Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game #9 @ Abilene Christian
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Game #9 @ Abilene Christian
Game is not until Saturday but wanted to get this going. Abilene comes in at 5-2. There was a chance of playing them in the Bahamas, but they pulled out due to covid. We beat Abilene 2 years ago at home in OT. This will be a tough game. ACU comes in ranked 92 in NET. However by Kenpom they are currently ranked 208 on offense and 112 on defense. That is despite scoring a lot of points. They are also ranked 148 in tempo. Our tempo is pretty slow at 236.

They lost their first 2 games to solid teams, @Utah by 14 then in college station by 1. Then beat a not good UT Arlington squad. Then, not sure if it was intentional or covid related from pulling out of the Bahamas, however they played 3 straight non-DI opponents, whom they blew out in each one. Their most recent win was over a bad Incarnate Word team. So there is a lot of unknown yet with ACU. They have won against bad teams and lost to a couple of good ones.

They have played their full roster so far. 11 players have played in all 7 games and 13 have played in 5 games. 11 players are averaging double digit minutes played. They have the the epitome of balance. They have just 2 guys averaging in double figures, but have 7 others averaging over 5 points per game. Their leading scorer is Coryon Mason. He is a 6'0 senior guard scoring 12 points per game while dishing out 2.1 assists per game. He started and scored a mere 6 points against us 2 years ago. Mahki Morris is their next highest scorer and he is a 6.'3 senior guard from Philly (Delaware Valley). He grabs 3.7 rebounds per game while shooting 53% from the field. He played sparingly against us 2 years ago and made a couple of FT's. The 2 players who torched us in that last game are not here any longer.

Key will be similar to last time we played them. Take care of the ball and dont let them get out and run. They forced nearly 13 turnovers per game and share the ball well (nearly 19 assists per game). If we are careless and let them get up and down the court, we are in for a long game. If we take care of the ball and make some shots, this is a game that we can win. After the disappointing loss at Princeton, with a week off, I hope we come prepared and showcase our talent. We have the depth to match their depth. We will be a bigger team by size as well. With the athleticism they typically have, this could be a big spot for Amari to make an impact

Drexel- 74
Abilene- 81
12-09-2021 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

RE: Game #9 @ Abilene Christian
i think it's a good test to see if we can get up for a game like this. if you can get ready to play in the middle of nowhere in texas...you should be ready to play anywhere. princeton was like a morgue though too. maybe they have a great atmosphere for all i know.

this reminds me of the bracketbuster games where everybody was all pumped about playing some random midwest team. i'd rather be playing penn...but this is well documented.
12-09-2021 05:05 PM
Advertisement

RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
Enjoyed having you guys in Texas. ACU plays a very intense defense (just ask the University of Texas) and this should be useful to Drexel to have seen for the rest of the season. You have a good defense and are well coached as well. You guys have some very talented players and controlled the ball a lot better than most teams we play. You had a good rally for a while in the second half and turned us over more than most teams.
An ACU alum.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2021 09:04 PM by RCI.)
12-12-2021 12:09 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Thanks for stopping by. I was away this whole weekend but it did not sound like we came ready to play. Our road woes continued. 5-29 from 3, with Okros and Coletrane really struggling the worst. We also only had 6 assists. Those type of stats will get you blown out every time. Not good to see that type of performance coming off a week off
12-13-2021 07:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.