Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Blinken Scrambles When Asked Why Putin Would Invade Under Biden*, Not Trump
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Blinken Scrambles When Asked Why Putin Would Invade Under Biden*, Not Trump
Quote:Watching the Biden Administration do foreign policy, particularly in the middle of a crisis, is like watching a slow train wreck. You know they’re going to hit that car that’s lying up ahead in the tracks, but they just keep speeding headlong into it.

Unfortunately, we saw what a horrible debacle that turned into in Afghanistan — and it doesn’t seem like they learned anything from that with the way they are responding to the Russian threat on Ukraine. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has been begging for the West, and specifically the United States, to put in pre-emptive sanctions to back Russia off. While Joe Biden has claimed that an invasion is imminent, he has refused to do that, which makes no sense — unless what he wants is war.

Blinken reiterated that approach on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday, saying they wouldn’t impose sanctions until “the tanks are actually moving, the planes are actually flying, the bombs are actually dropping.”

“We don’t need your sanctions after the bombardment will happen, and after our country will be fired at or after we will have no borders or after we will have no economy or parts of our country will be occupied,” Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky had said. “Why would we need those sanctions then?”

As we also noted earlier, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin indicated that the sanctions being contemplated might be harder on the Russian people than on Putin himself.

Blinken tried to justify the Biden approach.

“Biden has said while we believe President Putin has made the decision, until the die is cast, until that die actually settles, and until the tanks are actually moving, the planes are actually flying, the bombs are actually dropping, we’re going to do everything we can with diplomacy and with deterrence and persuasion to get President Putin to reverse the decision that we believe he’s made,” he said.

“The purpose of the sanctions in the first instance it to try to deter Russia from going to war,” he continued. “As soon as you trigger them, that deterrent is gone. Until the last minute, as long as we can try to bring a deterrent effect to this, we’re going to try to do that. As to laying out in detail what the sanctions will be, two things – first, Russia generally has a pretty good idea what we’re going to do, but we don’t want to lay out the specifics in advance, because that would allow Russia to try to plan against them.”

But, that makes no sense. You wouldn’t do anything to put them off, but then you’ll drop the sanctions on them after they are already invading and committed to it? Can we say that the folks in the Biden Administration are not terribly bright here? This doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand, and it’s no wonder that Zelensky is infuriated by all this weakness. Indeed, they already relaxed sanctions, such as on Nord Stream 2, in 2021.

Zelensky notes – quite accurately – that the United States made certain commitments to Ukraine for giving up their nuclear weapons years ago as part of the Budapest Memorandum. Under that agreement, the U.S. said that they would help back Ukraine. Because of that commitment from us, Ukraine gave up their weapons which could have helped them now.

Guess who was a big part of that denuding of Ukraine’s defense? Barack Obama, when he was a junior senator from Illinois. We paid a lot of money to help them get rid of conventional weapons that they could have used when Russia invade Crimea in 2014. Obama then was, of course, basically missing in action, leaving Ukraine twisting in the wind, despite his part in helping leave them defenseless.

From Kyiv Independent:

Zelensky said he wants new security guarantees from Budapest memorandum signatories. He said that if Ukraine didn’t receive renewed, actual security guarantees from the signatories – the U.S., the U.K., and Russia – all provisions of the 1994 agreement will be void.

Blinken also appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday, where he was asked a good question about why is Putin making moves now, when he didn’t under President Donald Trump?

Because the whole thing about Trump being a Putin stooge was just so much nonsense. Biden, and Obama before him, are the ones who have bent over for Putin at every turn, and he knows that he can just walk all over them and they wouldn’t respond. Biden keeps showing that again and again. But, folks on the left don’t want to deal with that reality. When you show weakness as Biden constantly does, people will have you for lunch.

Link

The Democrats have never understood or even recognized true evil. Beta males all of them.
02-20-2022 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
RE: Blinken Scrambles When Asked Why Putin Would Invade Under Biden*, Not Trump
That’s an easy question to answer. Trump was a wild card who had the tough talk of a psycho wrestler. Unpredictability along with an arsenal scared them as to what the narcissist might do.

