Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* science adviser bullied subordinates
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* science adviser bullied subordinates
Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) — A White House review found credible evidence that top scientist Dr. Eric Lander violated its “Safe and Respectful Workplace Policy,” but the administration plans to keep him on the job after giving him counseling.

An internal review last year, prompted by a workplace complaint, found evidence that Lander, the director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy and science adviser to President Biden, bullied staffers and treated them disrespectfully. That put him at odds with Biden‘s day-one directive that he expected “honesty and decency” from all who worked for his administration and would fire anyone who shows disrespect to others “on the spot.”

The White House said senior administration officials had met with Lander about his actions and management of the office. It said Lander and OSTP are required to take certain corrective actions as part of the review.

“White House leadership met with Dr. Lander to discuss the seriousness of the matter and the President’s expectation that all staff interactions be conducted with respect,” the White House said. “We take this incredibly seriously and we are taking swift action to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.”

The White House said the review did not find “credible evidence” of gender-based discrimination and that the reassignment of the staffer who filed the original complaint was “deemed appropriate.”

On Friday, Lander issued an apology to staffers in his office, acknowledging “I have spoken to colleagues within OSTP in a disrespectful or demeaning way.”

“I am deeply sorry for my conduct,” he added. “I especially want to apologize to those of you who I treated poorly, or were present at the time.”

Lander, whose position was elevated to Cabinet-rank by Biden, appeared prominently with the president last week when he relaunched his “Cancer Moonshot” program to marshal federal resources behind research and treatment for cancer diseases.

The findings against Lander were first reported by Politico.

Link

02-07-2022 06:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
RE: Biden* science adviser bullied subordinates
He has now resigned, but should have been fired -

Top White House Scientist Resigns
February 7, 2022 at 9:53 pm EST By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment

“Eric Lander, President Biden’s top science adviser, resigned Monday night after he acknowledged mistreating his subordinates and apologized for demeaning them, a pattern of behavior that put him at odds with one of Biden’s earliest promises — to run an administration marked by respect and professionalism,” the Washington Post reports.
02-07-2022 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-07-2022 10:01 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  He has now resigned, but should have been fired -

“Eric Lander, President Biden’s top science adviser, resigned Monday night after he acknowledged mistreating his subordinates and apologized for demeaning them, a pattern of behavior that put him at odds with one of Biden’s earliest promises — to run an administration marked by respect and professionalism,” the Washington Post reports.

not a soul with any sense of respect for themselves would ever notate that blurb ... the WP is on the ball, now....

now, what to do with FraudXI, Ja?!
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022 02:51 AM by stinkfist.)
02-08-2022 02:49 AM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Peter Doocy of FOX News can speak to the "respect and professionalism" this insane Administration exhibits.
02-08-2022 07:41 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-07-2022 10:01 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  He has now resigned, but should have been fired -

I will assume that resigning allows him to keep whatever benefits he may have accrued. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Does being a meanie warrant canceling perhaps years of service? Or is Sloe Joe's promise to not tolerate mean people mean enough to impose onerous burdens on Lander?

When did we become a nation of ******* anyway? I'm guessing it all started in the 60's and has really come into fruition this century, especially over the last 5 years.

If our entire country is as sensitive as you liberals we are in deep poop.
02-08-2022 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.