and turned toward an area where a female clerk was standing.

“The suspect dragged the clerk toward the front counter while she was screaming,” police said. “The witness was able to observe the suspect holding a knife to the clerk’s throat.”

Police said the witness re-entered the store and confronted the suspect while armed with a 9 mm handgun.

“I have something for you,” the suspect told the witness as he came around the counter, according to police.

The witness then fired his gun several times at the suspect, who fell to the floor. The clerk and witness both called 911.

First responders took the suspect to the hospital, where he died, police said. His identity has not been publicly disclosed.

In the 25 minutes before he entered the QuikTrip, the suspect also robbed two other convenience stores, according to police.

At a Mobile On The Run location around 3 a.m., he assaulted a 43-year-old female clerk as he stole money from two cash registers, St. Charles police said. The clerk suffered non-life-threatening injuries from knife cuts to her left wrist, right hand and neck.

Police said that at a Mid-Town Phillips 66 store about 15 minutes later, officers discovered broken glass that indicated a burglary just happened. They were dispatched for shots fired at the QuikTrip as they were investigating the second robbery.

A 2013 Toyota Highlander the suspect was driving during the robberies was stolen earlier in July, according to police. Officers said they found stolen items from the Phillips 66 robbery in the vehicle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/customer-shoo...01150.html
07-18-2022 12:17 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Will Biden invite this guy to the white house as a hero like he did Megan Rapino???
07-18-2022 12:20 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(07-18-2022 12:20 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Will Biden invite this guy to the white house as a hero like he did Megan Rapino???

Short answer: No.
Long answer: This is a rhetorical question, right?
07-18-2022 12:22 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
A citizen who was legally carrying shoots and kills a potential mass shooter in a mall which wanted "no guns."

Reaction from the right:
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...amp;nofb=1]

Reaction from the left:
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...amp;nofb=1]
07-18-2022 12:32 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Democrats want more mass killings that take the highest possible innocent citizen lives. This allow them to beat that NO GUNS drum while shedding the usual crocodile tears for the murdered citizens.

Good guy heroes who intervene and legally take out the criminal absolutely ruins the Democrat narrative and reinforces the need for 2nd amendment rights. Damn right the Dems would LOVE to have heroes like the one at the Indiana Mall to be tried for a crime.
07-18-2022 12:34 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-18-2022 12:34 PM)boss man Wrote:  Democrats want more mass killings that take the highest possible innocent citizen lives. This allow them to beat that NO GUNS drum while shedding the usual crocodile tears for the murdered citizens.

Good guy heroes who intervene and legally take out the criminal absolutely ruins the Democrat narrative and reinforces the need for 2nd amendment rights. Damn right the Dems would LOVE to have heroes like the one at the Indiana Mall to be tried for a crime.

Your 2nd 100% gospel truth post I’ve read today.

04-cheers
07-18-2022 12:45 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
A legally carrying individual who stops a mass shooting does not fit the Communist agenda of the Demoncrapped Party. They want us to be like every totalitarian country including Canada where only the government has weapons and thus can impose their will on the people...and who's to stop them?

I love that at least these evil people that terrorize innocents get their just due. One less evil, riff raff crime ridden individual.
07-18-2022 12:52 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-18-2022 12:32 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  A citizen who was legally carrying shoots and kills a potential mass shooter in a mall which wanted "no guns."

Reaction from the right:
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...amp;nofb=1]

Reaction from the left:
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...amp;nofb=1]
]

You dont need a gun its the polices job

Reeeeeeee03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022 12:56 PM by shere khan.)
07-18-2022 12:55 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

OK, Murphy. Time to ditch the security detail. Can't have good guys with guns to protect your sorry ass if you want to deny them to others. Or, is this one of those 'rules for thee but not for me' kind of deals?
07-18-2022 12:59 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

How the good guy responded:
07-18-2022 03:15 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(07-18-2022 12:13 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  Guarantee there are some liberals out there who want to prosecute the hero in this case.

Just wait. There was a reason this guy probably wanted privacy

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government...022-07-18/
Quote:He broke the policy of Simon Property Group, the owner of the Greenwood Park Mall, which prohibits guns on its properties, according to its website.
07-18-2022 03:26 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Hero Who Stopped Indiana Mall Shooter Identified as 22-Year-Old Eli Dicken, Trained in Firearm Use by his Grandfather

Quote:A strong testimonial in favor of concealed carry, self-defense and situational awareness.

