Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Afghanistan’s First Female Mayor: Taliban Coming ‘For People Like Me,’ Will ‘Kill Me’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Afghanistan’s First Female Mayor: Taliban Coming ‘For People Like Me,’ Will ‘Kill Me’
Quote:Afghanistan’s first female mayor says she is now waiting for the Taliban to come and kill her after the terror group ousted the government and effectively seized power over the country on Sunday.

Zarifa Ghafari, 27, became the youngest and first female mayor in Afghanistan in 2018. She has received numerous death threats from the Taliban and faced multiple attempted assassinations. Her father, Afghan General Abdul Wasi Ghafari, was killed last year. Zarifa held a defense ministry post in Kabul, moved there over fear for her safety, until the Taliban overran the city over the weekend, according to iNews.

“I’m sitting here waiting for them to come. There is no one to help me or my family. I’m just sitting with them and my husband. And they will come for people like me and kill me. I can’t leave my family. And anyway, where would I go?” she told iNews.

Less than a month ago Ghafari has seemed optimistic about her country’s future, telling iNews at the time: “Younger people are aware of what’s happening. They have social media. They communicate. I think they will continue fighting for progress and our rights. I think there is a future for this country.”

Many of Afghanistan’s top government officials have already fled the country. Afghan President Ashraf Ghani quietly fled the country on Sunday as Taliban militants entered Kabul.

Refugees who fled to Kabul before its fall said that Taliban militants had already begun cracking down on Afghans in outlying cities and towns, forcing unmarried women to wed Taliban fighters and executing Afghan soldiers. Members of the Taliban have reportedly already started “door to door” searches of Kabul looking for any former officials of the Afghan government, soldiers, journalists, and others. As The Daily Wire reported:

Taliban militants are reportedly conducting door-to-door searches in Kabul looking for Afghan government officials, military members, and others who worked with the United States and other western countries.

Taliban militants are also seeking out journalists. While the terrorist group has promised safety and publicly called for a “peaceful” transfer of power, refugees who flocked to Kabul prior to its fall said that the Taliban has already begun forced marriages and executions in outlying cities and towns.

“Taliban started door to door search looking for govt officials, former police & security forces members & those who worked for foreign countries NGOs or infrastructures in Afghanistan. At least 3 journalists’ houses were searched in the last hour. Kabul is now becoming deadly,” one Kabul-based journalist tweeted on Monday. “This is a game-changer for us all. Many have started counting their final hours of life in Kabul. Nobody knows what happens next. Pray for us.”

“Taliban fighters going door-to-door in #Kabul, looking for government employees, soldiers and police, and Afghans who worked with foreign govts and NGOs, several residents tell me,” another journalist tweeted. “Some have been taken away, family members say. In other cases, houses have been searched and documents/weapons confiscated. Taliban also recording names/addresses.”

Link

Unfortunately being killed may be the least of her worries. What they do to her before they kill her will be the worst part. The Taliban are going to top themselves in terms of human rights abuses now that they're back in charge. They have scores to settle that have been brewing for the last 2 decades.
08-16-2021 05:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
RE: Afghanistan’s First Female Mayor: Taliban Coming ‘For People Like Me,’ Will ‘Kill Me’
Hopefully she gets out and they bring here here to live and become a citizen.
08-17-2021 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Afghanistan’s First Female Mayor: Taliban Coming ‘For People Like Me,’ Will ‘Kill Me’
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2021/...re-n427541

Quote:The Biden administration was taken by complete surprise by the speed of the Taliban blitzkrieg across the country after Biden withdrew American forces almost overnight. What’s more, the polls are in, and when it comes to how people view the Biden administration’s handling of the crisis, the numbers couldn’t be more dismal.

As my colleague, Bonchie wrote, the disapproval numbers for how this is being handled are at 69.3 percent, but probably even more disturbing is the fact that 23.1 percent of Americans (undoubtedly Democrats) are in total approval of how it’s being handled.

But the Biden administration has another problem developing over the Afghanistan crisis, and it’s happening right at Biden’s doorstep. Afghan Americans are very, very upset at the turn of events and they’re showing up to the White House to express their disapproval.

According to Fox News, these Afghan Americans are protesting in front of the White House, making their anger and sadness completely clear:

One woman who spoke with Fox News broke down in tears.

“My family is there. All my people is there. They’re killing all my people,” she wept.

Many Afghan American women feared for the girls left to face the Taliban, which seized power in Afghanistan two weeks before the U.S. was set to complete its troop withdrawal, the AP reported.

“Our girls. The girls who are under 20 don’t know what life is like under Taliban. Their lives are all destroyed. They’re all destroyed,” two women who have family in Afghanistan told Fox News.

Afghan Americans also feared for their families who are unable to leave. Seven people have been killed Monday at Kabul International Airport as residents tried to flee the country amid the Taliban takeover. Video on social media shows people running, clinging on to planes as they depart.

“I have immediate family that’s living in Afghanistan right now. They shut down the airport nobody can fly out – they’re stuck there,” one woman told Fox News.

These protesters weren’t shy about pointing the finger either.

“We’re all incredibly disappointed in President Biden and the administration for pulling out all the troops from Afghanistan literally overnight,” a woman told Fox News.

Others remarked that Biden’s strategy wasn’t the only option and that something could have been done that allowed the Afghans more time to train, organize, and set up a more effective force:

“It’s all gone back. I feel like it was for nothing,” one woman told Fox News.

Another man agreed: “it’s back to where it was in 1994.”

Biden’s failure here is colossal, but this isn’t just going to be a black mark on the Biden administration, this will forever be a failure of America as a whole. The irresponsible nature with which Biden conducted the removal of American forces from the country was irresponsible and is resulting in numerous deaths and even more horrors that will become apparent very, very shortly. Afghan Americans who witness the destruction of their people and culture due to unreasonable extremists are right to be furious, especially with the Biden administration.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021 11:50 AM by CrimsonPhantom.)
08-17-2021 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(08-17-2021 09:47 AM)Danforth Wrote:  Hopefully she gets out and they bring here here to live and become a citizen.

She needs to stay there and fix her own shithole, not bring it here.
08-17-2021 12:03 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(08-17-2021 12:03 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(08-17-2021 09:47 AM)Danforth Wrote:  Hopefully she gets out and they bring here here to live and become a citizen.

Yep. Why are we responsible for the world? We need a bubble over the whole country.
08-17-2021 12:23 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
(08-17-2021 12:23 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(08-17-2021 12:03 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Yep. Why are we responsible for the world? We need a bubble over the whole country.

Because we broke it. The Taliban was in power and we went in there and got rid of them and now they are back so we have an obligation to make things right.
08-18-2021 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.