Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News You May Not Only Need Another Shot, But One from a Different Company
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
You May Not Only Need Another Shot, But One from a Different Company
Quote:The average CNN viewer’s head must be spinning from all the different COVID directives they are issued on a daily basis. On Tuesday, the network’s Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta brought them news that should send the vaccine-manufacturers’ stocks soaring.

Vaccine takers will likely not just need one series of COVID vaccine shots, they will almost certainly need a booster. And not just any old booster — one by a different manufacturer. Incredible. Watch:

https://rumble.com/vkynig-cnns-doc-has-b...akers.html

“We’ve got one question from Lucille who asks if a booster is recommended. ‘Should I stick with Moderna or can I get the Pfizer available?’” John Berman asked. “I guess I want to broaden that out a little bit and just ask you, for most people, for most Americans who have been vaccinated, how focused or concerned should they be about the booster issue?”

“Well, so overall this issue is still being studied, but I think we’re going to have some answers pretty quick here,” Dr. Gupta responded. “So, to answer Lucille’s question specifically, not only may it be okay to go ahead and get a shot from a different company, it may, in fact, be recommended.”

“Why?” he continued. “Because what they’re starting to find is that if you have shots from two different, you know, companies, you may actually get a stronger immune response. You’re activating slightly different parts of the immune system, it might be better, being actively studied.”

“When I say soon, I mean this Friday the CDC’s advisers will be meeting to discuss this issue and they may be taking their cues from Israel which has already recommended boosters for those over the age of 60, and in Germany as well, they’re also looking at the possibility, as well as the U.K., for September possibly recommending boosters for those who are immunocompromised,” Dr. Gupta added. “That’s probably what’s going to happen. We will see.”

“What we know is the vaccines seem to offer really good long-term protection, but there may be certain groups of people who would benefit from these boosters and even boosters from different manufacturers,” Dr. Gupta noted.

That’s certainly music to vaccine manufacturers’ ears. Meanwhile, the less-deadly Delta variant is set to fizzle out in a matter of weeks, according to trends observed in nations like India, which has a low vaccination rate, as well as the United Kingdom.

But as far as the CDC is concerned, there is no such thing as ‘too much vaccination,’ even if you’ve already had the virus, and even if natural immunity is shown to be superior.

Link
08-10-2021 03:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: You May Not Only Need Another Shot, But One from a Different Company
These creatures think most people are just stupid.

Oh wait.....
08-10-2021 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(08-10-2021 03:57 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  These creatures think most people are just stupid.

Oh wait.....

Therein lies the rub...
08-10-2021 05:33 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
Why would the COVID vaccine be any different than the flu shot?

You are going to need one every year.

Is anyone on this forum who is complaining about the vaccine not vaccinated?
08-11-2021 11:50 AM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
I think Prince said it best: just replace "lover" with "shot":

Artist: Prince Rogers Nelson
Album: Parade
Song: "AnotherShotHoleInYourHead"
1986 Warner Bros. Records

This is from his Parade tour concert, the whole show was filmed in Detroit on 7th June 1986, Prince's birthday.
08-11-2021 11:56 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

Who on this forum has the guts to say they are unvaccinated?
08-12-2021 09:30 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(08-12-2021 09:30 AM)Danforth Wrote:  Who on this forum has the guts to say they are unvaccinated?

I am unvaccinated. My entire family is. There is zero chance we are going to get vaccinated.

We also don't get the flu shot.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021 09:42 AM by ECUGrad07.)
08-12-2021 09:41 AM
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

(08-12-2021 09:41 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(08-12-2021 09:30 AM)Danforth Wrote:  Who on this forum has the guts to say they are unvaccinated?

I am unvaccinated. My entire family is. There is zero chance we are going to get vaccinated.

Then you sir can complain all you want.

I think those who are vaccinated have no room to complain.
08-16-2021 12:06 PM
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison

My whole family is unvaccinated, I actually had a family member die of COVID and was fully vaccinated. Another two friends who were fully vaccinated, and guess what, are super sick with COVID.
08-16-2021 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Danforth Offline
Banned

(08-16-2021 12:09 PM)hburg Wrote:  

My whole family is unvaccinated, I actually had a family member die of COVID and was fully vaccinated. Another two friends who were fully vaccinated, and guess what, are super sick with COVID.

The vaccine does not prevent you from getting COVID.

You are clearly misinformed.
08-16-2021 02:24 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(08-12-2021 09:41 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

I am unvaccinated and will remain so. No one in my family is vaccinated.
08-16-2021 02:46 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(08-16-2021 02:24 PM)Danforth Wrote:  

Then it isn't a vaccine you clod. Look up the definition of vaccine.

You are clearly an idiot.
08-16-2021 02:47 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(08-16-2021 02:47 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(08-16-2021 02:24 PM)Danforth Wrote:  

Then it isn't a vaccine you clod. Look up the definition of vaccine.

You are clearly an idiot.

I don't care what you call it. It was never meant to prevent you from getting COVID.

I have a question..........

Are you refusing to allow your family to get the shot or are they simply morons like you?
08-17-2021 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.