Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Preseason Basketball Practive Starts This Week!
Bookmark and Share
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Preseason Basketball Practive Starts This Week!
With Preseason Practice beginning this week for Men’s Basketball, what are your initial thoughts for the upcoming season? I think before the Edu injury Toledo had the potential to be right up with Ohio U and Buffalo as the 3 best teams coming into the season. Without Edu, Toledo still has 4 very good starters in Rollins, Milner Shumate, and Dennis & a capable player coming off the bench in Saunders. But while TK likes to shorten the bench when MAC season comes around, we are going to need unproven players like Moss and Hill as well as a few freshmen to provide quality minutes, and maybe even be part of the main rotation to have a chance at capturing the MAC Tournament Title and the elusive NCAA Bid that goes with it!
09-28-2021 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Preseason Basketball Practive Starts This Week!
I’m calling it now, TOLEDO will make the ncaa tournament!!!
09-28-2021 04:53 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-28-2021 04:53 PM)Macfan123 Wrote:  I’m calling it now, TOLEDO will make the ncaa tournament!!!

I'm rooting for your vote, The pieces are excellent but I cannot get my mind around how they are the RIGHT pieces to compete for that bid. It would be Coache's best effort yet.
09-28-2021 06:11 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(09-28-2021 04:53 PM)Macfan123 Wrote:  I’m calling it now, TOLEDO will make the ncaa tournament!!!
I think so as well. I don't think he will shorten his bench as much they are really deep.
09-28-2021 06:38 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
I just don’t think we have enough horses in the paint. I still have nightmares from watching Richmond beat us up in the paint over & over in the second half of that NIT loss. I think it’s pretty clear what other teams are going to try to do against us this season. I do hope I’m wrong.
09-28-2021 07:17 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-28-2021 07:17 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  I just don’t think we have enough horses in the paint. I still have nightmares from watching Richmond beat us up in the paint over & over in the second half of that NIT loss. I think it’s pretty clear what other teams are going to try to do against us this season. I do hope I’m wrong.

I have hopes that the big European kid is going to be great.
09-28-2021 08:44 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Depends on a few things.

- How much Rollins improves. Is he a 2nd team all-MAC guy, a 1st team all-MAC guy, POY? You want your top player to be a versatile guard or dominant big, so he has a chance to be that go to guard no one can really stop. We'll need it.

- Can the defense continue to grow into the small ball interchangeable parts with lots of help inside unit that was reall;y good at times last year, but got exposed down the stretch. What's the plan to defend good post players without true bigs? It can be done but requires a lot of help and recover, hands digging in on big guys trying to make post moves, and a lot of communication.

- Is there real depth or just some promising young guys? Moss, Wilson, Carcoana, Jacobi, Farmer, HIll, Eopporsen. Out of those 7 we need 3 or 4 to be real contributors. Guys who can give you a boost for 12-15 minutes a game. They don't need to be complete players but we need someone who can come off the bench and make jump shots. We need someone who can come in and be a reliable perimeter defender. We need an energy guy who pumps up his teammates and the fans.
09-28-2021 09:28 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!

03-lmfao03-lmfao Our center is 6-7…. I just don’t see it.

Unless someone can perform Mr. Miyagi healing powers on Edu’s leg…
09-28-2021 10:13 PM
Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

(09-28-2021 09:28 PM)pono Wrote:  Depends on a few things.

- How much Rollins improves. Is he a 2nd team all-MAC guy, a 1st team all-MAC guy, POY? You want your top player to be a versatile guard or dominant big, so he has a chance to be that go to guard no one can really stop. We'll need it.

- Can the defense continue to grow into the small ball interchangeable parts with lots of help inside unit that was reall;y good at times last year, but got exposed down the stretch. What's the plan to defend good post players without true bigs? It can be done but requires a lot of help and recover, hands digging in on big guys trying to make post moves, and a lot of communication.

- Is there real depth or just some promising young guys? Moss, Wilson, Carcoana, Jacobi, Farmer, HIll, Eopporsen. Out of those 7 we need 3 or 4 to be real contributors. Guys who can give you a boost for 12-15 minutes a game. They don't need to be complete players but we need someone who can come off the bench and make jump shots. We need someone who can come in and be a reliable perimeter defender. We need an energy guy who pumps up his teammates and the fans.

If rollins can play anywhere near a MAC POY guy that would be a huge boost for this team, I feel shumate and Milner will show big improvements also, im very intrigued to see the Ray j Dennis guy and see what he brings to the team.
09-28-2021 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.