Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biden administration officials put together $3T economic plan
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Biden administration officials put together $3T economic plan
Yikes

WASHINGTON — Administration officials are crafting a plan for a multipart infrastructure and economic package that could cost as much as $3 trillion and fulfill key elements of President Biden’s campaign agenda, according to people involved in the discussions.

The first proposal would center on roads, bridges and other infrastructure projects and include many of the climate-change initiatives Mr. Biden outlined in the “Build Back Better” plan he released during the 2020 campaign.

That package would be followed by measures focusing on education and other priorities, including extending the newly expanded child tax credit scheduled to expire at the end of the year and providing for universal prekindergarten and tuition-free community college, the people said..........................................................................................................................................

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bide...c-plan-wsj
03-23-2021 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
RE: Biden administration officials put together $3T economic plan
This should put us back on track after the pandemic.
03-23-2021 09:08 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(03-23-2021 09:06 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Yikes

WASHINGTON — Administration officials are crafting a plan for a multipart infrastructure and economic package that could cost as much as $3 trillion and fulfill key elements of President Biden’s campaign agenda, according to people involved in the discussions.

The first proposal would center on roads, bridges and other infrastructure projects and include many of the climate-change initiatives Mr. Biden outlined in the “Build Back Better” plan he released during the 2020 campaign.

That package would be followed by measures focusing on education and other priorities, including extending the newly expanded child tax credit scheduled to expire at the end of the year and providing for universal prekindergarten and tuition-free community college, the people said..........................................................................................................................................

The 1% are licking their chops. They're gonna get even richer and can pay the illegals swarming the border little to nothing to make them their money. Good job idiot Democrat voters. Say goodbye to the middle class.
03-23-2021 09:11 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(03-23-2021 09:08 AM)Danforth Wrote:  This should put us back on track after the pandemic.

The bad takes never cease.
03-23-2021 09:14 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-23-2021 09:06 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Yikes

Is what's going to be left of this country in 2024 even going to be worth saving?
03-23-2021 09:29 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(03-23-2021 09:08 AM)Danforth Wrote:  This should put us back on track after the pandemic.

Put us back better. Efff China.
03-23-2021 09:39 AM
Advertisement

BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Board conservatives,

What appetite (if any) do you have for investments in infrastructure? Would it be limited to just maintaining the current state of the interstate system? Or how about new heavy civil projects such as the Gateway Project centering around revitalizing the North East's rail network?

How about expanding broadband quality internet to rural America akin to the Rural Electrification Act?
03-23-2021 09:53 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Get ready for a rather large tax hike, and not only on the "rich"......
03-23-2021 09:55 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-23-2021 09:53 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Board conservatives,

What appetite (if any) do you have for investments in infrastructure? Would it be limited to just maintaining the current state of the interstate system? Or how about new heavy civil projects such as the Gateway Project centering around revitalizing the North East's rail network?

How about expanding broadband quality internet to rural America akin to the Rural Electrification Act?
You are making the mistake of actually believing that the 3 trillion in spending will be spent wisely on infrastructure. BTW the existing gas tax is supposed to maintain the highway system.
03-23-2021 10:07 AM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston

I could get behind projects that actually create value and improve productivity over the long term. Highways, bridges, water collection and distribution projects, gas pipelines, power plants (preferably nuclear), and large scale battery projects that will store green energy for use when green energy is ineffective (ie--when the sun isnt shining, at night, or when the wind doesnt blow).

With respect to large scale battery farm projects---Understand, that a battery is just a way to store potential energy. It doesnt have to be a conventional "battery" or an expensive high tech Tesla battery. A "battery" for energy storage purposes can be pumped water in an elevated resorvoir that can then flow downhill to create electricity using conventional hydro-electric turbines. A battery can be a compressed air farm where excess solar power is used to compress air that can them be used to power generators when the solar or wind generation units are unable to provide power. Doing these types of "battery" projects makes power grids (especially those using a large percentage of green energy) more viable and stable.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021 10:34 AM by Attackcoog.)
03-23-2021 10:23 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-23-2021 10:07 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

You are making the mistake of actually believing that the 3 trillion in spending will be spent wisely on infrastructure. BTW the existing gas tax is supposed to maintain the highway system.

