Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* Aides ‘Too Afraid’ To Question Biden, Sullivan Over Pending Afghan Pullout
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* Aides ‘Too Afraid’ To Question Biden, Sullivan Over Pending Afghan Pullout
Quote:Top aides to President Joe Biden and his national security adviser, Jake Sullivan, have admitted they were “too scared” to question either man about key decisions in the lead-up to the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.

According to a report Sunday in the UK’s Daily Mail, Biden “is accused of insisting on recalling U.S. troops ahead of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington DC, and allegedly ignored warnings that it would not leave the military enough time to get American nationals and allies out.”

Word that top aides were too fearful of challenging Biden and Sullivan comes from a former Defense Department official who is in “regular contact” with current senior White House aides, the outlet continued.

The Sunday Telegraph adds that some officials within the Biden administration unsuccessfully pressed the president to keep open the massive Bagram Air Base because it has more runways than Hamid Karzai International Airport in the capital of Kabul, the facility at the center of U.S. and NATO operations throughout the 20-year war.

The official said that the regime operations “like an autocracy” and is authoritarian in stifling dissent.

“It’s one thing to crack down on leaks, it’s another thing to allow a mistake like this,” the official told the Daily Mail.

“This White House is very disciplined, especially when it comes to leaks and such. But the downside of discipline is if you’re running things like an autocracy, and you broker no dissent internally, that’s not what the purpose of a White House staff is,” the official added.

Meantime, there are also rumblings that White House officials are also pushing Biden to extend the Aug. 31 withdrawal deadline, even at the expense of negotiating with the Taliban additional time to evacuate thousands of Americans and Afghan allies.

That’s not likely to sell, however, since Biden campaigned on ending the country’s “forever wars” and with the midterm primary season approaching shortly after the first of the year.

“The President is under immense domestic and international criticism for his management of the crisis in Afghanistan. In a speech given from the White House on Monday, Mr. Biden blamed his predecessor Donald Trump and the Afghan Army for the Taliban’s astonishing seizure of Kabul – and seemingly refusing to accept responsibility himself,” the Daily Mail reported.

Trump, meanwhile, has responded with criticism of his own, telling a massive rally in Alabama Saturday night Biden has overseen one of the biggest U.S. foreign policy disasters since Vietnam.

“This will go down as one of the greatest military defeats of all time,” Trump said, adding that the scenario playing out in Afghanistan is humiliation and that it’s not a withdrawal but rather “a total surrender.”

Link
08-22-2021 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Biden* Aides ‘Too Afraid’ To Question Biden, Sullivan Over Pending Afghan Pullout
This is a generational problem. I am 61 years old, and have spent a career assisting private individuals and businesses to get through the (mostly federal, but some state) regulatory morass. The profile of the typical regulator that I encountered when I started was someone who had spent decades working in private industry, and mostly just wanted to finish his or her career with a more predictable hours and better job security. Yet (with few exceptions) they all fully understood and appreciated the pressures being faced by my clients, and they had the spine to stand up for what was right and fair.

About 25 years ago, the hiring protocols changed. Instead of experience, the focus was on youth and (in hindsight, I now realize) on diversity. The profile of the regulator instead was someone who understood only the published regulatory guidelines, was answerable only to some faceless superior, had little-to-no understanding of the practical application of their decisions on the people forced to seek approval. And in too many cases, they didn’t care. Even those who cared too often lacked the spine to stand up for what is right.

Fortunately, my area of practice isn’t not a matter of life and death. It is just money, and my clients are sophisticated enough to price this regulatory challenge into their decision making. But I am willing to bet that the same dynamic has infected all areas of our federal and state bureaucracies. And, when it comes to the military and diplomacy, it is a matter of life and death.
08-23-2021 05:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Biden* Aides ‘Too Afraid’ To Question Biden, Sullivan Over Pending Afghan Pullout
Hitler was surrounded by people that knew what they were doing. They were afraid of standing up too.
08-23-2021 06:33 AM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The worst botch of a pullout since Hunter knocked up that stripper
08-23-2021 07:32 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(08-23-2021 07:32 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  The worst botch of a pullout since Hunter knocked up that stripper

I knew someone would HAVE to go there. 03-lmfao
08-23-2021 07:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.