Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gas Prices?!
scorpius Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Gas Prices?!
What are we? 12?

Blaming gas prices on Biden after less than 2 years in office means you'd have no problem blaming George W Bush on even higher (the highest ever recorded in the U.S.) inflation-adjusted gas prices in 2008 when he was in office for over 7 years, right?

Back in 2012, I predicted that the summer of 2008 will end up being the highest, inflation-adjusted, oil will ever get. That was peak-oil. But like I said in the original prediction, the only way it doesn't happen is if there is a supply shock from some place like Iran. Russia playing an Iran on us is the same difference. 03-shhhh Regardless, I still stand behind that prediction. I highly doubt despite the current Russia problem, we ever go beyond the highs of 2008 after 7 years of Bush.

My prediction back in 2012:
https://csnbbs.com/thread-578098-post-80...pid8070871

As you can see in the graphs below, we're no where near peak inflation-adjusted oil prices set back 2008. Gas peaked at about $5.50 (inflation-adjusted) back then after 7 years of Bush. We're only at $4.60 now. I'm calling it, I still don't think we go over the Bush 2008 peak even in domestic average gas prices unless the Russia situation gets dramatically worse.. which I highly doubt.

Either way, common sense say Bush had little to do with inflation back then, and Biden has even less influence on it today than Bush did back then. Presidents historically have no significant short-term effect on inflation. It would take a whole term in office before having any hope to have any meaningful impact, and even that is unlikely.

[Image: Crude-oil-price-history-chart-2022.webp]

[Image: twip220525fig1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2022 03:04 AM by scorpius.)
05-27-2022 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
RE: Gas Prices?!
Remains to be seen. I'm not wholly optimistic.
05-27-2022 03:11 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
Wow, you would think you didnt know what happened after that... No more Bushs in the White House... Bye Bye ole Jeb.

8 years of Obama.

Let's see how these gas prices help dems keep office this go around.
05-27-2022 07:01 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Who wanted the country shut down for a year?
05-27-2022 07:03 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
It's amazing a President shuts down all domestic oil production and then begs other countries for oil, but he's not at fault. Hot take.
05-27-2022 07:21 AM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
Gas Prices?!
GWB was an abject failure of a president. Imagine think that if you're anti Biden that must mean you're pro Bush. Lol.
Next!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2022 08:03 AM by b2b.)
05-27-2022 07:21 AM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(05-27-2022 07:21 AM)gdunn Wrote:  It's amazing a President shuts down all domestic oil production and then begs other countries for oil, but he's not at fault. Hot take.

Putin price hike 03-lmfao

This must be some new idiotic leftist talking point to deflect blame away from the disaster that Dementia Joe is in the Oval Office.
05-27-2022 07:30 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Gas prices were much lower under Trump. I guess that was just coincidence.
05-27-2022 07:44 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Biden could build concentration camps and scorpius would be on here praising him for all the free housing he's providing.
05-27-2022 07:48 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Expect to see more of this nonsense the closer we get to midterms. It's going to be silly the lengths the D's are going to go to deflect from current economic conditions.
05-27-2022 07:58 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
You are on a roll. Just when I thought you couldn't outdo yourself you come along with something at least as idiotic as the tripe you've been posting all week. You must be on vacation or you have become emboldened by the lefts eagerness to come out from behind the veil of deflection and non-transparency they were forced to wear during the sane years of the Trump presidency. You see that your comrades have all just come right out and admitted their true agendas, thinking that the vast majority of people won't notice and actually support your marxisms. We have noticed, your boys term won't ever be renewed.

I'll be willing to bet on it. I'd even be willing to bet they can run anyone they want in the next national election and they won't renew their grip on the executive office. If the dems win I will never post here again, if the lose you slink back into the darkness and never come here again, bet?

Of course that assumes that we will have a free and fair election...
05-27-2022 08:01 AM
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(05-27-2022 08:01 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  You are on a roll. Just when I thought you couldn't outdo yourself you come along with something at least as idiotic as the tripe you've been posting all week. You must be on vacation or you have become emboldened by the lefts eagerness to come out from behind the veil of deflection and non-transparency they were forced to wear during the sane years of the Trump presidency. You see that your comrades have all just come right out and admitted their true agendas, thinking that the vast majority of people won't notice and actually support your marxisms. We have noticed, your boys term won't ever be renewed.

I'll be willing to bet on it. I'd even be willing to bet they can run anyone they want in the next national election and they won't renew their grip on the executive office. If the dems win I will never post here again, if the lose you slink back into the darkness and never come here again, bet?

If Republicans dont ensure a free and fair election then they deserve getting cheated again. We all know there will be as much cheating as people can get away with.
05-27-2022 08:04 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

(05-27-2022 07:58 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Expect to see more of this nonsense the closer we get to midterms. It's going to be silly the lengths the D's are going to go to deflect from current economic conditions.

