Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News 'Libs of TikTok' Account Responds Accordingly After Formerly Tearful WaPo 'Reporter'
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
'Libs of TikTok' Account Responds Accordingly After Formerly Tearful WaPo 'Reporter'
Quote:Washington Post “technology columnist/reporter” Taylor Lorenz made waves earlier this month when she appeared on MSNBC for an interview in which she proclaimed personal information about her had been shared online. Because of that, she tearfully claimed she had “severe PTSD” and had contemplated suicide due to the amount of online harassment she alleges she’s received as a result of doing her job – which, in a nutshell, involves the online harassment of social media users, some of who post anonymously out of fear of retribution from their opposition and/or their employers.

For those who missed that video clip, watch:

Lorenz, whose responsibilities seem to include trying to become buddy-buddy with the troubled teenage children of famous political figures, has become infamous for simultaneously portraying herself as a victim while at the same time victimizing others via witchhunt campaigns designed to name and shame people who post politically incorrect viewpoints. When Fox News host Tucker Carlson blistered Lorenz (who at the time worked for the NYT) in March 2021 over her trying to have it both ways, the Usual Suspects jumped into action by accusing him of “misogyny” and then trotted out dumb “words are violence” arguments to defend themselves.

Now here we are, two weeks after Lorenz’s MSNBC segment on online harassment went viral, and she’s out with her latest piece – where we learn that she doxxed the popular “Libs of Tik Tok” Twitter account, going so far as to track down family members of the person who runs the account:

What the Libs of Tik Tok account does, in a nutshell, is to simply find videos posted on the TikTok social media platform by bat-crap crazy far-left teachers and others in similar positions of influence in local communities and repost them to the LoTT Twitter account. They’ve been suppressed and suspended a number times by the Twitter Powers That Be and are now being targeted by so-called journalists as well.

For the apparent crime of simply amplifying the wacko rantings and ravings – and calls to action – of the radical left that were already out there, Taylor Lorenz, who has stated on a number of occasions that online harassment is the sharing of personal information online is never okay, sought to punish them – with the blessing of the higher-ups at the Washington Post (language warning):

As I write this, Lorenz is trying to defend herself on Twitter by disingenuously suggesting the information on LoTT was already publicly available, but for some reason she has yet to explain why she felt it was also necessary to track down family members of the person behind the LoTT account as well. Perhaps the family members are teenagers, since that vulnerable age group seems to be essential for Lorenz to get close to in order to obtain information regarding the “stories” she seeks. She has also yet to explain how revealing the person’s real name behind the account is in the vital interests of the public good (which is supposed to be the basis for such stories), perhaps because she can’t.

LoTT assured readers and viewers that they were in a safe location following the publishing of the report on their account, and has vowed to come back stronger than ever, which is good to hear. What’s not good to know is that Lorenz, who two weeks ago practically begged people to be sympathetic to her alleged online harassment plight, still obviously thinks it’s ok to hold herself to a different standard than the one to which she holds others.

But as my colleague Bonchie once previously (and correctly) pointed out, journalists – especially those in Lorenz’s line of work – don’t get to have it both ways. “Journalists desperately want to live under different rules than they apply to normal Americans,” he wrote. “It is up to the rest of us to make sure they don’t get to have that double standard.”

And as Politibunny at our sister site Twitchy observed about the content LoTT shares, “If you don’t like @libsoftiktok posting your insanely awful videos then maybe stop recording and sharing insanely awful videos. She isn’t making you look stupid, you’re doing that all on your own.”

The woman has a point.

Exposing these people is the best medicine and reveling in their despair in their social media melt downs is its own reward.

