Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

is Memphis where talent goes to die!
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
no offense to Memphis fans who i know can be thin skinned but 9-7 with all that talent is ridiculous! An entire roster of 4 stars and Memphis is just not very good. Penny Hardaway cannot coach a lick? really disappointed in Memphis but not completely unexpected given the coaching resume. Eventually the players are going to stop coming.
01-19-2022 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: is Memphis where talent goes to die!
(01-19-2022 07:33 PM)willhclark Wrote:  no offense to Memphis fans who i know can be thin skinned but 9-7 with all that talent is ridiculous! An entire roster of 4 stars and Memphis is just not very good. Penny Hardaway cannot coach a lick? really disappointed in Memphis but not completely unexpected given the coaching resume. Eventually the players are going to stop coming.

Dumb post
01-19-2022 07:59 PM
willhclark Offline
1st String

thin skinned like i said.
01-19-2022 08:09 PM
Milwaukee Offline
All American

I Root For: many teams

Looking back at how Memphis's season went last year, they were only 7-5 on Jan. 21st, 2021.

They finished the regular season with a 7-2 run to wind up 15-7.

They went 1-1 in the AAC tournament

Then, then went 4-0 in the NIT and won the NIT tournament championship.

Perhaps they will "peak late" again this season.

01-20-2022 07:20 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Under normal circumstance, it would be hard to argue. There is no real explanation for those first 4 losses (ISU on a neutral court, at Georgia, at Ole Miss and Murray State at home).

But then we romped on Bama when they were #6, and had just beaten Miami by 32, Gonzaga and Houston in a row. We ran over them.

Next game, against Tennessee, was canceled due to Covid, and then injuries struck like I have never seen. C Lawson was already out since November (no real loss), but since then, all but 3 players have missed multiple games with injuries. We have played several games with 7 available (including Harris & Hatdaway). In one game we finished with 5 players, and another were down to 6.

With several players out, we lost at Tulane by 1. Then all returned but Lawson and Lomax, and we romped again at Wichita. Since then, we have been a MASH unit. We also gagged a 19 point lead at ECU, partly due to dumb plays and partly due to running out of gas.

If players don't get well soon, expect more of the same. If somehow we recover from injuries (none are season ending like Houston's), I doubt we have enough for an at large, so we'll have to depend on winning the AACT. Not a rosy picture, but certainly extenuating circumstances, to some degree.
01-20-2022 07:25 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(01-20-2022 07:25 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Under normal circumstance, it would be hard to argue. There is no real explanation for those first 4 losses (ISU on a neutral court, at Georgia, at Ole Miss and Murray State at home).

But then we romped on Bama when they were #6, and had just beaten Miami by 32, Gonzaga and Houston in a row. We ran over them.

Next game, against Tennessee, was canceled due to Covid, and then injuries struck like I have never seen. C Lawson was already out since November (no real loss), but since then, all but 3 players have missed multiple games with injuries. We have played several games with 7 available (including Harris & Hatdaway). In one game we finished with 5 players, and another were down to 6.

With several players out, we lost at Tulane by 1. Then all returned but Lawson and Lomax, and we romped again at Wichita. Since then, we have been a MASH unit. We also gagged a 19 point lead at ECU, partly due to dumb plays and partly due to running out of gas.

If players don't get well soon, expect more of the same. If somehow we recover from injuries (none are season ending like Houston's), I doubt we have enough for an at large, so we'll have to depend on winning the AACT. Not a rosy picture, but certainly extenuating circumstances, to some degree.

When did you play Gonzaga this year??

Edit: just realized you were talking about last year.

Sent from the Warp via the ruinous powers of Chaos!
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2022 08:33 AM by Westhoff123.)
01-20-2022 08:32 AM
Advertisement

tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

(01-19-2022 08:09 PM)willhclark Wrote:  thin skinned like i said.

dumb post, like I said.
01-20-2022 09:39 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(01-20-2022 08:32 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(01-20-2022 07:25 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Under normal circumstance, it would be hard to argue. There is no real explanation for those first 4 losses (ISU on a neutral court, at Georgia, at Ole Miss and Murray State at home).

No, I was saying we beat Bama right after THEY had beaten Miami, Gonzaga and Houston. When they were on a roll.

Didn't think it was necessary to add "they" in, lol. You know we haven't played Miami, Zags and especially Houston yet.
01-20-2022 05:57 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(01-20-2022 05:57 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

No, I was saying we beat Bama right after THEY had beaten Miami, Gonzaga and Houston. When they were on a roll.

Didn't think it was necessary to add "they" in, lol. You know we haven't played Miami, Zags and especially Houston yet.

That’s what I thought but the way it was worded had me either thinking you had gone crazy or I was just and idiot haha!

01-20-2022 07:01 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(01-20-2022 07:01 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

That’s what I thought but the way it was worded had me either thinking you had gone crazy or I was just and idiot haha!

I'm guessing both are true. 03-lmfao
01-21-2022 12:45 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(01-21-2022 12:45 AM)TripleA Wrote:  

Yup! …hey wait minute…

01-21-2022 12:48 AM
Advertisement

JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(01-20-2022 09:39 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  

dumb post, like I said.

Still feel that way after 1c acted like a child during the post game?
01-21-2022 01:03 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(01-21-2022 12:48 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 12:45 AM)TripleA Wrote:  
(01-20-2022 08:32 AM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  When did you play Gonzaga this year??

Yup! …hey wait minute…

j/k. I don't think I'm crazy. 03-lmfao j/k j/k
01-21-2022 04:57 AM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

(01-21-2022 01:03 AM)JHG722 Wrote:  

dumb post, like I said.

I sure do, coog. Not condoning what Penny said, but ask a dumb question and you get a dumb answer. Right coog?
01-21-2022 10:33 AM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
(01-21-2022 10:33 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  

dumb post, like I said.

I sure do, coog. Not condoning what Penny said, but ask a dumb question and you get a dumb answer. Right coog?
It wasn't a dumb question though. The only thing penny has proven he can do is recruit and beat Wichita. I don't think anyone without Memphis blinders on can think he has what it takes to get it done.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
01-21-2022 10:38 AM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

(01-21-2022 10:38 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  

dumb post, like I said.

It wasn't a dumb question though. The only thing penny has proven he can do is recruit and beat Wichita. I don't think anyone without Memphis blinders on can think he has what it takes to get it done.

Do know the question asked that pissed him off?
01-21-2022 11:19 AM
Advertisement

Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
(01-21-2022 11:19 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  
(01-21-2022 10:38 AM)Stickboy46 Wrote:  
(01-20-2022 09:39 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  dumb post, like I said.

Do know the question asked that pissed him off?
"Have you ever lost faith that you can get this done" ...seems like a valid question to me. Sure seems like he loses faith on the sidelines most times.

There was about 4 bajillion ways he could have answered that in a positive and respectful way. He chose the worst way to answer it.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 12:50 PM by Stickboy46.)
01-21-2022 12:50 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &

dumb post, like I said.

How dare anyone question Peso on anything. He just has to figure out how to roll the ball out on the court right, then the individual talent will begin to overcome combined play in a team sport. Right? Right?

Lol Memphis
01-21-2022 01:03 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple

dumb post, like I said.

Why are you calling me a coog?
01-21-2022 01:40 PM
willhclark Offline
1st String

he can definitely recruit! actual coaching may be lacking but allot of it is lack of experience. Don't know how driven he is.

at least he is sticking it out unlike Clyde Drexler who just up and quit midway through second season.
01-21-2022 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.