Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News VA Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears: Lawlessness 'coming from the highest levels'
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
VA Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears: Lawlessness 'coming from the highest levels'
Quote:Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears argued on Sunday that lawlessness in America is "coming from the highest levels," explaining that she believes it is "from the presidency on down where there is no leadership."

Sears made the argument during an exclusive interview with "Sunday Morning Futures," telling host Maria Bartiromo that she believes there is a "vacuum" and that leaders "seem to be following what’s happening on the streets."

"That’s not going to work for anyone because the leader has to lead. That’s why they’re called leaders and they have to show the right way, the righteous way," Sears told Bartiromo.

"There is right and wrong, and you can’t look at what’s happening in the streets and smash-and-grab and say, ‘Well, it’s just social justice.’ No, it’s theft, and it’s destroying our economy."

Sears was referencing the wave of retail thefts taking place in cities across the country in recent months, with thieves stealing everything from luxury goods to eyeglasses.

More than half of retailers nationwide, 57%, said that there has been more organized retail crime since the coronavirus pandemic began, according to a survey conducted last year by the National Retail Federation.

Sears argued on Sunday that current leaders "follow the polls and they don’t have a righteous bone in their body." She encouraged them to lead properly.

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin issued an executive order in January banning mask mandates in schools. The order now faces multiple court challenges, but last week, a bipartisan group of Virginia lawmakers moved to end mask mandates in the state's schools.

A group of 10 State Senate Democrats voted with Republicans for an amendment that would allow parents to opt their children out of masking in schools, a rule that aligns with the Youngkin order, which was signed on his first day in office last month.

Several other states have also moved to eliminate mask requirements in the past few weeks.

"The governor fulfilled his campaign promise and he told everybody if you want to wear a mask, wear a mask, but allow the parents to make that decision for their own children because, as far as we can tell, the children still belong to their parents. They don’t belong to the state, not just yet, not if we can help it," Sears said on Sunday.

"Some parents filed issues with it, and now we have a bill that’s going through and it looks like it will fully pass, and we’ll have a law here that parents will make that decision after all."

Sears was sworn in as the first Black woman – and first woman in general– to hold her position, just days before Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Sears, a Jamaican immigrant who came to the U.S. when she was six years old, hopes that children today can find inspiration from her own experiences.

"Here I am second in command of the former capital of the Confederacy," she noted on Sunday, stressing that "no one can say then that we haven’t gotten a long way from where we started."

"And furthermore I’m an immigrant. I wasn’t even born in America. And look, America has given me opportunities to succeed," she continued.

She acknowledged that there have been problems in the past, including slavery and segregation, "but here I sit to say we are not back in those days." Sears also acknowledged that there are still problems and stated that America is overcoming those challenges.

[Image: winsome_sears.jpg]

linky: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgini...est-levels
02-23-2022 12:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
VA Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears: Lawlessness 'coming from the highest levels'
She is great

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
02-23-2022 06:39 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
RE: VA Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears: Lawlessness 'coming from the highest levels'
I'm not a fan of her politics, but absolutely proud that the Commonwealth has elected a black woman as Lieutenant Governor because a majority of the voters felt she was the best candidate for the job. Virginia has come a long way from Jim Crow and Loving v. Virginia, and Lt. Governor Sears may have a bright future in the GOP.
02-23-2022 08:59 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-23-2022 08:59 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  I'm not a fan of her politics, but absolutely proud that the Commonwealth has elected a black woman as Lieutenant Governor because a majority of the voters felt she was the best candidate for the job. Virginia has come a long way from Jim Crow and Loving v. Virginia, and Lt. Governor Sears may have a bright future in the GOP.

Very virtuous of you.
02-23-2022 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Is there a way an exception could be made to allow her to run for President
02-23-2022 09:34 PM
Advertisement

Gamenole Offline
All American

(02-23-2022 09:34 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Is there a way an exception could be made to allow her to run for President

It would take a constitutional amendment, so not going to happen anytime soon. The only way I could see an amendment like that making it through would be if both parties thought they had an ideal candidate moving up through their ranks at the same time, and neither the Republican nor the Democrat was a natural-born citizen.
02-23-2022 09:45 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-23-2022 09:34 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Is there a way an exception could be made to allow her to run for President

No.

