lol

collective deep breath.
09-18-2021 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Dear New AD
This was reminiscent of the game they laid an egg after Campbell interviewed at Iowa State. Was Candle in Connecticut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-18-2021 07:50 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Dear New AD
(09-18-2021 07:50 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  This was reminiscent of the game they laid an egg after Campbell interviewed at Iowa State. Was Candle in Connecticut?

Lol I can’t fathom why anyone would want that job.
09-18-2021 07:54 PM
nworocket Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Dear New AD
Candle has done nothing without Campbell's recruits. And penalties are a direct reflection of coaching. For a coach that keeps recruiting such good classes, why is it that the product on the field isn't very good? Coaching. The Rockets are 18-16 in their last 34 games.

Get rid of Candle.
09-18-2021 07:59 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

It may not get any better against Ball State (who themselves haven't played well so far this season). Starting the season with a 1-3 record doesn't bode well for the Rockets.
09-18-2021 08:32 PM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

Dear New AD
I think we need a Dr Postal thread. Needs to go outside for the AD

09-18-2021 08:53 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
"This was nobody's fault but mine," Candle
09-19-2021 10:47 AM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Dear AD don't listen to any of the Morons follow your gut. While I am not a moron you don't have to listen to me if you take this advice. One thing we are NOT 1-3 YET and I would bet we won't be.
09-19-2021 10:59 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-19-2021 10:47 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  "This was nobody's fault but mine," Candle

He make any reference as to what it was he did wrong, why it was his fault?
09-19-2021 02:04 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(09-19-2021 10:47 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  "This was nobody's fault but mine," Candle

We’ve heard this every season since he won his only MAC championship…so when is he gonna get it right? You can’t be non-competitive against BG & then blown out by Ball State 2 seasons ago, follow that up with games against WMU & Ball State where your team is incapable of playing for 60 full minutes a season ago, and then melt (again) in the last 90 seconds of what could have been a nice signature upset win & then go back to being non-competitive against Colorado State just 3 games into this season—and think that you are somehow worth a million dollar salary.

Well—at least not at Toledo specifically or in the MAC in general…
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021 02:58 PM by bcunn3128.)
09-19-2021 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-19-2021 02:39 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

We’ve heard this every season since he won his only MAC championship…so when is he gonna get it right? You can’t be non-competitive against BG & then blown out by Ball State 2 seasons ago, follow that up with games against WMU & Ball State where your team is incapable of playing for 60 full minutes a season ago, and then melt (again) in the last 90 seconds of what could have been a nice signature upset win & then go back to being non-competitive against Colorado State just 3 games into this season—and think that you are somehow worth a million dollar salary.

Addazio's salary approx $1.5 mil
Col St athletic budget approx $55 mil
FB Stadium opened in 2017 $220 mil
09-19-2021 03:34 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(09-19-2021 03:34 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Understood. Which is why I said at Toledo or the MAC. The coach of a team that finishes 2nd or 3rd in a division of the MAC for 3 seasons (maybe more now) shouldn’t be getting $1 million.
09-19-2021 03:48 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(09-19-2021 03:34 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

We all know it is market driven what CSU throws around in regards to coaches salary or $$$ allocated for new digs...
I’ll bet you a dollar to a donut that CSU folks think their HC is only worth half of that salary in the same respect that a lot of Rocket fans believe that JC is only worth a half million $$$...
09-19-2021 04:25 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

The problem that could be faced is that MOB is a lame duck AD, decision on Candle would need to be made in December, whereas a new AD will not be in place until next June. Do we think (or would want) a retiring AD to hire a new coach?
09-20-2021 08:09 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-20-2021 08:09 AM)PaulJ Wrote:  The problem that could be faced is that MOB is a lame duck AD, decision on Candle would need to be made in December, whereas a new AD will not be in place until next June. Do we think (or would want) a retiring AD to hire a new coach?

This is O'Brien's last school year (2021-22). Candle's contract goes through 2023, thanks to MOB. To dump Candle after this season, we would have to pay off one year. No way does the president let O'Brien get anywhere near the process. We need a hatchet man.
09-20-2021 09:48 AM
Advertisement

FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(09-20-2021 09:48 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(09-20-2021 08:09 AM)PaulJ Wrote:  The problem that could be faced is that MOB is a lame duck AD, decision on Candle would need to be made in December, whereas a new AD will not be in place until next June. Do we think (or would want) a retiring AD to hire a new coach?

This is O'Brien's last school year (2021-22). Candle's contract goes through 2023, thanks to MOB. To dump Candle after this season, we would have to pay off one year. No way does the president let O'Brien get anywhere near the process. We need a hatchet man.

You would think that down the road (2023) there would be a stipulation in any type of negotiations that mediocrity in the Rocket football program will no longer be tolerated... No more long term high dollar extensions of JC’s contract unless there is a significant turnaround...
09-20-2021 10:46 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(09-20-2021 09:48 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

Yea, just pointing out the timing issue with firing Candle, may need to be done at end of season, just no idea how that will be accomplished and finding a replacement. Leads me to think that as long as team finishes 6-6 he's not getting fired.
09-20-2021 11:16 AM
SylRocketFan Offline
Bench Warmer

The lone hope I hold out is that Candle has learned that you have to move on from guys not getting the job done. Seems like Hallett needs to go.

Obviously a huge amount of this is on Candle's inability to prepare the team for games year in and year out (and take care of penalties) but a run game would have gone a long way Saturday.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 11:43 AM by SylRocketFan.)
09-20-2021 11:42 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(09-18-2021 07:59 PM)nworocket Wrote:  Candle has done nothing without Campbell's recruits. And penalties are a direct reflection of coaching. For a coach that keeps recruiting such good classes, why is it that the product on the field isn't very good? Coaching. The Rockets are 18-16 in their last 34 games.

Get rid of Candle.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Candle was the OC for Campbell and was the top recruiter during that time. So to call them "Campbell's recruits" is pretty ignorant when JC played a huge part in those teams. That played a big reason in why MOB hired JC And didn't look elsewhere.
09-20-2021 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.