Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News The mother of the Texas school shooter speaks out:
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
The mother of the Texas school shooter speaks out:
05-27-2022 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: The mother of the Texas school shooter speaks out:
The mother of one of the Columbine shooters is a public speaker and has been on Ted Talks etc. Very insightful.

This mother needs to stop talking.
05-27-2022 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
No doubt, she's making herself and her son look bad.
05-27-2022 05:31 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(05-27-2022 05:27 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  The mother of one of the Columbine shooters is a public speaker and has been on Ted Talks etc. Very insightful.

Correct.

She needs to take her grief and hurt and keep it between family and friends. Speaking will only feed the hatred and there's really nothing she can say at this point other than I wish to God my son never reached this point. Anyone that loses a child, that they loved, no matter what they did, it wouldnt stop the hurt a parent was feeling. So as a parent I feel for her in that regard but there's nothing she can say to the parents of those 21 people that her son took their life. That is going to make them feel better about her, her son and what he was going through

Both parents need to stop talking....its not about them or their son other than the damage he caused. There's never a good enough reason for that.
05-27-2022 05:39 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Here's dad:

Father of Uvalde Shooter: ‘I Don’t Want Them Calling Him a Monster… They Don’t Know Nothing’

Quote:Salvador Ramos Sr. told the Daily Beast on Thursday, “I just want the people to know I’m sorry man, [for] what my son did.”

The 42-year-old admitted that he had not seen his son in some time due to his fears about being exposed to COVID-19. He said that his son became frustrated with his COVID concerns about a month ago and stopped speaking to him.

“I never expected my son to do something like that,” Ramos continued. “He should’ve just killed me, you know, instead of doing something like that to someone.”

Ramos told the outlet that he was working when his mother called him to tell him what was going on. He called the local jail looking for his son, before realizing what had happened.

“They killed my baby man,” he said. “I’m never gonna see my son again, just like they’re not gonna see their kids. And that hurts me.”

The Daily Beast reports that “Ramos insisted that his son was ‘a good person’ who ‘stuck to himself.'”

The father of the killer said that he wished his son had just shot him instead.

“My mom tells me he probably would have shot me too, because he would always say I didn’t love him,” he said.

The seemingly MIA parent blamed his son’s reportedly drug-addicted mother Adriana Reyes for not buying him more clothes. He said that he was often bullied at school for wearing the same pants every day. The father was, apparently, not concerned enough to buy him some himself.

Ramos told the Beast he was speaking out because “I want my son’s story out there.”

“I don’t want them calling him a monster… they don’t know nothing, man,” he said. “They don’t know anything he was going through.”
05-28-2022 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
The father is a POS. I wonder why he couldn't buy his Boy some pants; because he's a POS.
05-28-2022 01:27 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

05-28-2022 02:35 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The shooter was not a good boy, and whatever "reasons" he had were bogus.

The question, among many, that has to be asked is why did people who could have stopped him not pick up on what appear in retrospect to have been obvious warning signs.
05-28-2022 02:45 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(05-28-2022 01:27 PM)Redbanksdog Wrote:  The father is a POS. I wonder why he couldn't buy his Boy some pants; because he's a POS.

I wish he would have shot him too. Then himself. And no one would have known about it.
05-28-2022 03:00 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
If dad was so worried about not seeing his son again, then maybe he should have been a liiiiitle more involved in his life when he had the chance.
05-28-2022 03:01 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(05-28-2022 03:01 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  If dad was so worried about not seeing his son again, then maybe he should have been a liiiiitle more involved in his life when he had the chance.

The remarks his dad made about his son's cloth's, makes me wonder if he even knew his son was not attending school this year.
05-28-2022 03:05 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
The mother of the Texas school shooter speaks out:
(05-28-2022 03:05 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(05-28-2022 03:01 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  If dad was so worried about not seeing his son again, then maybe he should have been a liiiiitle more involved in his life when he had the chance.

The remarks his dad made about his son's cloth's, makes me wonder if he even knew his son was not attending school this year.

My guess is that he had zero clue.

It seems like nobody in that family was giving a shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
05-28-2022 03:10 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Reminds me of this mom from a murder in ABQ several years ago.

Teen murder suspect’s mom: ‘That’s not my fault’

Quote:ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – The two youngest teens charged with an Albuquerque bartender’s murder appeared in court Monday, but, it was the mother of one of the older suspects that had words to say to KRQE News 13’s camera and to the victim’s family outside of the courtroom.

“Was my husband’s life worth some petty cash and a $32 charge at McDonald’s?” Vinnie Gerecke, Steven Gerecke’s widow, addressed in court to the two 14-year-olds charged in her husband’s murder.Watch the full video »

Gerecke’s grieving family wants justice. Albuquerque Police said 60-year-old Steven Gerecke was shot and killed in his driveway last month after confronting a group of teens ages 14 to 17, who had just broke into his house.

“It is as much responsibility of the parents as it is the child who’s doing the crime and we want to see sentences for them too,” Vinnie Gerecke told KRQE News 13, after Monday’s court hearing.

After that statement, she was interrupted outside the courtroom.

“At age 15-years-old, they don’t have to be at your house,” said Linda Hubler. Hubler’s 15-year-old son, Andrew, is one of the six teens charged with Gerecke’s murder.

Linda Hubler said she’s sick of being blamed.

“God as my witness, you better believe it,” Hubler began, as Gerecke’s daughter stated, “My father’s dead.”

Hubler quickly responded, “Well that’s not my fault OK. I prayed about your father. I even cried about it, believe it or not,” she continued.

A security guard stepped in.

Gerecke’s family has been vocal about wanting the young murder suspects’ parents held accountable along with their teens.

“Why did you let your children run the streets at 3 a.m.?” Heather Alter, Steven Gerecke’s daughter, said during a press conference last week.

“Maybe he needs to make better choices of friends, but I don’t like the fact that she’s bashing me and my son and the parents,” said Linda Hubler.

Investigators said her son and friends were “mobbing,” breaking into random homes and cars before the shooting.

“He could be the worst person on earth, but I’m still his mom,” said Hubler.

Despite what police say happened, Andrew Hubler’s mom then pointed the finger at the victim’s own family.

Hubler said, “The mom, the daughter… they could have did it. They’re the ones that are gonna collect insurance and the houses of it. Why don’t they investigate that?”

Hubler’s mom claims her son was missing for two days at the time of the murder and that cops wouldn’t help her due to his age. However, Hubler’s record doesn’t show him reported missing.

05-28-2022 03:33 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(05-27-2022 05:27 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  The mother of one of the Columbine shooters is a public speaker and has been on Ted Talks etc. Very insightful.

She lost her son too so I imagine her thought process is not all that solid right now. That said---someone who's thinking clearly near her should tell her to she needs to stay out of the public eye. Its not going to help anyone for her to talk to reporters.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022 03:46 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-28-2022 03:45 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Just confirms what I thought from the beginning. Kid had no parents of value. The breakdown of the traditional family and faith based values is causing this mess. More to come.
05-29-2022 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.