Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Opinion Interesting thought about barricades, NG , etc.
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Interesting thought about barricades, NG , etc.
You know, while I have long known that high ranking political officials have needed protection from random mentally ill people or nut jobs. You know, secret service, state police, etc... I can’t remember a time since WWII when the political class was actually afraid of the citizenry.........until now, and make no mistake, they are.

You would think these people might do a bit of self reflection and ask themselves why they are scared and what culpability they may have......but, I’m betting they’ll blame it all on Trump. It really isn’t him at all save his exposing that these clowns are not working in the best interests of the citizenry.....
01-19-2021 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Interesting thought about barricades, NG , etc.
They're SUPPOSED to be scared of us.
01-19-2021 07:37 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-19-2021 07:37 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  They're SUPPOSED to be scared of us.

Well, it’s obvious they are right now.

Do what’s best for the people and the reasons for fear go down quite a bit.
01-19-2021 10:58 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
That’s why I said the Capitol incident was a necessary event. They need to understand who they work for and that their continued position is not a right. If they push far enough their illusion of safety gets exposed.

Politicians, who always have an army and others protecting them, never survive a revolution.
01-19-2021 11:58 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-19-2021 11:58 PM)banker Wrote:  That’s why I said the Capitol incident was a necessary event. They need to understand who they work for and that their continued position is not a right. If they push far enough their illusion of safety gets exposed.
Politicians, who always have an army and others protecting them, never survive a revolution.

Because, when push comes to shove, that army doesn't always shoot the direction that those politicians expected. See France 1789, Russia 1917.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021 12:16 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
01-20-2021 12:14 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(01-20-2021 12:14 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-19-2021 11:58 PM)banker Wrote:  That’s why I said the Capitol incident was a necessary event. They need to understand who they work for and that their continued position is not a right. If they push far enough their illusion of safety gets exposed.

Because, when push comes to shove, that army doesn't always shoot the direction that those politicians expected. See France 1789, Russia 1917.

If I remember correctly, when the Tiananmen Square protests were going on, the local Army units refused to advance into the center of the city where the heart of the protests were in progress. The Party officials ended up using units from outside the province to quell the demonstrations. There are reports that even some of the units from other areas refused to fire on protesters when given orders to use deadly force. Its one thing to fire on the enemy to protect your nation. Its another thing entirely to aim those rifles at your own countrymen---its just not something most folks even think about being faced with when they sign up to protect and serve.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021 02:08 AM by Attackcoog.)
01-20-2021 02:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.