Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Afghan refugee convicted of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl claims his behavior..
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Afghan refugee convicted of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl claims his behavior..
Quote:A federal jury has convicted an Afghan refugee of sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl who was housed at Quantico Marine Corps Base after the evacuation of refugees and others from Afghanistan. 24-year-old Mohammed Tariq was found guilty of abusive sexual contact by a jury during a trial held at the US District Court in Alexandria.

"According to court papers, Tariq tried to explain through interpreters that his conduct was acceptable in his culture. Efforts to have his statements suppressed were rejected by the judge," local news reports.

According to the US Department of Justice, Tariq was arrested last September at Camp Upshur in Quantico after marines observed him fondling the girl above her clothes on her private parts. Marines also said that the girl was not related to him.

Tariq, who was brought to Virginia to the US during the evacuation of Afghanistan, is scheduled for sentencing on April 26.

“People who come to our country seeking haven from tyranny and terrorism deserve to live here in safety,” US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Jessica Aber, whose office prosecuted the case, said in a statement Monday announcing the verdict.

Link
01-25-2022 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
RE: Afghan refugee convicted of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl claims his behavior..
s--thole countries.
01-25-2022 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
RE: Afghan refugee convicted of sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl claims his behavior..
Send him back to Afghanistan. In an inflatable rowboat. He better get to paddling now, and if he ends up on our soil we send him out again until he doesn't return. Let the sharks deal with him.
01-25-2022 01:22 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(01-25-2022 01:22 PM)No2rdame Wrote:  Send him back to Afghanistan. In an inflatable rowboat. He better get to paddling now, and if he ends up on our soil we send him out again until he doesn't return. Let the sharks deal with him.

A bullet is cheaper than a rowboat
01-25-2022 01:31 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
A culture that finds fondling 3 year olds acceptable? Maybe we can get Biden to move.
01-25-2022 02:04 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(01-25-2022 02:04 PM)banker Wrote:  A culture that finds fondling 3 year olds acceptable? Maybe we can get Biden to move.

This kind of points out why materialism/moral relativism are bankrupt ideologies.

If morals are defined culturally then nothing at all is wrong with what that guy did.

Thankfully, morality is transcendent and objective.
01-25-2022 02:27 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
This sickens me. We paid for him to come here, unvetted. Now he's going to be prosecuted and put in our jail system.
01-25-2022 02:42 PM
Advertisement

Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Strictly playing devils advocate here, but it is possible that people do things we don't, and in a totally non sexual way. I have absolutely no idea what the "optics" or intent were of what he was doing so I don't have much to go off of. I mean, he was touching her on the outside of her clothes in front of people watching him. Conceivable that it is just one of those things people do some places. "Fondling" above the cloths could probably be a lot like tickling, without knowing more than the article said.

Travelling, I saw (multiple times) little kids blowing into their dad (or grandpas) stomach not far above the waistline, to make a farting sound. Once they we're just in a park and the dad was laying on his back and the kid pulled dads shirt up and was doing that. They were all laughing and having a good time, mom, grandma etc. I thought to myself, good lord, if you did that in public in the US you'd probably be talking to CPS or someone. It was pretty creepy looking, at least to me, but not everywhere is as sexualized as the US, and a lot of afghan people are very simple and humble people with no education and absolutely no concept of life outside their province.

I know nothing more than what I read in th above article, but it is conceivable that someone from a simple society doesn't have any concepts that we do about how things look. I'd imagine, some people here would be terrified to do some things that families used to do innocently. Like people who almost lose their kids over posting a silly bath time photo that some pervert flags as possible abuse. People here have become hyper conscious of so many little things now. Sad sometimes.

Just sayin'
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022 04:36 AM by Todor.)
01-26-2022 04:28 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
He's not lying. In Afghanistan, the molestation of children is common and largely part of their culture. Hence why we should be carefully scrutinizing who we let into this country. There are awful stories from US soldiers deployed to Afghanistan of having to hear kids being sexually abused, the soldiers wanting to intervene, but being ordered to stand down because the molesters we're US allies.
01-26-2022 07:31 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(01-25-2022 01:31 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(01-25-2022 01:22 PM)No2rdame Wrote:  Send him back to Afghanistan. In an inflatable rowboat. He better get to paddling now, and if he ends up on our soil we send him out again until he doesn't return. Let the sharks deal with him.

A bullet is cheaper than a rowboat

Yeah, but then we don't have to actually execute him. As a nation, we gave him a chance to live. It's up to him to survive at that point.
01-28-2022 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-26-2022 07:31 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  He's not lying. In Afghanistan, the molestation of children is common and largely part of their culture. Hence why we should be carefully scrutinizing who we let into this country. There are awful stories from US soldiers deployed to Afghanistan of having to hear kids being sexually abused, the soldiers wanting to intervene, but being ordered to stand down because the molesters we're US allies.

I've heard this as well especially with boys. It is their culture.
01-28-2022 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
When illegal aliens over-ran Europe a few years back, horror stories started coming out about sexual assaults sky rocketing and the one thing they had in common (even though their politically correct governments tried to suppress this info) was that the worst of the worst were all Afghans.

Our resident houseplant then tells the military during the disastrous Afghanistan evacuation/withdrawl just make sure the planes are full (doesn't matter that they aren't Americans). So, here we are with a bunch of goat humpers and other perverts with their child brides allowed to come in totally unvetted. Interesting we haven't heard much about the child brides - yet.
01-28-2022 05:38 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-26-2022 04:28 AM)Todor Wrote:  Strictly playing devils advocate here, but it is possible that people do things we don't, and in a totally non sexual way. I have absolutely no idea what the "optics" or intent were of what he was doing so I don't have much to go off of. I mean, he was touching her on the outside of her clothes in front of people watching him. Conceivable that it is just one of those things people do some places. "Fondling" above the cloths could probably be a lot like tickling, without knowing more than the article said.

Travelling, I saw (multiple times) little kids blowing into their dad (or grandpas) stomach not far above the waistline, to make a farting sound. Once they we're just in a park and the dad was laying on his back and the kid pulled dads shirt up and was doing that. They were all laughing and having a good time, mom, grandma etc. I thought to myself, good lord, if you did that in public in the US you'd probably be talking to CPS or someone. It was pretty creepy looking, at least to me, but not everywhere is as sexualized as the US, and a lot of afghan people are very simple and humble people with no education and absolutely no concept of life outside their province.

I know nothing more than what I read in th above article, but it is conceivable that someone from a simple society doesn't have any concepts that we do about how things look. I'd imagine, some people here would be terrified to do some things that families used to do innocently. Like people who almost lose their kids over posting a silly bath time photo that some pervert flags as possible abuse. People here have become hyper conscious of so many little things now. Sad sometimes.

Just sayin'

Doesn't matter. He is in The USA now. You want what the US offers then you gotta learn to play by the rule. In Afghanistan females, especially female children are property. It is custom to kill young girls there also.
01-28-2022 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.