Crazy aint it, he is trying to justify the huge jump in gas prices using inflation brought on by the insane economic decisions made my this administration. Circular logic at its worst.

Paraphrased: Gas prices are no higher than in the Bush years IF you adjust for inflation (caused by this administration)...
05-27-2022 08:05 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(05-27-2022 08:05 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(05-27-2022 07:58 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Expect to see more of this nonsense the closer we get to midterms. It's going to be silly the lengths the D's are going to go to deflect from current economic conditions.

Crazy aint it, he is trying to justify the huge jump in gas prices using inflation brought on by the insane economic decisions made my this administration. Circular logic at its worst.

Paraphrased: Gas prices are no higher than in the Bush years IF you adjust for inflation (caused by this administration)...

TBH, I don't think it's ALL Biden's fault as buckets of money were handed out before he took office and geopolitical events aren't helping. Now, to totally deflect some blame and blame others for the entire cluster fk is desperation 101 due to upcoming midterms. It's ALWAYS the economy. ALWAYS.
05-27-2022 08:13 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

(05-27-2022 08:04 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(05-27-2022 08:01 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  You are on a roll. Just when I thought you couldn't outdo yourself you come along with something at least as idiotic as the tripe you've been posting all week. You must be on vacation or you have become emboldened by the lefts eagerness to come out from behind the veil of deflection and non-transparency they were forced to wear during the sane years of the Trump presidency. You see that your comrades have all just come right out and admitted their true agendas, thinking that the vast majority of people won't notice and actually support your marxisms. We have noticed, your boys term won't ever be renewed.

If Republicans dont ensure a free and fair election then they deserve getting cheated again. We all know there will be as much cheating as people can get away with.

I don't disagree with that and I don't have any reason to think they will adequately address the issue, it gives them an excuse for sitting on their hands raking in the dough...

It wouldn't hurt my feelings for the entire beltway to be nuked into oblivion if it wasn't for the fact that they'd simply be replaced with equally corrupt individuals.
05-27-2022 08:16 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-27-2022 08:04 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  If Republicans dont ensure a free and fair election then they deserve getting cheated again. We all know there will be as much cheating as people can get away with.

And when there are no adequate detection and prevention controls, as much as they can get away with is quite a lot.
05-27-2022 08:22 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

(05-27-2022 08:13 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

TBH, I don't think it's ALL Biden's fault as buckets of money were handed out before he took office and geopolitical events aren't helping. Now, to totally deflect some blame and blame others for the entire cluster fk is desperation 101 due to upcoming midterms. It's ALWAYS the economy. ALWAYS.

You're right, he wasn't in office when the plandemic hit and he didn't start the massive outlay of stimulus money. Not one damn thing he's (they've) done since taking office has alleviated any of it though. The key takeaway for me is that the pandemic was a planned event designed to illicit the exact results we see today. Whether that can be laid strictly at the feet of democrat communists, globalists, wealthy elites, whatever, or not is debatable I suppose but it had the desired effect of removing the primary obstacle to their plans, Donald Trump, and it opened up the floodgates for everything that has followed and continues to follow.
05-27-2022 08:36 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(05-27-2022 08:36 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

You're right, he wasn't in office when the plandemic hit and he didn't start the massive outlay of stimulus money. Not one damn thing he's (they've) done since taking office has alleviated any of it though. The key takeaway for me is that the pandemic was a planned event designed to illicit the exact results we see today. Whether that can be laid strictly at the feet of democrat communists, globalists, wealthy elites, whatever, or not is debatable I suppose but it had the desired effect of removing the primary obstacle to their plans, Donald Trump, and it opened up the floodgates for everything that has followed and continues to follow.

i agree with the bold; however, not sold on the whole "planned event" thing but can see why some would lean that way. What gets me is even when inflation is an obvious national problem, the D's STILL want to spend massive amounts of money. It's like none of them have ever taken an econ course.
05-27-2022 08:39 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

(05-27-2022 08:39 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(05-27-2022 08:36 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

i agree with the bold; however, not sold on the whole "planned event" thing but can see why some would lean that way. What gets me is even when inflation is an obvious national problem, the D's STILL want to spend massive amounts of money. It's like none of them have ever taken an econ course.

We can agree to disagree. NONE of what we see occurring is happening by accident.

I am just now recovering from my 3rd bout of the superflu, you can't tell me this bug wasn't engineered in a lab with these intended consequences and that world governments aren't behind it.

I know it's fantastical but it IS occurring.
05-27-2022 08:44 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(05-27-2022 02:59 AM)scorpius Wrote:  What are we? 12?

Are you pregnant yet?
05-27-2022 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.