Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News The View Told To Pound Sand
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
The View Told To Pound Sand
Fox News Star ‘Turned Down’ Offer To Replace Meghan McCain On ‘The View’: Report

Quote:Anyone who even remotely follows politics knows that ABC’s “The View” is just another mainstream media echo chamber of left-wing thought featuring four Democratic cheerleaders and one token Republican who gets verbally assaulted by them on a regular basis.

In fact, the abuse became so staunch that it got to the point where the last conservative ‘regular’ — Meghan McCain — dreaded going to work, according to what she wrote in a recently released memoir.

“You can’t imagine how it messes with your self-esteem working in an environment where the worst thing you can be in the world is a Republican during the Trump years,” McCain, who left the show in August and who vehemently opposed the former president, noted in an excerpt of her new audio memoir, “Bad Republican.”

“As the country got worse under Trump, the treatment from Whoopi, Joy, and some of the staff grew meaner and less forgiving,” she continued, adding: “It was as if I had become an avatar for everything they hated about the president. It felt like the co-hosts and staff only knew one Republican — me — and took out all their anger on me, even though I didn’t even vote for Trump.”

Now, The View is on the hunt for another Republican co-host, though it’s likely going to be a tough slog, given McCain’s account and the reputation the left-wing ladies have for being vehemently anti-conservative.

What is even more confounding to politicos is who the show reached out to Fox News’ Kat Timpf, according to a report.

The Daily Beast noted:

Fox News contributor Kat Timpf declined the chance to replace Meghan McCain as the new permanent conservative co-host of The View, Politico Playbook reported on Monday.

With the long-running ABC talk show auditioning right-leaning fill-ins, veteran hosts Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin, and Whoopi Goldberg have reportedly voiced displeasure that the process to replace McCain has taken so long. At the same time, according to Politico, producers are struggling to “find a conservative cast member who checks all the right boxes,” which includes having credibility with GOP audiences while not being prone to conspiracies and election denialism.

“Sources said that the show was eager to recruit young libertarian Kat Timpf, but she turned them down because of the show’s reputation for treating conservatives poorly and her contract with Fox,” Playbook reported.

“Sources close to the show said that the search has stalled as executives struggle to find a conservative cast-member who checks all the right boxes,” the report said.

“They will not consider a Republican who is a denier of the 2020 election results, embraced the January 6 riots, or is seen as flirting too heavily with fringe conspiracy theories or the MAGA wing of the GOP. But at the same time, the host must have credibility with mainstream Republicans, many of whom still support Donald Trump,” Politico added.

Politico also reported that the show’s four leftist co-hosts were “tired of the rotating cast of Republican guest hosts” and want a permanent replacement.

One former staffer for The View said that the show is “really looking for a unicorn” and that they wanted ”someone who is going to fight — but not too hard, because they don’t want it to be ugly and bickering.”

The criteria, and the show in general, were mocked on social media.

“Most conservatives believe 1/6 was bad and the election wasn’t stolen. They also don’t buy liberal orthodoxy that censoring Biden scandals didn’t affect the election or that The View hosts’ own excuses for political riots should be tolerated. That’s the real issue,” noted Mark Hemingway of RealClearInvestigations, as cited by The Daily Wire.

“Oh, please. Just admit you want a show of liberals for liberals. It would be best for all of us if people could just be truthful,” columnist Karol Markowicz added.

“Finding an approved conservative who’s mostly liberal and won’t beat up on the lame-a*s hosts of @TheView is really what they want,” wrote Dan Gainor of Newsbusters.

Retired U.S. Army infantry officer Kurt Schlichter, an attorney and columnist: “It’s getting harder and harder to find people with approved views.”

In a year, Liz Cheney will be available.
12-29-2021 12:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: The View Told To Pound Sand
Have a little more patience ladies.... a certain ® House Member from the great state of Wyoming will be looking for work soon enough.

She checks EVERY box your little cabal needs to have checked off....
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 12:27 PM by Eldonabe.)
12-29-2021 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Behar, Hostin and Goldberg have zero to stand on in being upset the show can't find a conservative replacement. Those three loons have brought it on themselves, and were applauded and encouraged in their behavior by their producers.

Personally, I think the show is properly named "The View". It's a single view they promote, and they won't have it any other way.

For starters, McCain was hardly a conservative. She was a moderate who leaned right. That show won't ever hire a conservative, pointed out by the article stating a very strict set of topics any potential replacement would have to agree with their "View" on.
12-29-2021 12:30 PM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(12-29-2021 12:27 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Have a little more patience ladies.... a certain ® House Member from the great state of Wyoming will be looking for work soon enough.

That’s actually a perfect idea for The View.

Not sure how Cheney would feel about it, though.

………

I had no idea that McCain had left the show. Her last episode was Friday/06th August and I’m just now hearing about it today, ~5 months later.
12-29-2021 01:23 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
I didn't realize the country got worse under Trump?