04-19-2022 12:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: 'Libs of TikTok' Account Responds Accordingly After Formerly Tearful WaPo 'Reporter'
If "journalists" like this person (I won't assume it's pronouns) put as much effort into investigating Hunter Biden's laptop and links to Ukraine/China as it did in trying to get a private citizen harmed or murdered for retweeting publicly available TikToks; we might not have runaway inflation, a war in Ukraine, or several other major issues we now face because of poor leadership. Ironically, we would have mean Tweets though, so win?
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022 02:03 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
04-19-2022 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: 'Libs of TikTok' Account Responds Accordingly After Formerly Tearful WaPo 'Reporter'
This is why America overwhelming hates the MSM.
04-19-2022 02:04 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Sue the WP and her personally into oblivion. That might get her attention and get her to realize what she is doing is wrong. Bring the pain.
04-19-2022 02:09 PM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-19-2022 02:04 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  This is why America overwhelming hates the MSM.

Well this is one reason. There are dozens of reasons.
04-19-2022 02:14 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

04-19-2022 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Both these parties will come out better than they were yesterday.
04-19-2022 10:10 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-19-2022 10:10 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Both these parties will come out better than they were yesterday.
Libs of TikTok has their #s going up and apparently she signed a deal with Babylon Bee, so yeah I guess that’s not bad for a day’s work. But how is WaPo/Lorenz better off?
04-19-2022 10:15 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

(04-19-2022 10:15 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(04-19-2022 10:10 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Both these parties will come out better than they were yesterday.
Libs of TikTok has their #s going up and apparently she signed a deal with Babylon Bee, so yeah I guess that’s not bad for a day’s work. But how is WaPo/Lorenz better off?

I'm sure her fellow journalists have rushed to her defense. I'm sure she's being lauded for her excellent journalism. I also don't think they get sued, so they got their trending for the day.
04-19-2022 10:19 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Washington Post has proved itself to be the best yellow journalism money can buy with the New York Times staying a close second. National Enquirer can no longer make list as they have been crowded out by propaganda loving MSM.
04-19-2022 11:14 PM
ericsrevenge76 Online
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(04-19-2022 10:19 PM)fsquid Wrote:  

I'm sure her fellow journalists have rushed to her defense. I'm sure she's being lauded for her excellent journalism. I also don't think they get sued, so they got their trending for the day.

What that Taylor Lorenz is doing is disgusting and dishonest and as low as it gets for someone pretending to be a journalist.

You could at least have the courage to point that out instead of pretending like the two sides are the same, they are not.
04-20-2022 12:11 AM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
eric is right, here squid. The only way that WaPo/Lorenz emerge “better” from this mess is if their agenda is not “journalism” in the standard sense of pursuit and dissemination of the truth, but instead “journalism” meaning advancing a sick progressive agenda. And if the latter, then they both succeeded only as kamikaze pilots in the cause.

Thanks to the Bezos safety net, WaPo doesn’t care financially. I cancelled my subscription decades ago and I can’t do it again. But its institutional reputation is toast. The paper that once balanced its liberal tilt with actual intellects like James Kilpatrick and Charles Krauthammer now boasts Jennifer Rubin and Max Boot as their “conservatives”. It’s a mix of comical and insulting, and there’s no repairing that damage, at least not in my remaining lifetime.

Taylor Lorenz is even worse off. Her ability to be viewed as a legitimate reporter is done. It should have been done long ago, but most of the public didn’t know who she was. Now they do. Sadly for her, CNN is dying and there are only so many MSNBC slots available for the lying-white-woman demographic. Ginger Goebbels likely took the last one.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022 06:52 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
04-20-2022 05:00 AM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
In today's edition of "A stunning lack of self awareness....." we present Taylor Lorenz.
04-20-2022 06:18 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022 11:16 AM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-20-2022 11:05 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Taylor Lorenz's Vicious Doxxing of 'Libs of Tik Tok' Claims Yet Another Victim

Quote:The Washington Post‘s Taylor Lorenz doxed the person behind the Twitter account Libs of TikTok (LoTT) because she dared to re-post public videos that people on the left posted about themselves. The crime? Showing how radical the left truly has become. That’s something that the left doesn’t want Americans to see, because if Americans see what the left supports, they would never win another election. That’s why they targeted LoTT.

The WaPo even published her name, her profession, and the city where she practices, as well as originally publishing a link to her associated address. They later deleted the link, after the backlash from the story hit.