Biden, on the other hand, is so old incoherent senile fool who couldn’t pour piss out of a boot with the directions written on the the heel. Everyone around the world sees it and knows it. He’s like an old blind dog that just barks loudly but never does anything but nap afterwards.
02-20-2022 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
"The Democrats have never understood or even recognized true evil. Beta males all of them."

Au Contraire, mon ami. They know true evil because they are the epitome of it. True evil responds against true evil with clapping under the table so that no one sees them. They know what they're doing and put up a front only because they have to be elected the next go around.

If THE SOB could pull it off he would also impose martial law like Castro II. The only thing keeping him from doing so is that there are still Democrats with common sense and because the American public still vote and has more people with weapons than the military, (I'm not talking about tanks and such, okay?) in other words the second amendment that the Demons have been trying to destroy.
02-20-2022 03:45 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Because biden* is a senile kid groping semi retard

[Image: 5de32a57fd9db2384f6f2792?width=1200&format=jpeg]

Simple
02-20-2022 03:46 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(02-20-2022 03:31 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Zelensky notes – quite accurately – that the United States made certain commitments to Ukraine for giving up their nuclear weapons years ago as part of the Budapest Memorandum. Under that agreement, the U.S. said that they would help back Ukraine. Because of that commitment from us, Ukraine gave up their weapons which could have helped them now.

Guess who was a big part of that denuding of Ukraine’s defense? Barack Obama, when he was a junior senator from Illinois. We paid a lot of money to help them get rid of conventional weapons that they could have used when Russia invade Crimea in 2014. Obama then was, of course, basically missing in action, leaving Ukraine twisting in the wind, despite his part in helping leave them defenseless.

This section is misleading - Barack Obama was nowhere near the US Senate when the Budapest Memorandum was agreed upon. That was in 1994 and he wasn't even in the Illinois Senate at that time. So perhaps he voted for a bill providing funding for Ukraine to carry out giving up their nukes, or encouraging them to follow through in doing so. But I wouldn't say that Senate votes 10 years or more after the agreement qualify as "a big part of that denuding".

That said, he WAS on duty as POTUS when the result of the denuding occurred and Russia took Crimea. Obama chose not to honor the Budapest Memorandum commitment in any way that made a difference in the outcome, so that's a perfectly valid point for criticism for anyone who thinks he handled it poorly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_M...Assurances
02-20-2022 05:37 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
If you don’t think sactions will deter their actions, why would you think they would change their resolve after their actions?

Two kids square off on the playground. Teacher sees them and walks over. She looks at the big kid and says “if you hit him something might happen.” Kid says “What?” Teacher just walks away and waits for the little kid to get punched.

Good plan.
02-20-2022 10:23 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(02-20-2022 03:42 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  That’s an easy question to answer. Trump was a wild card who had the tough talk of a psycho wrestler. Unpredictability along with an arsenal scared them as to what the narcissist might do.

Biden, on the other hand, is so old incoherent senile fool who couldn’t pour piss out of a boot with the directions written on the the heel. Everyone around the world sees it and knows it. He’s like an old blind dog that just barks loudly but never does anything but nap afterwards.

I see this word thrown around with President Trump, all the time, like its something different from most men who was President. Or for that matter the leader or head of the house or any major company...

9 out of 10 people that rise to that level are narcissist.

Hell I guess 70% of those posting on this board are narcissist when it comes to the way those 70% post. We all are in our own ways. And especially if you are "boss" and that goes for almost anything.

In my opinion Trump in running his company had to sell himself and doing so you take a lot of credit that others might deserve. Thats not going to change just because he's president. Same goes for his hyper bold way of describing things...Biggest, best. Other than Carter I think every president in our lifetime was the same way...just not in the hyper bold because every other person were politicians and not running a billion dollar company mainly based on "that person selling things as bigger, better, best out of any other.

If you (general) have people working under you at whatever company you are working at...

