Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: I need a good lawyer
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
OT: I need a good lawyer
Hey guys, I didn't know where to put this one, so I came to the Spin Room.

Anyone got a good tip for me to find a good lawyer? I'm suing a major corporation over something they removed from their website that I placed there (that's about all you'll get for details, I don't want someone to beat me to the punch). Not sure if this involves copyright law or not but it also involves pain & suffering/emotional distress, mental health (that they agitated) and damages (the content removed may have been worth some money to me).

Obviously, many lawyers are personal injury attorneys and I don't need someone like that. I need someone used to suing major corporations. Thanks in advance.
04-25-2022 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: OT: I need a good lawyer
(04-25-2022 08:48 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Hey guys, I didn't know where to put this one, so I came to the Spin Room.

Anyone got a good tip for me to find a good lawyer? I'm suing a major corporation over something they removed from their website that I placed there (that's about all you'll get for details, I don't want someone to beat me to the punch). Not sure if this involves copyright law or not but it also involves pain & suffering/emotional distress, mental health (that they agitated) and damages (the content removed may have been worth some money to me).

Obviously, many lawyers are personal injury attorneys and I don't need someone like that. I need someone used to suing major corporations. Thanks in advance.

Wish I could help. Best of luck to you.
04-25-2022 08:51 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
You can search for corporate litigation firms in your market. The issue is that most don’t like taking cases against big companies they would like to someday have as a client. You may actually want to talk to a well regarded “ambulance chasing” (also know as medical malpractice) firm. They won’t take the case but can probably refer you to someone who, like them, fights big guys for a living.
04-25-2022 09:10 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Can’t help but I’m #Team_C2_

Keep us updated.
04-25-2022 09:27 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
To sue a big corporation you’re probably going to have to find a big law agency. They’re going to have to front a lot of money to bring the case to trial and hope to not only recoup it, but also hope to make money on your case.
04-25-2022 11:18 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I know it is a running joke and all... Morgan and Morgan
04-25-2022 11:23 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Here is your man Jim Adler The Texas Hammer. LOL What a joke . Ambulance chaser.

In all seriousness this probably a case from someone like Vinson & Elkins. I’vee heard people talk about them as folks who have clout. They may be large and impersonal able. I don’t know. Same with Fulbright & Jaworski.

Good luck. You definitely need a bulldog who will take the case on a percentage unless tour independently wealthy otherwise your bank account will be like a giant sucking noise of your bathtub draining.
04-26-2022 05:28 AM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(04-25-2022 08:48 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  Hey guys, I didn't know where to put this one, so I came to the Spin Room.

Are we talking about a product they were selling on the website? Or something you posted on the website? Did you have a contract with them to have it on the website? Does the terms of service agreement give the website the authority to remove stuff at will?

My only advice would be to pick a large firm (who handles business litigation) in the local area you intend to file suit in. So of you plan to file in Houston, a large reputable firm in Houston. Local lawyers have some home field advantage in that they know the local customs and know the judges etc.
04-26-2022 06:17 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-25-2022 11:18 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  To sue a big corporation you’re probably going to have to find a big law agency. They’re going to have to front a lot of money to bring the case to trial and hope to not only recoup it, but also hope to make money on your case.
This.

Suing “a big corporation” is not something a small firm can competently do, except in just extremely rare circumstances.

Sounds like you need a firm that is well-versed in Intellectual Property. Most law-firms have Zero experience with that, because so few cases need that kind of expertise.
04-26-2022 06:34 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Hit up TerryD on the ACC board. He’s a recently retired attorney and might be able to point you in the right direction.
04-26-2022 07:28 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-26-2022 06:17 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  

Are we talking about a product they were selling on the website? Or something you posted on the website? Did you have a contract with them to have it on the website? Does the terms of service agreement give the website the authority to remove stuff at will?

My only advice would be to pick a large firm (who handles business litigation) in the local area you intend to file suit in. So of you plan to file in Houston, a large reputable firm in Houston. Local lawyers have some home field advantage in that they know the local customs and know the judges etc.

And remember that a lot of these attorneys are total sleazebags. You have to be really sure you want to do this before you deal with attorneys.
04-26-2022 10:33 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
If its patent work, there are a number of patent attorneys on the Rice board.
04-26-2022 10:42 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
(04-26-2022 07:28 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Hit up TerryD on the ACC board. He’s a recently retired attorney and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Will do.
04-26-2022 11:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.