Huh,...think Meghan had TDS too. #DaddyIssues
12-29-2021 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

(12-29-2021 01:23 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(12-29-2021 12:27 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Have a little more patience ladies.... a certain ® House Member from the great state of Wyoming will be looking for work soon enough.

………

I had no idea that McCain had left the show. Her last episode was Friday/06th August and I’m just now hearing about it today, ~5 months later.

#yurnotademocratsheep
12-29-2021 01:41 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(12-29-2021 12:30 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  Behar, Hostin and Goldberg have zero to stand on in being upset the show can't find a conservative replacement. Those three loons have brought it on themselves, and were applauded and encouraged in their behavior by their producers.

Personally, I think the show is properly named "The View". It's a single view they promote, and they won't have it any other way.

For starters, McCain was hardly a conservative. She was a moderate who leaned right. That show won't ever hire a conservative, pointed out by the article stating a very strict set of topics any potential replacement would have to agree with their "View" on.

McCain has always been a lightweight thinker. Her thinking that she would be treated any other way by these vapid clueless but vicious doltesses tells me all I need to know. Why even sign on for that crap? Because she wanted to make a name for herself other than being related to a late politician. Get herself out in front of the people - not realizing that only staunch libs watch that garbage.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and Meghan is proof. Like dad, few real principles.
12-29-2021 01:52 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America

Seems like she had enough of the bullying from the tolerant, liberal ladies on the show.

Such an odd public tone to strike, of continual and blessed bullying in a time when bullying of many types (in person, online, etc) is so usually publicly shamed. Shows you just how brazen the left is to act in such ways that defies their own preaching. Sadly, their sheep can't see it for what it is, but rather they joyously celebrate it.
12-29-2021 01:52 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Several of McCain's predecessors have similar problems on the the show, which indicates The View has a systemic hate problem for conservatives that dates back well before Trump.

A history of the revolving conservative chair at The View: 'The most difficult seat to fill'
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 03:03 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
12-29-2021 03:01 PM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

(12-29-2021 03:01 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Several of McCain's predecessors have similar problems on the the show, which indicates The View has a systemic hate problem for conservatives that dates back well before Trump.

A history of the revolving conservative chair at The View: 'The most difficult seat to fill'

But they have a black person on, so it's ok........
12-29-2021 03:45 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(12-29-2021 01:26 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  I didn't realize the country got worse under Trump?

Huh,...think Meghan had TDS too. #DaddyIssues

It didn't get worse under Trump. It got better. I'm sure that THE VIEW wants its audience of Left-wing, Kool-Aid drinking idealogues to get their constant feed of drivel that the country did get worse under Trump - and that Biden is doing great things to overcome the mess he inherited.
12-29-2021 04:53 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
The View Told To Pound Sand
Stupid McCain, that's what the money is for.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
12-29-2021 05:09 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
The no. one "news" source for the Regressives. That's where the idiots get their "news" and if they don't like Republicans it's because they know better...they think.

I've had to tell workers behind the counter at doctors office to please change the channel that those people in the View are turning my stomach. I can't stand the mop head, (no kidding, I have a mop head that resembles Whoopie Doo Doo's hair) UnJoyful and the other woman whomever she is. Meghan is just a female version of the ego tripper John, a female facimile.
12-29-2021 09:13 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-29-2021 01:41 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

………

#yurnotademocratsheep

#notTTTargetGenuflectAudience
12-29-2021 09:56 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(12-29-2021 03:01 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Several of McCain's predecessors have similar problems on the the show, which indicates The View has a systemic hate problem for conservatives that dates back well before Trump.

This is true. That Hasselbeck woman explained how the crackpots drove her away from the show. Anyone and I mean anyone who could deal with that crackpot named Joy Behar or whatever her name is on a daily basis deserves sainthood in my opinion.

The few times I have watched her I thought of Winston Churchill and a obnoxious woman at a party. The lady exclaimed if you were my husband Winston I would poison you. Churchill replied if you were my wife I'd gladly drink the poison.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 10:33 PM by BlueDragon.)
12-29-2021 10:12 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(12-29-2021 05:09 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Stupid McCain, that's what the money is for.

I guess she got her fill of the money and the crackpots.
12-29-2021 10:12 PM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(12-29-2021 05:09 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Stupid McCain, that's what the money is for.
Unless Cindy McCain blew the inheritance, Meghan McCain could probably sit home and eat bon-bons for the next 40 years and still be as rich as Obama.

But even if Meghan McCain really did need the money, she may — like a lot of other people — have a limit to how much bullsh¡t she’s ready/willing/able to put up with. Once that limit is passed, the money just isn’t worth it.
12-29-2021 10:37 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(12-29-2021 10:12 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

I guess she got her fill of the money and the crackpots.
She was on there enough years where she will be fine. Again, that's what the millions were for.

12-29-2021 10:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.