Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Carter Hall Demo Bids due next week
Bookmark and Share
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Bids requested for next Tuesday with a completion of 135 days from notice to proceed.

Figure it would be good to start a thread on stories for those that lived there.

Personally as a commuter I think I was in there one time
09-10-2021 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Carter Hall Demo Bids due next week
Does the contractor have to haul away the debris? If not, knocking it down could be fun.

Pretty sure I never went inside.
09-10-2021 01:49 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Having lived there for the better part of 4 years back in the 1970's it is funny to think of the things that happened there. Living on the 3rd floor of Carter East was a crazy experience. Most of which can not be shared until one is sure that the statute of limitations has expired. Bahaha. It was an exciting place to say the least.
First floor - MBB and baseball
Second floor - freshmen FB
Third floor - Varsity FB
Fourth floor - Other sports and regular Joe's
Fifth floor - More regular joe's
03-nutkick04-cheers03-phew03-lmfao
09-10-2021 03:58 PM
Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(09-10-2021 03:58 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  Having lived there for the better part of 4 years back in the 1970's it is funny to think of the things that happened there. Living on the 3rd floor of Carter East was a crazy experience. Most of which can not be shared until one is sure that the statute of limitations has expired. Bahaha. It was an exciting place to say the least.
First floor - MBB and baseball
Second floor - freshmen FB
Third floor - Varsity FB
Fourth floor - Other sports and regular Joe's
Fifth floor - More regular joe's
03-nutkick04-cheers03-phew03-lmfao

Like the night ending Spring practice when there were kegs on the roof and we shot off fireworks.
09-10-2021 04:05 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
I had graduated and moved put of town. Then had a job offer to move back to Toledo. Between apartments, my junk was at my parents house out of town, but my body had to go to work in downtown Toledo.

My younger brother was living in Carter hall as a freshman. His roommate first quarter moved out to become an RA, his roommate second quarter got kicked off campus. His roommate spring quarter was me.

I'd finish work, play basketball at the rec until after hours, then I'd knock on his first floor window and he'd let me in. I crashed at Carter Hall for nearly the whole spring until I fund my own place. I had a few close calls on some of those early AM fire drills. I'd be up early and out before anyone knew I was there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
09-10-2021 04:46 PM
MiamiRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets!
I lived in Carter Hall for 2 years in the early-to-mid 2000's. I'll never forget those years!!
09-11-2021 01:57 AM
Advertisement

ToledoMike Offline
1st String

Carter West, 2nd floor, late 80's! What a blast. Sorry to see them demo the building :(. It was great getting to know some of our Rocket players while eating in the cafe, playing foosball, ping-ping, studying etc. And then, to be able to party and walk across the parking lot to watch the Rockets play.04-rock
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2021 08:37 AM by ToledoMike.)
09-11-2021 08:37 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Spent a week there over spring break tending a teammate’s grow light “garden” in his closet. It was pretty much a hole then. Still, it’ll be missed.
09-11-2021 09:16 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(09-10-2021 01:49 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Does the contractor have to haul away the debris? If not, knocking it down could be fun.

They let us take a turn with the sledge hammers when they knocked down the glorified Quonset hut that housed Social Work and Anthropology. Why not take advantage of the free labor?
09-11-2021 09:18 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-11-2021 09:18 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(09-10-2021 01:49 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Does the contractor have to haul away the debris? If not, knocking it down could be fun.

They let us take a turn with the sledge hammers when they knocked down the glorified Quonset hut that housed Social Work and Anthropology. Why not take advantage of the free labor?

Must not be needed for overflow, like Covid. Would be interesting to know how full dorms are this year.
09-11-2021 09:40 AM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(09-11-2021 09:16 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Spent a week there over spring break tending a teammate’s grow light “garden” in his closet. It was pretty much a hole then. Still, it’ll be missed.

Tomatoes and string beans?
09-11-2021 11:11 AM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(09-11-2021 11:11 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 09:16 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Spent a week there over spring break tending a teammate’s grow light “garden” in his closet. It was pretty much a hole then. Still, it’ll be missed.

It was supposed to be but he must have gotten some bad seeds. Looked more like a three feet tall bunch of weeds to me.
09-11-2021 12:21 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(09-11-2021 12:21 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 11:11 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  

It was supposed to be but he must have gotten some bad seeds. Looked more like a three feet tall bunch of weeds to me.

03-lmfao
09-11-2021 03:04 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I'm just glad cell phone cameras didn't exist in the late 90s. Especially in Carter West, room 110...
09-11-2021 05:29 PM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

Is the long term plan to discontinue Scott Park and move baseball and softball to this location still underway? I feel like it has been progressing this way with steps along the way? I thought Scott Park might have been for sale?
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021 03:32 PM by stpeterocketfan.)
09-13-2021 03:31 PM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

(09-13-2021 03:31 PM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  Is the long term plan to discontinue Scott Park and move baseball and softball to this location still underway? I feel like it has been progressing this way with steps along the way? I thought Scott Park might have been for sale?

I found the master plan online and see that many steps have been completed over the years including the scaling down of Scott Park. The plan shows that where Carter Hall once sat will be a baseball and softball fields with a facility in the middle of them both that houses the team facility, bathrooms, concessions, and the stands facing each way.
09-14-2021 07:42 AM
Advertisement

PaulJ Offline
1st String

(09-13-2021 03:31 PM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  Is the long term plan to discontinue Scott Park and move baseball and softball to this location still underway? I feel like it has been progressing this way with steps along the way? I thought Scott Park might have been for sale?

That's still the plan, but I am unaware of current status of funding (or fundraising) that has resulted in securing money needed to build BB/SB complex there on Carter Hall football
09-14-2021 12:30 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(09-11-2021 09:40 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 09:18 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Must not be needed for overflow, like Covid. Would be interesting to know how full dorms are this year.

I think dorms are still only at around 70%, not because of any COVID restrictions (none are in place that would limit dorm capacity) but function of continued decline in enrollment, and perhaps more students living at home or off campus (cheaper)
09-14-2021 12:31 PM
Nick from Ohio Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Little Guys
"The Edge" apartments over a Dorr and Kenwood has been a nice addition to off-campus living options.
09-14-2021 01:02 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(09-14-2021 01:02 PM)Nick from Ohio Wrote:  "The Edge" apartments over a Dorr and Kenwood has been a nice addition to off-campus living options.

yea until you see the monthly rent
09-14-2021 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.