A mass shooter named Douglas Sapirman opened fire at the Greenwood Park Mall in Greenwood, Indiana, shooting three people before he was stopped by a 22-year-old who reacted in seconds after the shooting started.

22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken (pictured left) told his girlfriend to get under a table at the mall food court, then engaged the gunman using his pistol. Dicken fired ten shots, killing the gunman who was armed with a long rifle as he attempted to retreat. Police are hailing young Mr. Dicken as a hero who likely saved the lives of many.

INDIANA – […] Elisjsha Dicken, an armed bystander, fired on Sapirman. Dicken fired 10 rounds hitting Sapirman as Sapirman tried to retreat into the bathroom but collapsed and died.

Dicken had no police training or military background, according to police. He was carrying under the new “Constitutional Carry” law and did not have a permit. Police said Dicken learned to shoot from his grandfather and that he had no military or police training.

“His actions were nothing short of heroic. He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun. Was very proficient in that, was tactically sound and as he moved to close in on the suspect, he was also motioning for people to exit behind him,” Ison said about Dicken’s actions. “Many people would have died last night if not for a responsible armed citizen that took action very quickly within the first two minutes of this shooting.”

Dicken has not yet spoken with the media about the shooting. However, his lawyer Guy A. Relford released a statement on Monday that said Dicken is waiting to speak about the shooting to respect the lives lost and the police’s investigation.

The full statement can be read here:

“I am proud to serve as Eli Dicken’s attorney and spokesperson. He is a true American hero who saved countless lives during a horrific event that could have been so much worse if not for Eli’s courage, preparedness and willingness to protect others. Because we want to respect the ongoing criminal investigation by the Greenwood Police Department and take time to honor the three innocent lives lost, we won’t be making any substantive comments on Sunday’s events until after the authorities’ investigation is closed. In the interim, we ask that you respect the privacy of Eli and his family.” (read more)

A brave young man. Well done Mr. Dicken. Well done.
07-19-2022 12:09 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-18-2022 12:17 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
Quote:A man who police say went on a “violent crime spree” at three gas stations was shot and killed by a customer armed with a gun, Missouri police say.

It happened around 3:20 a.m. on Saturday, July 16, in St. Charles, just outside St. Louis. The St. Charles Police Department said the 26-year-old robbery suspect, who is from St. Louis, died at a local hospital after being shot by a witness.

The witness, also 26 years old, told police he was exiting a QuikTrip gas station when he saw the suspect abruptly pull into the parking lot and park in front of the door, according to police. The suspect carried a backpack into the convenience store and turned toward an area where a female clerk was standing.

“The suspect dragged the clerk toward the front counter while she was screaming,” police said. “The witness was able to observe the suspect holding a knife to the clerk’s throat.”

Police said the witness re-entered the store and confronted the suspect while armed with a 9 mm handgun.

“I have something for you,” the suspect told the witness as he came around the counter, according to police.

The witness then fired his gun several times at the suspect, who fell to the floor. The clerk and witness both called 911.

First responders took the suspect to the hospital, where he died, police said. His identity has not been publicly disclosed.

In the 25 minutes before he entered the QuikTrip, the suspect also robbed two other convenience stores, according to police.

At a Mobile On The Run location around 3 a.m., he assaulted a 43-year-old female clerk as he stole money from two cash registers, St. Charles police said. The clerk suffered non-life-threatening injuries from knife cuts to her left wrist, right hand and neck.

Police said that at a Mid-Town Phillips 66 store about 15 minutes later, officers discovered broken glass that indicated a burglary just happened. They were dispatched for shots fired at the QuikTrip as they were investigating the second robbery.

A 2013 Toyota Highlander the suspect was driving during the robberies was stolen earlier in July, according to police. Officers said they found stolen items from the Phillips 66 robbery in the vehicle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/customer-shoo...01150.html

good
07-19-2022 12:22 PM
450bench Offline

(07-18-2022 12:20 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Will Biden invite this guy to the white house as a hero like he did Megan Rapino???

It’d be funny if biden the idiot did invite the guy to the White House. Gives him a medal and asks him to say a few words to the press.
And turns out he’s hard-right, Trump supporting, gay black dude.
07-19-2022 01:38 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Just watched a news report. This guy fired from 40 yards and hit the suspect with 8 out of 10 rounds in under 10 seconds. I don’t care who you are, that is impressive for anyone, especially in a live fire fight. I would bet any amount that 95% of cops couldn’t hit 8 out of 10 at 40 yards even at target practice.
07-20-2022 12:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.