But she could be a senator or representative, or even a cabinet member with the proviso that she would be skipped over for presidential succession.
02-23-2022 09:49 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(02-23-2022 09:25 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(02-23-2022 08:59 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  I'm not a fan of her politics, but absolutely proud that the Commonwealth has elected a black woman as Lieutenant Governor because a majority of the voters felt she was the best candidate for the job. Virginia has come a long way from Jim Crow and Loving v. Virginia, and Lt. Governor Sears may have a bright future in the GOP.

Very virtuous of you.

More like condescending.
02-24-2022 06:46 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-24-2022 06:46 AM)appst89 Wrote:  

Very virtuous of you.

More like condescending.

racist even if you think about it
02-24-2022 08:12 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(02-24-2022 08:12 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Very virtuous of you.

More like condescending.

JFC..... Again with the adjectives. You should be proud of the commonwealth for electing the best candidate for the job - period.

I would elect a pigeon if it was the best candidate - NOT BECAUSE it was a pigeon.
02-24-2022 09:07 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-24-2022 09:07 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

Very virtuous of you.

More like condescending.

JFC..... Again with the adjectives. You should be proud of the commonwealth for electing the best candidate for the job - period.

I would elect a pigeon if it was the best candidate - NOT BECAUSE it was a pigeon.

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” -Joe Biden*
02-24-2022 09:09 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

Very virtuous of you.

More like condescending.

How is this condescending or racist? I may not have explained it the best, but I don't think those are accurate.

What I'm trying to say is I'm glad and proud that Virginia has gotten to the point that the majority voted for who they felt was the best candidate, and that happens to be a black female. I felt the same way when Barack Obama was elected President, although I didn't vote for either one of them (not due to their race though). The truth is it wasn't all that long ago when neither President Obama nor Lt. Governor Sears would have made it onto those tickets, let alone won their races, because of their race and for the Lt. Governor, her gender.

I prefer that the candidates I vote for win elections, but that can't always happen and I also enjoy seeing progress made towards equality and people not being judged by their race, gender, etc. So to me there is always a positive to be found when a minority candidate wins a race for the first time in a free & fair election. It says to me that the people thought this person was the best candidate and have elected them, despite the fact that they don't look like those who have held that office in the past.

Like other Southern states, Virginia has a troubled racial past and I think this election is indeed evidence of positive progress that we should all be glad about.
02-24-2022 09:14 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

Again.... STOP with the race thing. You don't have to qualify any of your statements by race.

Is is about character and qualification NOT characteristics and demographics.
02-24-2022 10:15 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-24-2022 10:15 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Again.... STOP with the race thing. You don't have to qualify any of your statements by race.

that’s what wannabe elitists do in an ‘act of compassion’ when in reality, it’s nothing more than a horseshite pandering qualifier … they’re no different than dogs that go “woofy woof”, then bite your hand in return when the op becomes available…

#fkEmAll
02-24-2022 10:35 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(02-24-2022 10:15 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Again.... STOP with the race thing. You don't have to qualify any of your statements by race.

That statement probably makes zero sense to liberals. I don't blame him for being confused.
02-24-2022 10:56 AM
Gamenole Offline
All American

(02-24-2022 10:56 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

That statement probably makes zero sense to liberals. I don't blame him for being confused.

That statement makes perfect sense, you're either not listening or I am failing to explain myself properly. It's exactly what I'm trying to say - the majority of voters felt her character & qualifications were superior, and they voted for her. There was a time when that would not have been the case in Virginia, due to her race, gender or both and I'm glad that time is in the past.
02-24-2022 11:02 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

(02-24-2022 11:02 AM)Gamenole Wrote:  

That statement makes perfect sense, you're either not listening or I am failing to explain myself properly. It's exactly what I'm trying to say - the majority of voters felt her character & qualifications were superior, and they voted for her. There was a time when that would not have been the case in Virginia, due to her race, gender or both and I'm glad that time is in the past.

Dude - you did it again.... We all get it (your statement in bold) stop brining it up like it's some kind of a f-ing trophy earned.

The fact that you feel like you have to explain it is the point....
02-24-2022 11:16 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

go back and rewrite everything you’ve posted w/o mentioning race … gfl with that crtboytoy…
02-24-2022 11:35 AM
stinkfist Online

(02-24-2022 11:35 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

go back and rewrite everything you’ve posted w/o mentioning race … gfl with that crtboytoy…

I gave ya a few hrs … crickets was a given…

#enjoyLunacy
02-24-2022 01:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.