Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Something fishy is going on in South Florida...
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
Something fishy is going on in South Florida...
Records show that 23 apartment buildings in Miami-Dade County saw residents switch parties at a rate greater than 10 times the state average -

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/politics-i...or-samples
02-20-2022 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: Something fishy is going on in South Florida...
(02-20-2022 05:50 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  Records show that 23 apartment buildings in Miami-Dade County saw residents switch parties at a rate greater than 10 times the state average -

Two explanations: 1) Florida is moving from a purple state to a red state and a ton of people are leaving the democratic party here (Florida has been a extremely successful state by following Desantis and state republicans; 2) if Fraud, some NGO is just adopting tried and true democrat methods.
02-20-2022 06:09 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Need more information, but yeah that sounds shady.
02-20-2022 06:09 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

(02-20-2022 06:09 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  
(02-20-2022 05:50 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  Records show that 23 apartment buildings in Miami-Dade County saw residents switch parties at a rate greater than 10 times the state average -

Two explanations: 1) Florida is moving from a purple state to a red state and a ton of people are leaving the democratic party here (Florida has been a extremely successful state by following Desantis and state republicans; 2) if Fraud, some NGO is just adopting tried and true democrat methods.

Yes I could even see it being a few times higher than the state average in South FL, where there were Republican gains in 2020. But 10 times higher coupled with the people who say they didn't switch, I think you're right and somebody is engaged in fraudulent behavior.
02-20-2022 06:19 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Democratic Party: “If ya ain’t cheat’n, ya ain’t trying.”

It’s been that way here in Kentucky for decades.Democrats controlled the state legislature for over a hundred years until 2016. They still find ways to blame Republicans for the troubles here in Kentucky.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022 06:32 PM by CardinalJim.)
02-20-2022 06:29 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-20-2022 06:09 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Need more information, but yeah that sounds shady.

But to what end?
02-20-2022 06:51 PM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
"It's not enough to change election outcomes."
02-20-2022 07:16 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU

Remember the movement ...... #WALKAWAY
02-20-2022 08:11 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Changing parties means nothing. It’s who you vote for (or who someone votes for in your place).
02-20-2022 10:03 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

(02-20-2022 10:03 PM)banker Wrote:  Changing parties means nothing. It’s who you vote for (or who someone votes for in your place).

It does have an effect for primaries, Florida is a closed primary state meaning only members of a party can vote in that party's primary. You can change your registration at any time, but in order to vote in a party primary a person "must register with that party or change his or her party by the registration deadline for that primary election." So someone whose registration was changed without their consent to Democratic/Republican who didn't catch it in time would find themselves unable to actually vote in the primary they wanted to participate in.

For the general election you're correct, it wouldn't affect anything.

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-...filiation/
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022 10:12 PM by Gamenole.)
02-20-2022 10:10 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
You need at least 20 to 30 thousand deceased voting for your side and even that isn’t enough sometimes. ?
02-20-2022 10:13 PM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(02-20-2022 06:19 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  

Yes I could even see it being a few times higher than the state average in South FL, where there were Republican gains in 2020. But 10 times higher coupled with the people who say they didn't switch, I think you're right and somebody is engaged in fraudulent behavior.

how many party switchers are we talking about ...

IN THE AGGREGATE
02-20-2022 10:15 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(02-20-2022 10:15 PM)green Wrote:  

IN THE AGGREGATE

You can bet the leftists are spying on all Americans worried that we will wake up their real intentions.
02-20-2022 10:26 PM
Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats

Good GOP needs to employ the tactics of the Dems. BTW why do you hate Cubans you xenophobe.
02-20-2022 10:47 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Maybe the people who are suffering the brunt of disastrous democrat policies have awakened. Or maybe the GOP learned some lessons from past democrat shadiness.
02-21-2022 07:47 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(02-20-2022 10:13 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  You need at least 20 to 30 thousand deceased voting for your side and even that isn’t enough sometimes. ?

unGrateful Dead?
02-21-2022 11:12 AM
Advertisement

green Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2022 10:15 PM)green Wrote:  

IN THE AGGREGATE

[Image: waiting-patiently-waiting.gif]

DIDN’T THINK SO
02-21-2022 11:23 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
If anything, I would investigate the one person who said they switched to democrat. That s the most unbelievable thing from the story.
02-21-2022 11:44 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-20-2022 10:10 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  
(02-20-2022 10:03 PM)banker Wrote:  Changing parties means nothing. It’s who you vote for (or who someone votes for in your place).

It does have an effect for primaries, Florida is a closed primary state meaning only members of a party can vote in that party's primary. You can change your registration at any time, but in order to vote in a party primary a person "must register with that party or change his or her party by the registration deadline for that primary election." So someone whose registration was changed without their consent to Democratic/Republican who didn't catch it in time would find themselves unable to actually vote in the primary they wanted to participate in.

For the general election you're correct, it wouldn't affect anything.

https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-...filiation/

should a discrepancy arise ...
any voter can request a provisional ballot ...
can’t be denied the right to vote ...

SORT IT OUT
02-21-2022 11:51 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-20-2022 06:29 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Democratic Party: “If ya ain’t cheat’n, ya ain’t trying.”

It’s been that way here in Kentucky for decades.Democrats controlled the state legislature for over a hundred years until 2016. They still find ways to blame Republicans for the troubles here in Kentucky.

CardinalJim, that's the same story across the South. Given that much of the South is solid red across the board -- even to the point of supermajorities -- it would be easy for folks to think that's just the way it's been.

But the truth is that southern states were under Democratic control since the Civil War for 140-ish years.

For example, Tennessee didn't go full GOP control until 2011. From 1865 to 2011 is 146 years of Democratic control.

It's only been under GOP control for 10 years, going on 11.

It takes a little bit of time to undo 140+ years of racist and leftist policies.

For your state of Kentucky, it looks like the GOP has only had a few years of total control.

The state Senate went Red in 2000 but the House didn't go Red until 2017. At that time the Governor and Lt Governor were both Republicans through 2020. In 2020 both the Gov and Lt Gov switched to Democrat.

In other words Republicans have only had complete control for 3 years total since 1865... of 157 years Republicans have only had control for 3 years (2017-2019).

I can go state by state throughout the South and it's the same story.

In Mississippi GOP control across Gov, Senate & House began in 2012.

Etc
02-21-2022 12:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.