Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News The White House Signals the Coming Jobs Report Is Going to Be Apocalyptic
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
The White House Signals the Coming Jobs Report Is Going to Be Apocalyptic
Quote:How bad will the January 2022 jobs report be next week when it’s released on Friday? We may have some indication of that based on how the White House is already previewing its talking points for the press.

During her daily press briefing, Jen Psaki, fresh off mocking those who have concerns about rising crime, felt the need to give an unprompted mention of the unreleased numbers. In it, she oddly cited the number of people who called out sick during January due to COVID-19 as a preemptive excuse for what is to come.

The fact that the Biden administration, for the first time since taking office, is trying to get out in front of the next batch of employment numbers pretty well signals things are going to be apocalyptic.

I’m open to being presented with more information, but I’m not sure how people calling out sick plays into the unemployment numbers. That seems like a rather ridiculous bit of spin on the part of the White House, given people who take sick days are not counted in job loss figures. Yet, Psaki is asserting that will be the reason that the report looks dire. How does that add up?

Even if the assertion here is that there were fewer people available to take the actual survey because so many people were indisposed with Omicron (her assertion that 9 million people called out sick appears unsupported, or at best, generalized), that doesn’t make much sense either.

Normally, about 60,000 households are polled a month to fill out the employment survey. A smaller sample would still be representative and they never receive every survey back. Further, if someone didn’t fill out the survey because they were sick at home, they would not be counted as a job loss even if they did, in fact, lose their job. Wouldn’t that actually make the jobs report look better than it is?

Again, maybe I’m missing something, but Psaki’s explanation makes no sense whatsoever.

The level of gaslighting that is coming from this administration is just breathtaking at times. We are so far past the “how refreshing” proclamations from the press insisting that Psaki would be transparent. For my money, this is the most dishonest White House in modern history, and modern history includes the Clinton administration.

So what’s this all portend? I think it’s pretty clear that Psaki knows the coming jobs report is going to be in negative territory. That will follow on the heels of a flatlining December report in which the numbers missed by over 50% in a month where seasonal hires should have caused a sharp uptick in employment.

The economy continues to stumble when it should be booming, and the White House continues to have no answers for what to do about it. Or better yet, they don’t like any of the answers out there because they are so dedicated to keeping the COVID-19 “crisis” going for political gain. Although, it looks as if they severely miscalculated on that front.

Link

I would be interested in knowing the unemployment rates comparing the left and right. Seems many lefties are adverse to working so I would guess 2% unemployment for the right and about 10% for the left.
01-31-2022 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: The White House Signals the Coming Jobs Report Is Going to Be Apocalyptic
Sounds like they are going to need to update their fake chart......
01-31-2022 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
The Biden* Administration is the most incompetent in U.S. history. Even the Grant and Coolidge Administrations were better. The Biden* Bunch is absolutely flummoxed by the continual economic downturn and has zero idea of how to counteract it; how to begin to solve it. They are too damn stupid and arrogant to consider their actions have caused this. They don't know what to do!!

All of their BS decisions in the first year of dismantling what Trump had put in place in blowing up BIGLY in their collective faces and they simply are incapable of admitting that THIS ECONOMIC COLLAPSE IS 100% THEIR DOING.

All of their INSANE BS POLICY CHANGES & ACTIONS have brought this about - including the absolute abandonment of the Southern border. THEY OWN it.....ALL OF IT.

I would speculate that Americans need to keep in mind the possibility that all of this chaos and damage is being DONE DELIEBRATELY; to bring about some desired collapse.

Sick days "impacting the economy", my aching @ss. Damn, paid medical leave is a fairly common job benefit that most businesses have. It will be fascinating to see how the media tries to spin that BS.

TOLERATE IT, AMERICA.

LET'S GO BRANDON!!
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022 07:56 AM by boss man.)
02-01-2022 07:53 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-01-2022 07:53 AM)boss man Wrote:  The Biden* Administration is the most incompetent in U.S. history. Even the Grant and Coolidge Administrations were better. The Biden* Bunch is absolutely flummoxed by the continual economic downturn and has zero idea of how to counteract it; how to begin to solve it. They are too damn stupid and arrogant to consider their actions have caused this. They don't know what to do!!

All of their BS decisions in the first year of dismantling what Trump had put in place in blowing up BIGLY in their collective faces and they simply are incapable of admitting that THIS ECONOMIC COLLAPSE IS 100% THEIR DOING.

All of their INSANE BS POLICY CHANGES & ACTIONS have brought this about - including the absolute abandonment of the Southern border. THEY OWN it.....ALL OF IT.

I would speculate that Americans need to keep in mind the possibility that all of this chaos and damage is being DONE DELIEBRATELY; to bring about some desired collapse.

Sick days "impacting the economy", my aching @ss. Damn, paid medical leave is a fairly common job benefit that most businesses have. It will be fascinating to see how the media tries to spin that BS.

TOLERATE IT, AMERICA.

LET'S GO BRANDON!!

See, this is where we diverge. I think they are doing an outstanding job of laying our collective throats bare. They know exactly what the fuq they're doing.
02-01-2022 08:45 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Peppermint Patty aka Baghdad Bobbi is going to have a long day of word salad.
02-01-2022 08:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.