9 out of 10 of you will take credit or at least most of it when it comes to face to face with your boss and try to make him or her believe you are the sharpest knife in the drawer. Its just on a much lower level but its also narcissist. If you ever reach the top....

the narcissist grows with every step a person takes
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022 11:20 PM by WKUYG.)
02-20-2022 11:14 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Short of dropping nuclear bombs on people, the US is completely impotent at this point. Our sanctions have lost all ability to be effective and are simply pushing more countries to drop the US dollar as their reserve currency and driving its value down. And threats of sanctions or starting wars is all we have. We have NO diplomacy left and can’t work out deals with anyone because we’re used to dealing with Grenada or someone who follows orders with no choice. If someone has even half our power we don’t know what to do anymore.

Countries holding US dollars is the only thing propping up our economy. Without more people buying them, we can’t keep printing money and the entire economy will crash. We can’t live on what we produce or anywhere close. A constant stream of cash propping us up is the only reason we’re not cold and hungry already. Trying to sanction anyone is shooting our selves in the foot.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022 12:52 AM by Todor.)
02-21-2022 12:50 AM
scorpius Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Putin wasn't ready to escalate under Trump. This same thing would be happening right now with Russia and Ukraine under Trump. The only difference would be that Trump would have essentially gift wrapped Ukraine over to Russia with no sanctions and had the whole right wing media machine out in full force trying to justify how it's the right thing to do. We already see some of that from right wing media. It's just more mooted than it would have been under Trump. But more importantly Trump would have effectively destroyed the NATO alliance in the process of all of this like he was working on when he was in office, and thus that would have put more countries at risk for invasion.

I don't even believe Biden is doing the right thing now. We should either immediately make Ukraine a conditional NATO member and send in NATO troops (including our own) or if that's not possible, send in troops on our own. Take a stand like Kennedy did with Cuba. Sure, we'll have all this drama for a week about a nuclear war, but at the end of the day Putin would be contained, just like we contained the Soviet Union in Germany after WWII and then in Cuba later. Sure, we might have saved NATO and limited Russian expansion by not having Trump in office, but Biden is still also just basically gift wrapping Ukraine over to Russia like Trump would have, but in a less obvious way. If Biden doesn't have the power to send in troops like that, then the blame is on Congress as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022 01:10 AM by scorpius.)
02-21-2022 01:02 AM
Advertisement

BlueDragon Away
Heisman

(02-20-2022 11:14 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(02-20-2022 03:42 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  That’s an easy question to answer. Trump was a wild card who had the tough talk of a psycho wrestler. Unpredictability along with an arsenal scared them as to what the narcissist might do.

I see this word thrown around with President Trump, all the time, like its something different from most men who was President. Or for that matter the leader or head of the house or any major company...

9 out of 10 people that rise to that level are narcissist.

Hell I guess 70% of those posting on this board are narcissist when it comes to the way those 70% post. We all are in our own ways. And especially if you are "boss" and that goes for almost anything.

In my opinion Trump in running his company had to sell himself and doing so you take a lot of credit that others might deserve. Thats not going to change just because he's president. Same goes for his hyper bold way of describing things...Biggest, best. Other than Carter I think every president in our lifetime was the same way...just not in the hyper bold because every other person were politicians and not running a billion dollar company mainly based on "that person selling things as bigger, better, best out of any other.

If you (general) have people working under you at whatever company you are working at...

9 out of 10 of you will take credit or at least most of it when it comes to face to face with your boss and try to make him or her believe you are the sharpest knife in the drawer. Its just on a much lower level but its also narcissist. If you ever reach the top....

the narcissist grows with every step a person takes

Trust me I have a masters degree in Psychology. Trump checks all the boxes for criteria in the DSM for Narcissism. I would still vote for him over any Dem.

