Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Negotiations? CNN: The two sides agree to meet at Belarus border Monday, Zelensky’s…
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
Negotiations? CNN: The two sides agree to meet at Belarus border Monday, Zelensky’s…
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukr...index.html

“Talks between Russian and Ukrainian delegations will take place Monday on the Ukrainian-Belarusian border, President Zelensky's office says.”
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2022 11:45 AM by natibeast2.0.)
02-27-2022 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
RE: Negotiations? The two sides agree to meet at Belarus border Monday, Zelensky’s…
It is encouraging, but seems Zelensky is setting the expectations low -

7m ago
17:05
Reuters is quoting Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy saying he will use every opportunity to secure peace, ahead of talks planned between Russian and Ukrainian representatives close to the Belarus border.

“I do not really believe in the outcome of this meeting, but let them try so that later not a single citizen of Ukraine has any doubt that I, as President, tried to stop the war, when there was even a small, but still a chance,” Zelenskiy said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2...9c41a744aa

I also just heard the Ukrainian ambassador to the US state that President Zelensky will NOT be part of the delegation personally. I think that's wise, "accidents" can happen.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2022 12:17 PM by Gamenole.)
02-27-2022 12:14 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Also there are reports that Russia during the truce is sending Chechnya into Ukraine.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
02-27-2022 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
No freaking way should Zylensky go anywhere near a Belarus or anything he’d need to fly to.

Suicide flight.

The free people of Ukraine will never prevail in a war with Russia.
But they may be able to win a “stalemate”.

Appears to be working thus far, but I’ve not heard/read much today. Tending to the west forty instead…
02-27-2022 12:52 PM
hburg Offline

So with negotiations, Belarus fires a missile into Ukraine hitting a Ukrainian airport.

02-27-2022 01:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Negotiations? CNN: The two sides agree to meet at Belarus border Monday, Zelensky’s…
Dont drink the wine.
02-27-2022 02:38 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Negotiations? CNN: The two sides agree to meet at Belarus border Monday, Zelensky’s…
(02-27-2022 02:38 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Dont drink the wine.

Dont touch nuthin.
02-27-2022 02:41 PM
hburg Offline

This tweet was just deleted

[Image: 7a48122fdd28ce0875d764d6c1d893ee.jpg]

02-27-2022 02:44 PM
hburg Offline

According to reports the peace talks near Belarus have failed as expected. The fighting has intensified. Sounds like Russia may be taking control over the coastal areas.

Also according to reports. Moscow issued a statement to Europe stating that the helping of Ukraine will have dire consequences.

Also reported that Russian missiles continue to target civilian buildings. Russia has closed its airspace to Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and 23 other countries per reports.

EDIT: Thanks 49rFootballNow for the below callout 03-wink. Corrected it for better accuracy
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022 09:54 AM by hburg.)
02-28-2022 09:29 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-28-2022 09:29 AM)hburg Wrote:  and 223 other countries per reports.

LOL, so Russia has closed it's borders to Earth. Good to know.
02-28-2022 09:38 AM
hburg Offline

oops meant 23 others haha.
02-28-2022 09:53 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-28-2022 09:29 AM)hburg Wrote:  According to reports the peace talks near Belarus have failed as expected. The fighting has intensified. Sounds like Russia may be taking control over the coastal areas.

Also according to reports. Moscow issued a statement to Europe stating that the helping of Ukraine will have dire consequences.

Also reported that Russian missiles continue to target civilian buildings. Russia has closed its airspace to Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and 23 other countries per reports.

EDIT: Thanks 49rFootballNow for the below callout 03-wink. Corrected it for better accuracy

Sounds like they've been dropping cluster munitions today onto residential and commercial areas of Kharkiv...looking more and more like what they did in Chechnya and Georgia as the day's go on. Encirclement and indiscriminate bombardment...then roll over the rubble.
02-28-2022 10:00 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-27-2022 12:47 PM)hburg Wrote:  Also there are reports that Russia during the truce is sending Chechnya into Ukraine.