And there you have it. Especially now that the damn republicans have approved earmarks. Here in Cincinnati we have the Brent Spence bridge which allows I75 to cross the Ohio River. 3 presidential candidates have campaigned in front of it proclaiming how badly needed a replacement bridge is.
They will say it's infrastructure and then we'll see money spent on nonsense that benefits no one but the politician while the infrastructure continues to crumble.
03-23-2021 10:28 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Not interested in spending an absolutely obscene amount of money on another rail project (see California’s current boondoggle)

I’m willing to bet not 20% of that money would actually be spent on infrastructure.

This is no more than another Democrat “plan” for massive giveaways for stuff that “feels good” but doesn’t work.

You watch, if this passes into law, it will be a repeat of the “shovel ready jobs” horsesh!t we’ve already seen.........
03-23-2021 10:32 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-23-2021 10:23 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I could get behind projects that actually create value and improve productivity over the long term. Highways, bridges, power plants (preferably nuclear), and large scale battery projects that will store green energy for use when green energy is ineffective (ie--when the sun inst shining, at night, or when the wind doesnt blow).
Understand, that a battery is just a way to store potential energy. It doesnt have to be a conventional "battery" or a high tech expensive Tesla battery. A "battery" for energy storage can be pumped water in a elevated resorvoir that can then flow downhill to create electricity using conventional hydro-electric turbines. A battery can be a compressed air farm where excess solar power is used to compress air that can them be used to power generators when the solar or wind generation units are unable to provide power. Doing these types of projects makes power grids using green energy more viable and stable.

My thought is create a privatized component of social security, like Sweden. Use the funds to invest infrastructure projects like these and operate them at a profit which goes into the individual privatized SS accounts. Basically give everyone in the USA a "super 401k." Gets infrastructure funded, provides funding for green energy, goes a long way to address wealth inequality, and provides for retirement.
03-23-2021 10:33 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
They should've done infrastructure projects in the covid relief bill. Instead they wasted 2 trillion dollars on non-covid related things and now want to waste 3 trillion more. Inflation is going to destroy the average american. Wealth inequality is going to rise as a result of this massive spending. It's exactly the wrong prescription for America's problems.
03-23-2021 10:33 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(03-23-2021 10:23 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

I could get behind projects that actually create value and improve productivity over the long term. Highways, bridges, power plants (preferably nuclear), and large scale battery projects that will store green energy for use when green energy is ineffective (ie--when the sun inst shining, at night, or when the wind doesnt blow).

Understand, that a battery is just a way to store potential energy. It doesnt have to be a conventional "battery" like we typically think. A "battery" for energy storage could be pumped water to a resorvoir that can then flow down hill to create electricty in a hydro-electric turbine. It can be a compressed air farm where excess solar power is used to compress air into liquid form that can them be used to power generators when the solar or wind generation units are unable to provide power. Doing these types of projects makes power grids using green energy more viable and stable.

I'm involved in a project that is doing just that. They're constructing a reservoir on top of a land feature that is roughly 1000' higher than the surrounding terrain. It uses excess wind and solar power to pump the water up from the lower to the upper reservoir. In scenarios where the solar and wind power aren't producing as much, the water from the upper reservoir flows downhill through a turbine.

The whole system is expected to serve nearly 300,000 homes.
03-23-2021 10:35 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
(03-23-2021 09:55 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Get ready for a rather large tax hike, and not only on the "rich"......

Well we got a tax cut a few years ago so I'll call it a push.

It's understandable considering the effects of the pandemic.
03-23-2021 10:37 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU

The rail stuff is a non-starter. Lets fix the roads, bridges, schools, and slums. The choo choo train can wait until some independent man-child that makes a lot of money and wants to invest it in the toy.
03-23-2021 11:36 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

bridges + sewer + current/expansion...

applies to both rural and urban....
03-23-2021 11:39 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(03-23-2021 10:37 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
(03-23-2021 09:55 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Get ready for a rather large tax hike, and not only on the "rich"......

I'm of the mindset that the money I earn should actually be mine. Others, for some reason, think that money belongs to the government. I'll never understand that line of thinking. I understand paying taxes for the common good, but we all know that's not what actually occurs. IMO, the public should not be the government's piggy bank.
03-23-2021 11:43 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-23-2021 10:37 AM)Danforth Wrote:  

do ewe wake up to intentionally placate the tard, or does it happen au naturel...
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021 11:46 AM by stinkfist.)
03-23-2021 11:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.