WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Matthew Stuckey
Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Matthew Stuckey
Highly recruited. Redshirted as a freshman. I believe he missed last year due to a knee or leg injury. Not seeing him participate even on special teams. What’s his status? Seems like if healthy quite an athlete that could play with ‘backer and defensive end.
11-15-2020 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cucumber Salad Offline
1st String

RE: Matthew Stuckey
Read this kid was on the participation list against NIU. Didn’t see any statistics. Does that imply special teams and just nothing came his way?

Again this kid was highly rated coming in but suffered damaged wheels early on. Not the easiest to rebound from. In catching the game did anyone take note of him? Conversation about the D line in playing ‘backers at DE. Statistically he has size. If he’s as athletic having recovered and he seeing the field it could bode well.

Can anyone who caught the game weigh in on this?
12-01-2020 11:00 PM
Advertisement

Broncos83 Online
All American

I’m pretty sure he had a few plays at LB against NIU. I noticed Moment was running around kinda gimpy on a few plays and Stuckey may have stepped in for a “moment” (pun intended). I think he was on special teams too though.
12-01-2020 11:34 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

Yeah, he was injured, and fighting through a lot of depth, including other highly touted recruits. Right now (counting an injured Zaire Barnes and not AJ Thomas), the 2s are Selig, Motz, and Bonnema, and the 3s are Wallace, McCree (who has really worked his way up from special teams), and Stuckey, who has played in two games this season. To be a starter, he's going to have to beat out Selig, Bonnema, or Wallace, but if he stays healthy expect to see him more next season (if Heyward and Thomas graduate).

Then again, with the way these nagging injuries are going, we could be down to playing safeties at linebacker by the MAC championship! It makes you wonder if the sheer amount of practices play a role in that it feels like late-season injuries, or if it's the lack of consistent practices and games and spring training. At least most of these injuries are not devastating!
12-02-2020 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.