Folks on the board would have to go warp speed to catch up with him.
02-21-2022 01:05 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

(02-21-2022 01:02 AM)scorpius Wrote:  Putin wasn't ready to escalate under Trump. This same thing would be happening right now with Russia and Ukraine under Trump. The only difference would be that Trump would have essentially gift wrapped Ukraine over to Russia with no sanctions and had the whole right wing media machine out in full force trying to justify how it's the right thing to do. We already see some of that from right wing media. It's just more mooted than it would have been under Trump. But more importantly Trump would have effectively destroyed the NATO alliance in the process of all of this like he was working on when he was in office, and thus that would have put more countries at risk for invasion.

I don't even believe Biden is doing the right thing now. We should either immediately make Ukraine a conditional NATO member and send in NATO troops (including our own) or if that's not possible, send in troops on our own. Take a stand like Kennedy did with Cuba. Sure, we'll have all this drama for a week about a nuclear war, but at the end of the day Putin would be contained, just like we contained the Soviet Union in Germany after WWII and then in Cuba later. Sure, we might have saved NATO and limited Russian expansion by not having Trump in office, but Biden is still also just basically gift wrapping Ukraine over to Russia like Trump would have, but in a less obvious way. If Biden doesn't have the power to send in troops like that, then the blame is on Congress as well.

This argument is pathetic at best. Trudeau much? I’m sure you have some insane argument for his defense as well.

Comparing Trump to Biden is like comparing a Racehorse to a pack mule in the Run for Roses.
02-21-2022 01:19 AM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
The decision on who to vote for is always against who else is running. Anyone running against a lot of these clowns will get a lot of support. But then, that’s most of our elections—simply voting against the opponent.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022 01:34 AM by Todor.)
02-21-2022 01:31 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(02-21-2022 01:31 AM)Todor Wrote:  The decision on who to vote for is always against who else is running. Anyone running against a lot of these clowns will get a lot of support. But then, that’s most of our elections—simply voting against the opponent.

Of course voting against someone makes up a huge part of the vote but Trump is never president without a huge part of the vote from people who liked what his view of a America with him as president. For the most part he did that with the media bashing the hell out of him and lying their asses off.

I was not a Trump fan till I actually started listening to what he was saying and not what the media was telling me Trump said. Then I actually went and read his "plan" for America. A lot of working class democrats did the same as I did....

That is why Trump won, not because of Hillary. Any other other republican was dead from the go and it wouldn't have been close. Those working class Americans didnt vote against Hillary...

they voted for Trump because what he was saying matched their views for America. I would bet the number of working class people voting for Trump was even larger in 2020. Trump didnt sound like a republicans he sounded more like the democrats a lot of those working class voters grew up with.

Without those votes Hillary is a year into her second term. For the most part republicans do not get President Trump credit for the win
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlueDragon I'm not disagreeing with you but like I said.....

if you are at the top of your field or president no matter who they are most are a narcissist. The difference with Trump he says it out loud and dont give a f'k. Where a true politician never says anything without choosing their words when in front of a camera.
02-21-2022 04:51 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Its not uncommon for a politician to start or threaten a military action when his popularity starts to sink faster than the Titanic. Putin has done it before. This administration doesn’t want to jump into another European War, they want the bump without the blood. If you’re a foreign power do you really worry about being threatened by this inept administration?They’ve been watching. They know our military is too wrapped up in wokeness to provide much of a response.

The US has become the laughing stock of the world under a Democrat president. Its happened under every Democrat administration since Carter. They watched our withdrawal from Afghanistan. Putin knows we are not prepared for war. We don’t need to be.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/comm...-next-war/

We have too many problems of our own to go looking for trouble with another Nation. Most Americans couldn’t find Ukraine on a map. There is no reason for us to send our young men and women to die somewhere we shouldn’t be in the first place.

Let Europe take care of Europe for once. Twice in the last century is enough.

This administration has enough to do fixing the problems it created. Double digit inflation, a broken supply chain leaving store shelves empty, a crippled energy industry and an economy that’s crumbling.

Joe is a joke at home. Now he’s threatening to let the world laugh him. I’ve never been more embarrassed of our Nation than I am now. Presently this administration couldn’t win a fistfight with a bully in the schoolyard.

