Exclamation ‘Own the moment’: Mac McWilliams taking charge in UAB defense
09-17-2021 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: ‘Own the moment’: Mac McWilliams taking charge in UAB defense
He has been a pleasant surprise -- not that he's playing, but that he made that next leap to win the starting job.
09-17-2021 10:55 AM
Advertisement

busch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-17-2021 10:38 AM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  https://www.al.com/uab/2021/09/own-the-m...fense.html

When writing a feature, it's important to spell the subject's name correctly. Our buddy Dud missed on his first name. Oops. I also think he missed on how his brother got his nickname. He said it was because his love if fish sandwiches. In an interview with 247 after his commitment, Fish said his Pop Warner coach couldn't remember the players names so he came up with food nicknames for them. It had nothing to do what they actually liked to eat. He was asked if he liked fish and he said he was allergic to seafood. Oops again.
09-17-2021 12:09 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
I saw Steve Irvine's tweet today that, coming into today. Al dot com had produced 8 articles about South Alabama this week and 1 about UAB. This is completely attributable to the fact that the leadership in Mobile will not allow Birmingham or the Advance overlords to dictate what it does; therefore Mobile has a competent, FULL-TIME employee covering USA and editors who are engaged in planning that coverage.

The Birmingham leadership clearly doesn't care about covering UAB Football -- or really, the entire university for that matter. Therefore they do bare minimum, and when called on it, they get defensive and dig in their heels. Or worse, they do a middle-finger-up kind of story to be spiteful. Babies.

In two weeks, the biggest moment in Birmingham sports history since the 1996 Olympic games will take place. I shudder to think how badly Al dot com will botch that.
09-17-2021 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.