Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: JMU Coach on Recruiting for the Future
Bookmark and Share
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
OT: JMU Coach on Recruiting for the Future
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021 03:10 PM by SkullyMaroo.)
09-21-2021 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
RE: OT: JMU Coach on Recruiting for the Future
(09-21-2021 02:08 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  https://twitter.com/mattbrownep/status/1...10600?s=21

Can't believe he said that. Why would he say something like that knowing the school hasn't released anything about possibly making a move up to FBS.
09-21-2021 02:29 PM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(09-21-2021 02:29 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  
(09-21-2021 02:08 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  https://twitter.com/mattbrownep/status/1...10600?s=21

Can't believe he said that. Why would he say something like that knowing the school hasn't released anything about possibly making a move up to FBS.

Given that it was a recruiting question, I'm guessing we have some offers out to guys who we don't yet have space for in the class.

Beyond that, I have no idea.
09-21-2021 02:32 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State

Chris Vannini of The Athletic has reported JMU officials have been in discussions with "multiple FBS" conferences (aka CUSA/SBC)
09-21-2021 02:33 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU

He didn't really say much that was earth shattering.
09-21-2021 02:34 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
Replacement for Marshall when the Herd come to the SB?

05-stirthepot
09-21-2021 02:55 PM
Advertisement

Cinciflame Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Liberty and UK
I’m not sure why any Sunbelt fan would want anything to do with JMU. You talk about an entitled fan base. I’m sure not all of them are out of their minds, but go read their message board and you’ll see how most feel about the Sunbelt. High percentage still think they’re above you guys and the AAC should be where they land. Many are already making demands that if Marshall isn’t invited they should turn down the SB offer. Good luck with that group. [/size]
09-21-2021 03:03 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2021 03:03 PM)Cinciflame Wrote:  I’m not sure why any Sunbelt fan would want anything to do with JMU. You talk about an entitled fan base. I’m sure not all of them are out of their minds, but go read their message board and you’ll see how most feel about the Sunbelt. High percentage still think they’re above you guys and the AAC should be where they land. Many are already making demands that if Marshall isn’t invited they should turn down the SB offer. Good luck with that group. [/size]

We tolerate Appy fans….it can’t be much worse than that.

05-stirthepot
09-21-2021 03:23 PM
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
(09-21-2021 03:23 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(09-21-2021 03:03 PM)Cinciflame Wrote:  I’m not sure why any Sunbelt fan would want anything to do with JMU. You talk about an entitled fan base. I’m sure not all of them are out of their minds, but go read their message board and you’ll see how most feel about the Sunbelt. High percentage still think they’re above you guys and the AAC should be where they land. Many are already making demands that if Marshall isn’t invited they should turn down the SB offer. Good luck with that group. [/size]

05-stirthepot

Have you ever heard of barstoolccu? Good grief.
09-21-2021 03:27 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU

We know JMU fans are entitled. I forgot the year App last played them (I believe 2008?), but App was up 21-0, the streamers were put away and the pompeity of JMU fans was shackled. Then they came back and won, some how.

We all know.

But they get the Sun Belt in Virginia, they aren't Liberty, and they sort of bridge the Marshall add.
09-21-2021 03:32 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Not a significant surprise considering the future of G5 membership is up in the air.

They probably even talked to the AAC.
09-21-2021 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-21-2021 03:32 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

We know JMU fans are entitled. I forgot the year App last played them (I believe 2008?), but App was up 21-0, the streamers were put away and the pompeity of JMU fans was shackled. Then they came back and won, some how.

We all know.

But they get the Sun Belt in Virginia, they aren't Liberty, and they sort of bridge the Marshall add.

Only way JMU should come into the SBC this round is:

1. We have lost a couple of member and still trying to get to 12.

2. TxSt is no longer in the conference and we grow east, instead of west.

Just because App would like them, I don’t see why the SBC should become a mid-Atlantic conference.
09-21-2021 04:18 PM
BeatWestern! Online
All American

I Root For: Central Michigan
(09-21-2021 02:33 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  

Chris Vannini of The Athletic has reported JMU officials have been in discussions with "multiple FBS" conferences (aka CUSA/SBC)

And the MAC.
09-21-2021 04:23 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(09-21-2021 04:18 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

We all know.

Just because App would like them, I don’t see why the SBC should become a mid-Atlantic conference.

Much rather Old Dominion to fill any gap. Their fans are much more tolerable and they for the most part want to be here.
09-21-2021 04:25 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.

A comment like this can only help in recruiting, even if nothing happens.
09-21-2021 04:28 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2021 03:27 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(09-21-2021 03:23 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  

05-stirthepot

Have you ever heard of barstoolccu? Good grief.

That would be a no.
09-21-2021 04:30 PM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
(09-21-2021 04:25 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

We all know.

Much rather Old Dominion to fill any gap. Their fans are much more tolerable and they for the most part want to be here.

Lol. It’s the ODU fans and Liberty fans that come here and post crap about JMU.

Most JMU fans would be happy to be in the SBC. It seems to me that people cherry pick the disparaging posts and try to paint with a broad brush. I also remember what some GSU/App fans were saying about the SBC a decade ago.
09-21-2021 04:40 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison

Find me a fan base that doesn’t act that way, especially on message boards, and you’ll find a school that:

A) doesn’t win, or
B) doesn’t have any fans

I think I’d prefer to be associated with the entitled schools myself. I’m guessing so do all the rest.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021 04:54 PM by Duke Dawg.)
09-21-2021 04:52 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(09-21-2021 04:25 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

We all know.

Um, you got that backwards. The majority of odu fans do not want to be in the SB while almost all JMu fans are on board
09-21-2021 04:53 PM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
So if we add Marshall and JMU, that looks like an eastern coast conference smashed up against a Gulf Coast Conference.

East (WV, VA, NC, SC, GA)
Marshall / JMU
App / Coastal
State / Southern

West (AL, LA, AR, TX)-
Troy / South
AState / ULM
TXST / UL
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021 04:55 PM by chrisattsu.)
09-21-2021 04:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.