Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Prior infection provides poor protection against Delta variant
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Prior infection provides poor protection against Delta variant
Linked below is a review of a paper describing the immune response among different cohorts to the Delta variant. Obviously people who have not been vaccinated fared worst ---- but also people who have received only one dose of a 2 dose vaccine, and those who have been *previously infected by a different variant showed a poor immunological response when infected by the Delta variant.* The only groups that showed good protection against Delta were those fully vaccinated *and* those previously infected plus one vaccine dose. For those interested the review of the the study begins at about the 7-minute mark --

https://youtu.be/5RWGh19yTXw
07-26-2021 07:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Prior infection provides poor protection against Delta variant
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021 08:03 AM by stinkfist.)
07-26-2021 08:01 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Circa Mid-2020 = Dying FROM Covid and dying WITH Covid = the same thing

Today = Dying WITH the Vaccine and dying FROM the vaccine = not the same thing
07-26-2021 08:05 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-26-2021 08:05 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Circa Mid-2020 = Dying FROM Covid and dying WITH Covid = the same thing

Today = Dying WITH the Vaccine and dying FROM the vaccine = not the same thing

one can manipulate data however one sees it to fit an agenda…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bill-...-70c3r736b
07-26-2021 08:07 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-26-2021 07:30 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Linked below is a review of a paper describing the immune response among different cohorts to the Delta variant. Obviously people who have not been vaccinated fared worst ---- but also people who have received only one dose of a 2 dose vaccine, and those who have been *previously infected by a different variant showed a poor immunological response when infected by the Delta variant.* The only groups that showed good protection against Delta were those fully vaccinated *and* those previously infected plus one vaccine dose. For those interested the review of the the study begins at about the 7-minute mark --

Oh piss off

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01...for-years/

Seriously, frick off

In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study. This information could help guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in countries where vaccine supply is limited.

https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org/202...-research/

https://www.cdcfoundation.org/partner-list/foundations

Not youtube, requires reading comprehension. The cartoon version is not available yet for simpletons.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021 08:43 AM by shere khan.)
07-26-2021 08:19 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
And yet, we all go on living.
07-26-2021 08:41 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-26-2021 08:41 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  And yet, we all go on living.

Yea, people are enamored with being scared. For giggles, I tuned into the news channels this past week and accoriding to them the world is again engulfed in COVID and everything needs to shurt down yesterday. I turned it off and went outisde to a neighborhood cookout. Most of us have gone back to life, others are intent on being scared. It's up to people to decide I guess.
07-26-2021 08:47 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Well I see that Shere Klan, the 79 year old alpha male, has had his bedpan emptied and is up earlier than usual. And, as is typical, posts something totally irrelevant. For the rest - Note that the original post links an explanation of the new study about the new Delta variant.
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(07-26-2021 07:30 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Linked below is a review of a paper describing the immune response among different cohorts to the Delta variant. Obviously people who have not been vaccinated fared worst ---- but also people who have received only one dose of a 2 dose vaccine, and those who have been *previously infected by a different variant showed a poor immunological response when infected by the Delta variant.* The only groups that showed good protection against Delta were those fully vaccinated *and* those previously infected plus one vaccine dose. For those interested the review of the the study begins at about the 7-minute mark --

https://twitter.com/djlilcoffee_rsa/stat...3025505280

BYE BYE BYE
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-26-2021 08:47 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Well I see that Shere Klan, the 79 year old alpha male, has had his bedpan emptied and is up earlier than usual. And, as is typical, posts something totally irrelevant. For the rest - Note that the original post links an explanation of the new study about the new Delta variant.

nice try. solid attempt

correct in bolded.

03-lmfao

MIT, Cleveland Clinic. Irrelevant according to you.03-lmfao

muh delta variant.

gtfoh

ive had the china flu bioweapon. survived it.

strong, like bull
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021 09:12 AM by shere khan.)
07-26-2021 09:11 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-26-2021 08:19 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Oh piss off

This times 100

These libtard idiots need to stop listening to CNN
07-26-2021 09:33 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

For one, the CDC just announced yesterday for everyone to stop using one of the popular tests for covid, as it could not differentiate between the flu and covid. So likely what we are seeing is not reinfection of covid, but either someone who had the flu the first time around, or someone who had the flu this time around.

The only way to know whether or not someone was REINFECTED is that they tested positive for antibodies and then got reinfected, as confirmed by a test which does not confuse the flu with covid.
07-26-2021 09:50 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

I recommend posting this on the Facebook or the Twitta instead of here... where people sort of care about these kinds of things.
07-26-2021 09:51 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I am finding it harder and harder to understand why some are so reluctant to get the vaccine. Just get it and move on with your lives. If you are one of the .01% that has an issue, consider it your contribution to science.
07-26-2021 10:09 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(07-26-2021 10:09 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  I am finding it harder and harder to understand why some are so reluctant to get the vaccine. Just get it and move on with your lives. If you are one of the .01% that has an issue, consider it your contribution to science.

Easy to say, but is getting the vaccine worth it if you get permanently injured or die? It may be low odds but it does happen.
07-26-2021 10:14 AM
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
Exactly and it’s no one’s business but the person deciding. Some had medical issues that lead to precautions and it’s none of our business to ask why.

Also this is still not approved by the FDA. Only emergency approval and some are waiting until full FDA approval.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021 10:19 AM by DFWMINER.)
07-26-2021 10:18 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-26-2021 10:09 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  I am finding it harder and harder to understand why some are so reluctant to get the vaccine. Just get it and move on with your lives. If you are one of the .01% that has an issue, consider it your contribution to science.

Blow me idiot
07-26-2021 10:19 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Went to some national parks out west. All packed. You might see one person a day with a mask (other than employees). I'm guessing not all of the maskless were vaccinated. Felt really weird to have to wear the mask when we got back on the plane.
07-26-2021 10:23 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

If you are under 40 you are more likely to die from the seasonal flu than from Covid. The vaccine does impact and kill some small % of people who take it. And if this was a normal situation, the vaccine would not be approved until we had another 10 years of tests. Its is a mass testing mode and we don't know if there are long term effects.

I had my 19/20 year old kids get vaccinated but I certainly understand why many that age would not want to.
07-26-2021 10:26 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(07-26-2021 08:19 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Oh piss off

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01...for-years/

Seriously, frick off

In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study. This information could help guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in countries where vaccine supply is limited.

https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org/202...-research/

https://www.cdcfoundation.org/partner-list/foundations

Not youtube, requires reading comprehension. The cartoon version is not available yet for simpletons.

03-nutkick
07-26-2021 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.