I know the world didn’t like Trump. There are reasons for that. At least we don’t have any mean tweets.
02-21-2022 06:07 AM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
For those who still have not figured it out, let me break it down for you:

Biden* projects WEAKNESS AND INDECISION which is why Russia is making strategic moves re Ukraine right now; that is why the Taliban dictated terms to this Administration, that is why the southern border is wide open, and that is why China will soon invade Taiwan.

Trump projects STRENGTH AND RESOLVE which is why NONE OF THIS $H1T occurred during his watch.

HARD STOP. That is the reality. This is why America is being laughed at and basically ignored now. The tiger is toothless under a weak and confused Biden*.

Get used to this type of IN YOUR FACE DISRESPECT because it WILL keep happening while Biden* occupies the Oval Office....while spending most of his time at Camp David or in Delaware. And it will continue when Kamala steps in behind Biden*.

TOLERATE IT, AMERICA.

LET'S GO BRANDON!
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2022 01:05 PM by boss man.)
02-21-2022 08:00 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Lots of truth in this post…..

(02-21-2022 08:00 AM)boss man Wrote:  For those who still have not figured it out, let me break it down for you:

Biden* projects WEAKNESS AND INDECISION which is why Russia is making strategic moves re Ukraine right now; that is why the Taliban dictated terms to this Administration, that is why the southern border is wide open, and that is why will China will soon invade Taiwan.

Trump projects STRENGTH AND RESOLVE which is why NONE OF THIS $H1T occurred during his watch.

HARD STOP. That is the reality. This is why America is being laughed at and basically ignored now. The tiger is toothless under a weak and confused Biden*.

Get used to this type of IN YOUR FACE DISRESPECT because it WILL keep happening while Biden* occupies the Oval Office....while spending most of his time at Camp David or in Delaware. And it will continue when Kamala steps in behind Biden*.

TOLERATE IT, AMERICA.

LET'S GO BRANDON!
02-21-2022 12:32 PM
scorpius Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-21-2022 01:19 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  
(02-21-2022 01:02 AM)scorpius Wrote:  Putin wasn't ready to escalate under Trump. This same thing would be happening right now with Russia and Ukraine under Trump. The only difference would be that Trump would have essentially gift wrapped Ukraine over to Russia with no sanctions and had the whole right wing media machine out in full force trying to justify how it's the right thing to do. We already see some of that from right wing media. It's just more mooted than it would have been under Trump. But more importantly Trump would have effectively destroyed the NATO alliance in the process of all of this like he was working on when he was in office, and thus that would have put more countries at risk for invasion.

This argument is pathetic at best. Trudeau much? I’m sure you have some insane argument for his defense as well.

Comparing Trump to Biden is like comparing a Racehorse to a pack mule in the Run for Roses.

If you believe Russian wouldn't have gone into Ukraine under Trump, you are very naive. Trump and Russia were united on their opposition to Ukraine and NATO. The significant difference under Trump would have been the fact more countries beyond Ukraine would have been at risk for invasion due to a crippled NATO. If you view that as "strength", bless your heart.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022 05:30 PM by scorpius.)
02-21-2022 05:29 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(02-21-2022 05:29 PM)scorpius Wrote:  
(02-21-2022 01:19 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

If you believe Russian wouldn't have gone into Ukraine under Trump, you are very naive. Trump and Russia were united on their opposition to Ukraine and NATO. The significant difference under Trump would have been the fact more countries beyond Ukraine would have been at risk for invasion due to a crippled NATO. If you view that as "strength", bless your heart.

I am not a Trump fan, but I dont agree with you. I think Putin would have been more willing to wait 4 more years. That is a drop in the bucket.

I think it is also a catch 22... The whole world seemed to think Trump was itching to drop a nuclear bomb on someone and that kept a lot of things from escalating (like the tariff war with China)...

at the same time, we had a President that the whole world seemed to think was itching to drop a nuclear bomb on someone.

I also dont think Isis and the Taliban would have done what they did in Afghanistan if Trump was still President. They would have invited Trump dropping an awe and shock bombing on them.
02-21-2022 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.