UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jacksonville State thoughts
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Jacksonville State thoughts
Been watching some JSU games from 2020 and spring 2021. First, I think UAB is going to win the game, and probably relatively comfortably, but I say that only because I think this team is going to be Bill Clark's best and they'll take care of business like a veteran team should.

But I'm going to give JSU some props. They're good. The QB is excellent, and might be the best UAB will face outside of Malik Willis this season. The RBs and WRs are solid and the OL, while a little small by FBS standards, is very good too. They get after it and play with some nastiness. Same on defense.

I've pulled two games here. JSU scared the daylights out of Florida State.

And they beat up on FIU. This one really surprised me. This game wasn't that close, and JSU clearly had better personnel. I'm not sure how that happens given FIU's location, but I'd take JSU's starters over FIU's every day and twice on Sunday.

08-30-2021 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Jacksonville State thoughts
Their QB reminds me a lot of a taller Darrell Hackney. Absolute canon for an arm, was one of the top QB recruits in the country coming out of HS. Very strong and not easy to bring down. Can run the ball, both almost like a fullback in short yardage. Can scramble to get a first down or make time in the pocket for his receivers to get open, but not a home run threat on the ground. Accurate when he has time to throw, a little wild with his throws when he tries to wing it without his feet being set, so we need to pressure him.

Their defense has players who got playing time at places like Alabama, Florida, Southern Miss, etc. They have 4-5 guys on their D who would be in the two deep on our team at least, if not start. Watch the first half of the Florida St game, their D pretty much lived in the Florida St backfield in the first half. They just ran out of gas in Florida sun in the second half.

Their offensive system is a lot more dynamic than ours, but not sure they have the skill guys to or the line play to sustain more than 2-3 drives on our D. Their QB is a legit stud though, so if he has a good game watch out.

They are probably 14-21 points better than the UCA team we played in last years opener (and beat by 10) so if we play a sloppy game it is going to be scary. I think the spread on the game is probably double what it should be.

They beat FIU despite their QB breaking his leg on their first offensive series. Had he stayed in the game they would have blown FIU out.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021 07:51 PM by BlazerMatt.)
08-30-2021 07:42 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Jacksonville State thoughts
I think the game will go either of 2 ways - we'll blow them out due to having a deeper roster or it will be close as Clark does just enough to win w/o showing anything to GA
08-30-2021 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.