I wonder if it will work out better than it did when they sent Chechen operatives last week.

Ukrainian forces destroy convoy of 56 Chechen tanks, kill general near Kyiv – report

Quote:The column was reportedly deployed by Russia to ‘capture and kill’ Ukraine’s leaders, including President Zelensky, using infamous ‘deck of cards’ system

Quote:According to the report, which the outlet said was confirmed by the Ukrainian President’s Office, the attack killed top Chechen general Magomed Tushayev, head of the 141 motorized regiment of the Chechnya National Guard.
02-28-2022 10:05 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Transcript from today's Negotiations:

Russia: "Surrender your nation to us and we will let the women and children live."

Ukraine: "Or, we can just keep destroying your old hardware for you until you get tired of Putin or run out of money."
02-28-2022 10:06 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(02-28-2022 10:06 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Transcript from today's Negotiations:

Russia: "Surrender your nation to us and we will let the women and children live."

Ukraine: "Or, we can just keep destroying your old hardware for you until you get tired of Putin or run out of money."

If there's one thing this has shown, it's that Russia is definitely not the conventional military threat many pegged them to be. Heavy reliance on the Mutually Assured Destruction Doctrine and Nuclear Deterrent...Vladdy isn't going to be able to save face after this, especially with the regional economy looking more and more like a crash than even a recession with early market indicators. Makes you wonder if this will be the war to end war, or at least blatant aggressive military acts, shoeing in a new societal era of economic warfare instead of conventional warfare.
02-28-2022 10:14 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-28-2022 10:14 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(02-28-2022 10:06 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  Transcript from today's Negotiations:

If there's one thing this has shown, it's that Russia is definitely not the conventional military threat many pegged them to be. Heavy reliance on the Mutually Assured Destruction Doctrine and Nuclear Deterrent...Vladdy isn't going to be able to save face after this, especially with the regional economy looking more and more like a crash than even a recession with early market indicators. Makes you wonder if this will be the war to end war, or at least blatant aggressive military acts, shoeing in a new societal era of economic warfare instead of conventional warfare.

Its only been a few days. Maybe they get bogged down. Or maybe they finish this off in a few weeks (and then suffer a decades long insurgency).
02-28-2022 11:02 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

I’m worried having their entire economy go all WWI Dr. Zhivago junk bond will make him more desperate and more willing to lob one to tell the world to back the F off.

When Russians can’t feed themselves due to the crash his head will be on the block. He’s not going to allow that.
02-28-2022 11:06 AM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

(02-28-2022 11:06 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

I’m worried having their entire economy go all WWI Dr. Zhivago junk bond will make him more desperate and more willing to lob one to tell the world to back the F off.

When Russians can’t feed themselves due to the crash his head will be on the block. He’s not going to allow that.

Yeah, he has clearly rounded the corner into button pressing madman territory from everything we're seeing. My hope is that the people actually pressing those buttons have cooler heads and realize what it all means if it happens.
02-28-2022 11:23 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(02-28-2022 11:02 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Its only been a few days. Maybe they get bogged down. Or maybe they finish this off in a few weeks (and then suffer a decades long insurgency).

No doubt that the Russians will eventually get their objectives if thats all they care about. The only thing in doubt when it comes to the final outcome is the cost of attaining those goals. I think the Russians were expecting this to be much more like Crimea than a Chechen War. The cost in lives and equipment is already more than was expected---I suspect the financial cost has exceeded the estimates as well.
02-28-2022 11:32 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

I chalk this up to more of a strategic misstep by Putin than evidence that Russia has lost a step in terms of military capabilities. I think he drastically underestimated Ukrainian resolve and thought a first wave attack of older military tech and equipment could get the job done while more modern weaponry was kept off the battlefield.
02-28-2022 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.