2 year extension 03-lmfao
01-04-2022 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
RE: Jeff Scott
Scratching my head on that one........why do that? If he only gets 2 wins next year and they fire him, this will only increase the money they are on the hook for him.
01-04-2022 04:48 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
I assume its for recruiting purposes.

Coach needs 4 years on his contract if he's wants players to believe he will be with them from their freshman year to senior year.
01-04-2022 05:13 PM
BCSvsBS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
(01-04-2022 05:13 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  I assume its for recruiting purposes.

Coach needs 4 years on his contract if he's wants players to believe he will be with them from their freshman year to senior year.

And to attract a good OC. It is what it is. What I don't understand is Gregory's extension. SMH!!! 03-banghead
01-04-2022 05:28 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(01-04-2022 05:28 PM)BCSvsBS Wrote:  
(01-04-2022 05:13 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  I assume its for recruiting purposes.

And to attract a good OC. It is what it is. What I don't understand is Gregory's extension. SMH!!! 03-banghead

Look at the Bright Side: Women's Basketball

Green UConn lives on
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 05:54 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
01-04-2022 05:52 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

Not surprised on that one. I have been telling you guys that the administration and boosters like what he is doing within the program. Eventually he will have to win but if he does so in the next couple of years as most expect, this will be looked at as a good move. This was done to give program stability in recruiting and giving him the best chance to succeed.

I have no problem with that move what so ever.

Now extending Gregory in basketball until 2026 is a horrible move in my book, as I don’t see @nything he is doing that is helping improve basketball.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 07:07 PM by Cubanbull1.)
01-04-2022 07:00 PM
Advertisement

RobUCF Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
What seems strange to me is not the extension of Scott’s contract, it’s that their AD announced the extension of literally almost every athletics coach in a joint statement to promote “stability”. Most ADs evaluate coaches of each sport individually based on their own performance. Not sure what to think about that…
01-04-2022 08:28 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(01-04-2022 07:00 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  Not surprised on that one. I have been telling you guys that the administration and boosters like what he is doing within the program. Eventually he will have to win but if he does so in the next couple of years as most expect, this will be looked at as a good move. This was done to give program stability in recruiting and giving him the best chance to succeed.

Now extending Gregory in basketball until 2026 is a horrible move in my book, as I don’t see @nything he is doing that is helping improve basketball.

Didn't the guy have 3 more years remaining on his contract already? What is the rush to extend a guy who has a resume that's way closer to deserving to be fired after 2 years than extended? "Stability" is an absolute nonsense phrase to ever throw out in the coaching profession, it doesn't exist. I hope this works out for you guys, but even if he wins this extension was pointless and a huge risk for no actual payoff as he'll still leave same as every other AAC coach if he wins.
01-04-2022 08:52 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2022 08:52 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(01-04-2022 07:00 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  Not surprised on that one. I have been telling you guys that the administration and boosters like what he is doing within the program. Eventually he will have to win but if he does so in the next couple of years as most expect, this will be looked at as a good move. This was done to give program stability in recruiting and giving him the best chance to succeed.

Didn't the guy have 3 more years remaining on his contract already? What is the rush to extend a guy who has a resume that's way closer to deserving to be fired after 2 years than extended? "Stability" is an absolute nonsense phrase to ever throw out in the coaching profession, it doesn't exist. I hope this works out for you guys, but even if he wins this extension was pointless and a huge risk for no actual payoff as he'll still leave same as every other AAC coach if he wins.

Of course he will leave if he wins. The point is that as I keep saying administration and boosters are happy with what he has done outside of wins/ losses and believe he will turn it around. If he does leave that will be more years in the buy out.

Anyways we will find out in next two years if it was a good move, but as a USF fan I’m ok with it.
01-04-2022 08:58 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(01-04-2022 08:58 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  

Of course he will leave if he wins. The point is that as I keep saying administration and boosters are happy with what he has done outside of wins/ losses and believe he will turn it around. If he does leave that will be more years in the buy out.

Anyways we will find out in next two years if it was a good move, but as a USF fan I’m ok with it.

Pretty sure you can believe he's going to turn it around and yet be smart enough to know he's got 3 years remaining on his deal and no need to extend it until some sort of results show up. I'd have lost my mind if ECU extended Houston after last season and through 2 years he had more than double Scott's win total. Your boosters/administration is filled with dumb people.
01-04-2022 09:06 PM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2022 09:06 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(01-04-2022 08:58 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  

Pretty sure you can believe he's going to turn it around and yet be smart enough to know he's got 3 years remaining on his deal and no need to extend it until some sort of results show up. I'd have lost my mind if ECU extended Houston after last season and through 2 years he had more than double Scott's win total. Your boosters/administration is filled with dumb people.

Ok let us worry about ours and you worry about yours.
01-04-2022 09:07 PM
Advertisement

Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Words fail me...

Either those donors/administration/whoever really know what they are doing... and CJS will really turn us around... or this is just USF being USF. And we'll be embarrassed for another 5 years. And probably be paying multiple coaches again. And we never learn...

Really rooting for him, but seeing absolutely NOTHING to warrant an extension. Not with 3 years left. How can the justification be stability... when if he fails he's gone anyway? All this does is ensure we'll have to PAY him the additional years. Not that we have to keep him. I don't buy this gives him any real stability. Hell he is already on a hot seat next season.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 10:30 PM by Bull.)
01-04-2022 10:26 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
Its all good. Giving a coach an extension shortly before firing them has never bit you guys in the wallet before…why should it start now?
01-05-2022 12:37 AM
FonzKnight Offline
Special Teams

Hell yeah
01-05-2022 12:43 AM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

01-05-2022 12:48 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2022 10:26 PM)Bull Wrote:  Words fail me...

Either those donors/administration/whoever really know what they are doing... and CJS will really turn us around... or this is just USF being USF. And we'll be embarrassed for another 5 years. And probably be paying multiple coaches again. And we never learn...

Really rooting for him, but seeing absolutely NOTHING to warrant an extension. Not with 3 years left. How can the justification be stability... when if he fails he's gone anyway? All this does is ensure we'll have to PAY him the additional years. Not that we have to keep him. I don't buy this gives him any real stability. Hell he is already on a hot seat next season.

Agree with all this.
01-05-2022 10:03 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
USF was better this year, but they still weren't very good. Will be interesting to see if they can make a leap. UCF going to the big 12, Miami getting an Ace Recruiter, we'll see what happens with Florida and FLorida State but the Seminoles are recruiting pretty well at least. The degree of difficulty at USF is higher than ever.
01-05-2022 10:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2022 10:24 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  USF was better this year, but they still weren't very good. Will be interesting to see if they can make a leap. UCF going to the big 12, Miami getting an Ace Recruiter, we'll see what happens with Florida and FLorida State but the Seminoles are recruiting pretty well at least. The degree of difficulty at USF is higher than ever.

USF’s issues in football, basketball and athletic department will not be fixed overnight. It will take years of one with a clear vision on what it wants to be @nd how to get there.

Except for the extension to Gregory, most of of those in power @nd boosters at USF are ok with these moves. Giving some type of stability and time to build on our coaches and AD will give them more time to focus on building OCS and other facilities they need to focus on.

Will it work out? Only time will tell. But this is a done deal so it really doesn’t matter what those outside of USF think about it.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022 11:08 AM by Cubanbull1.)
01-05-2022 11:07 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
Well, he did finally beat Temple this year, so there’s that.
01-05-2022 11:12 AM
Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2022 11:12 AM)vick mike Wrote:  Well, he did finally beat Temple this year, so there’s that.

Should had beaten them his first year also.
01-05-2022 11:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.