Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Black community leaders condemn racist attacks on Justice Clarence Thomas
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Black community leaders condemn racist attacks on Justice Clarence Thomas
Quote:Over 100 black Americans from academic and leadership backgrounds have signed an open letter condemning racist "white progressives" for a "barrage of racist, vicious, and ugly personal attacks" on Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

The letter, written by Brown University professor Glenn Loury and founder of a crime reduction nonprofit Robert Woodson Sr., denounced the racially-charged backlash that Thomas received following the overturn of Roe v. Wade.

"White progressives do not have the moral authority to excommunicate a black man from his race because they disagree with him," stated the letter published Wednesday on Real Clear Politics. "And those — regardless of background — who join in the charade or remain silent are guilty of enabling this abuse."

"Whether it is calling him a racist slur, an ‘Uncle Tom’ or questioning his ‘blackness’ over his jurisprudence, the disparagement of this man, of his faith and of his character, is abominable," the letter charged. The letter continued on to praise Thomas as a strong leader within the black community, regardless of what white progressives may think.

This strongly-worded letter comes as a response to countless racist attacks made against Thomas online and at pro-choice rallies. There have been countless instances of progressives calling the pro-life justice a "n*gger," including left-wing Canadian pollster John Corbett.

Actor Samuel L. Jackson even partook in the name-calling, referring to the nation's only current black Supreme court justice as "Uncle Clarence," a reference to the subservient slave character of Uncle Tom in Harriet Beecher Stowe's classic novel Uncle Tom's Cabin. He was met with criticism from black conservatives on Twitter.

Loury and Woodon's letter closed off with a final point:

"This is not about the content of the court’s decisions or Justice Thomas’ personal views; some of the undersigned agree with his judicial decisions and some do not. We speak out – as black people and Americans – to condemn these attacks and support Justice Thomas, because to remain silent would be to implicitly endorse these poisonous schemes as well as his destruction."

Link
07-14-2022 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sparkomemphis Offline
member of UofM Atl alumni club.

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGSkunkworksDonatorsDonators
RE: Black community leaders condemn racist attacks on Justice Clarence Thomas
Its about time conservative blacks got the same "protection" that liberal black folks get. I use black here because African American can be white, see Elon Musk.
07-16-2022 12:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
The gross overreaction against Thomas is absolutely uncalled for, especially from the white progressives that freely attack the lone black SC Justice due to his race but are careful to frame their comments about his vote.

And without question, they use his vote as a reason to blast him with racially charged attacks. And black liberals like Jackson and that racoon-faced mayor of Chicago publicly attack him as well.

This entire Roe v Wade overturn has been massively overkilled by the left. It was properly returned to the states as per the Constitution. HARD STOP.

Good letter pointing out the strong leadership and character of Justice Thomas...and timely as well.
07-16-2022 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(07-16-2022 09:11 AM)boss man Wrote:  …the white progressives that freely attack the lone black SC Justice due to his race…
Point taken, although he’s not the “lone” black SC Justice, as of 2 weeks ago…
07-16-2022 09:20 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Conservative blacks, and I suspect there are far more of them than not, really do need to step away from the democrat party. I suspect that many don't out of fear of being ostracized and then demonized for it just similar to what we've witnessed any time a black person steps out of line away from the left.
07-16-2022 09:25 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(07-16-2022 09:20 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(07-16-2022 09:11 AM)boss man Wrote:  …the white progressives that freely attack the lone black SC Justice due to his race…
Point taken, although he’s not the “lone” black SC Justice, as of 2 weeks ago…

True. Justice Brown took her seat on June 30 and didn't really participate in the various cases.

I overlooked her since the SC begins summer recess either June 30 or July 1 and it lasts until September 30. It must be nice to be off 3 full months!

They begin again on October 1, which starts the new fiscal year for the Federal Government.
07-16-2022 10:23 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(07-16-2022 10:23 AM)boss man Wrote:  the SC begins summer recess either June 30 or July 1 and it lasts until September 30. It must be nice to be off 3 full months!
In terms of work load, being a Supreme Court Justice is one of the softest, easiest gigs you can possibly imagine. And really, the appellate federal judges have an incredible life, too. There’s 9 on SCOTUS and 179 appellates, and they are about as close to a philosopher-king as it’s possible to be.

With that said, the kind of drama that Kavanaugh is dealing with is obviously neither soft nor easy. But I put that in a separate category.

Also, the district-level federal judges do have to do some very tedious work. Totally different ballgame compared to the others.
07-16-2022 10:33 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Well, republicans are the only ones that can be racist. Everyone knows that.
07-16-2022 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.