Then they lied about it, said her name was public and that they didn’t “publish or link to any details of her personal life.”

In an example of karma — you put evil out there and it bounces back on you — while LoTT has come under a lot of attack from people on the left, she now has gained more than 247,000 followers over the past couple of days. LoTT’s account now has almost 879,000 followers — and has an offer from the Babylon Bee that will enable her to do this full time.

Meanwhile, Lorenz is acting like she’s the victim in all this.

Lorenz doxed LoTT and sicced a ton of people on her. She put this all in motion, not caring who she hurt in the process or what might happen to LoTT. Lorenz is not the victim here. Nor are the people on the left who posted their own public videos “victims” here either.

But LoTT isn’t the only victim here. Because of what the WaPo and Lorenz did, now another woman with the same name in Los Angeles is getting death threats and is being harassed by leftists.

Indeed, a third person with the name is also being harassed as well.

This is what the WaPo and Taylor Lorenz started.

Lorenz is now trying to get out of it.

But she put everyone with that name and everyone around them at risk — including the correct person — whom she is still attacking. Notice Lorenz doesn’t care at all about how much that real person is hurt. Too late, you can’t try to back out of this — now that you put it in motion, it’s all on you.
04-20-2022 03:51 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(04-19-2022 11:14 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Washington Post has proved itself to be the best yellow journalism money can buy with the New York Times staying a close second. National Enquirer can no longer make list as they have been crowded out by propaganda loving MSM.

Keep in mind, it was the national enquirer who broke the John Edwards love child story. Non of the other left wing rags wanted to touch it.
04-20-2022 04:36 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

(04-20-2022 12:11 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

What that Taylor Lorenz is doing is disgusting and dishonest and as low as it gets for someone pretending to be a journalist.

You could at least have the courage to point that out instead of pretending like the two sides are the same, they are not.

I disagree, once the woman went on TV (even anonymously) and her videos were featured on many a show, she became a public figure whether she liked it or not. I say this as someone who loves that Twitter handle.

Now, she is smart and never lets a crisis go to waste, so she's started a subscriber service. But, next time, sign up for the domain using a fake name and a burner email.
04-20-2022 04:56 PM
ericsrevenge76 Online
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(04-20-2022 04:56 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
(04-20-2022 12:11 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

I disagree, once the woman went on TV (even anonymously) and her videos were featured on many a show, she became a public figure whether she liked it or not. I say this as someone who loves that Twitter handle.

Now, she is smart and never lets a crisis go to waste, so she's started a subscriber service. But, next time, sign up for the domain using a fake name and a burner email.

Not surprising you disagree, you are on the wrong side of almost everything but try to cover it up through humor and sarcasm.

What Taylor Lorenz is doing is disgusting and evil. What the loTT woman is doing is not.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense and moral can see the difference.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022 05:36 PM by ericsrevenge76.)
04-20-2022 05:35 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(04-20-2022 05:00 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  The paper that once balanced its liberal tilt with actual intellects like James Kilpatrick and Charles Krauthammer now boasts Jennifer Rubin and Max Boot as their “conservatives”.
That is a brutal comparison.
04-20-2022 05:47 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: 'Libs of TikTok' Account Responds Accordingly
Taylor's antics were like free advertising for Libs of Tik Tok. Kind of boomeranged on her. 03-lmfao

Libs of TikTok has Gained 300,000 Followers Since Taylor Lorenz Hit Piece

Quote:The Libs of TikTok Twitter account is approaching one million followers after Washington Post reporter Taylor Lorenz exposed her identity in a hit piece. The account has gained more than 300,000 followers since the piece was released earlier this week.

Libs of TikTok has become wildly popular for simply acting as a mirror for leftist insanity. The account shares videos, tweets and other documents of anything from liberals naming their cat after Dr. Anthony Fauci to sexual content being taught to kindergartners.

The account has been instrumental in shining a light on leftist indoctrination efforts in public schools, which no doubt led to the Lorenz hit piece.

https://nationalfile.com/libs-of-tiktok-...hit-piece/
04-24-2022 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.